Mayor Villaraigosa to demonstrate con...

Mayor Villaraigosa to demonstrate controversial body scanner at LAX

There are 34 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 22, 2010, titled Mayor Villaraigosa to demonstrate controversial body scanner at LAX. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa will walk through an Advanced Imaging Technology scanner this morning at Los Angeles International Airport to show his support for the more invasive security tactics for airline travelers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WHAAATTT

Rosemead, CA

#21 Nov 22, 2010
Ace wrote:
Mayor Villaraigosa doesn't need a body scan done. We can already see through him.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. well put.
Mr Wow Wee

North Hollywood, CA

#22 Nov 22, 2010
That makes me feel much better. If Mr TJ can do it so can I.
WHAAATTT

Rosemead, CA

#23 Nov 22, 2010
THESAULSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Blohw me you filthy bible thumpin kckrackker!
You're at a minimum disgusting, and at best a moron. Huge vocabulary though.
WHAAATTT

Rosemead, CA

#24 Nov 22, 2010
john wrote:
Why not we ask those advocate that favor the scanner or like Obama, Clinton, etc. to go through it every time they travel and then see how they feel about it?
And Mrs. Obama and daughters. But maybe it wouldn't bother him to see his daughters treated like that. Would be interesting, though.
Haddit

Yorba Linda, CA

#25 Nov 22, 2010
TSA Slogans

Grope discounts available.

Can't see London, can't see France, unless we see your underpants.

If we did our job any better, we'd have to buy you dinner first.

Only we know if Lady Gaga is really a lady.

Don't worry, my hands are still warm from the last guy.

Throw a few back at the airport Chili's and you won't even notice.

Wanna fly? Drop your fly.

We've handled more balls than Barney Frank

We are now free to move about your pants

We rub you the wrong way, so you can be on your way.

It's not a grope. It's a freedom pat.

When in doubt, we make you whip it out.

TSA: Touchin', Squeezin', Arrestin'

You were a virgin.

We handle more packages than the USPS

The TSA isn't silly, they just want to inspect your willy

Stroke of the hand, law of the land

No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem

Let your fingers do the Walking

Cough

Reach out and touch someone

Can you feel me now?
Doug W

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Nov 22, 2010
There's a difference between Little Tony going through the scanner and our families going through the scanner. We care about our families.
Not in LA Anymore

Warrior, AL

#27 Nov 22, 2010
Another reason to waste time,tony do you ever get anything done?
Angelino

Sylmar, CA

#28 Nov 22, 2010
Prefer a pat down to the rads!
Got it now

AOL

#29 Nov 22, 2010
Lil Tony now wants one at City Hall and he is volunteering to do the scanning
Who am I

Woodland Hills, CA

#30 Nov 22, 2010
what ever happened to the bomb detecting "sniffers" that were used just a few years ago at airports? There were no complaints with that machine when it was used. It was just a puff of air to check for explosives. Done. End of story. Fast, Easy, Simple.

Oh ya.. they broke down! Fix em then. It is obviously much cheaper to use T.S.A. people to do a "pat down" search. Hmmm dont be so darn cheap. Fix em. Have a repair crew "on call" to fix em when they break. Problem solved. Heck, be crazy. Have a few "not in use" so when one breaks, one is available and wala.. No more pat downs. No more angry people. Diaper bomb guy gets "sniffed" and he gets detained for the FBI.

Get back to the basics. Do the right thing. Spend our tax dollars on a few machines vs. the wall street bail out. Gheesh, cant the lil guy ever win???

But .... Who am I?

I'm just an insignificant cog in the wheel.

United States

#31 Nov 22, 2010
THIS TSA PAT-DOWNS ARE A WINDFALL FOR PEDOPHILES AND RAPISTS, AND ALL AROUND SEX OFFENDERS!!!!

I hope they screen all these TSA bozos. You had better pat down these TSA sex offenders.

United States

#32 Nov 22, 2010
Did you look at the faces of these TSA sex offenders??? They are all smiling and totally enjoying this.

What type of screening are they doing on these TSA sex offenders?? Is it going to be as rigorous as hiring a police officer? I hope they do back ground checks, criminal checks, psychiatric testing, etc. This is no minor issue.....

There is going to be a rash of sex offenders applying to become TSA feelers......

This whole thing is so disgusting. You either get radiation exposure or you are sexually assaulted everytime you are traveling. What kind of BS is this???

Will the federal government be able to defend all the lawsuits which will be piling up???? You will mapractice suits up the ying yang. The pat downs will cause more harm than good. There will be emotional trauma from all this - fear of getting cancer, fear of psychological trauma from all the sexually explicit pat downs.

The federal gov better be well insured.....
davidozone

Glendale, CA

#33 Nov 22, 2010
Trust me it is not natural and you will suffer permanent damage from it ,but hey isnt that is the true intent?Remember people everthing is fully controlled and monitored from your pocketbook to your cellphone,The last true frontier for the mark of the beast will be to invade your body and skull physically and this machines does just that!

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

#34 Nov 22, 2010
THESAULSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Blohw me you filthy bible thumpin kckrackker!
Another well thought out, adult comment. Homosexual and racist in the same sentence. No one wants to funnel your hog Saully, you might as well head south for the donkey shows to get your jollys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scanners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
getting viper p-25 into scanner (Jul '16) Jul '16 wendyfurr 1
News Bar codes get around town, get on Google, get m... (Jun '10) Nov '15 evanpan 2
News Photo Preview: New Alexandria Giant Grocery Sto... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Alexis 1
News For online security, rely less on passwords (Jun '15) Jun '15 MeganOBrien 1
News On This Day: First Universal Product Bar Code S... (Mar '15) Mar '15 bob 1
News The a oenumber of the beast,a hand scanners (to... (Jan '15) Jan '15 WTF 2
Handheld scanners (Jan '15) Jan '15 Jamestheduke21 1
More from around the web