Mayor Villaraigosa to demonstrate con...

Mayor Villaraigosa to demonstrate controversial body scanner at LAX

There are 34 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 22, 2010, titled Mayor Villaraigosa to demonstrate controversial body scanner at LAX. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa will walk through an Advanced Imaging Technology scanner this morning at Los Angeles International Airport to show his support for the more invasive security tactics for airline travelers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
zheng ye

La Puente, CA

#1 Nov 22, 2010
turn it on high when Villar goes through
joy

United States

#2 Nov 22, 2010
let's get that scan on YouTube......

I hear he's hung like a humming bird
Norman Moore

Springfield, MO

#3 Nov 22, 2010
Why doesn't he go for the "junk grab" instead? Must be a slow day so he needs a photo op.
GOPGAL

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Nov 22, 2010
So if this idiot goes through the scan it's safe? Hopefully it sterilizes him so that he doesn't breed. Why does the press follow him? Maybe if camera's weren't around he'd sit in his office and do something for a change. On second thought, maybe not. That might be worse.
BenKor

United States

#5 Nov 22, 2010
Of course he is going to be in support of the scans like Napolitano and Pistole he has a financial and vested interest in the scanners. Seriously these bozo's have to be getting kick downs for this fiasco.
Scam city

Burbank, CA

#6 Nov 22, 2010
After the scan is he taking off on another world tour.

I think the TSA should refuse to scan him and subject him to the Junk Grad.
4uscitizenCA

United States

#7 Nov 22, 2010
He tries to be a role model so that others may follow. But there is only one thing wrong. There is respect lacking.
4uscitizenCA

United States

#8 Nov 22, 2010
Can you trust this man?
Ace

Glendale, CA

#9 Nov 22, 2010
Mayor Villaraigosa doesn't need a body scan done. We can already see through him.
lastoutlaw

United States

#10 Nov 22, 2010
Since Pelosi and Boxer tend to fly the plush military jets normally reserved for top brass; THEY will never have to go through Airport Security. Shame. Pelosi hasn't had a good climax since the Messiah signed Obamacare.

Nor will O'Bummer, Michelin or the two welfare trainees they've got tagging along.

Sure like the way that the government STILL won't profile known terrorist types; and they'll NEVER put them thru the scanners or pat them down - it would offend their religious beliefs.

What about the rest of us; what about OUR beliefs - religious or otherwise?

My blue-haired Grandma doesn't resemble the 19 hijackers, the shoe bomber or the underwear bomber; why is she being pulled aside while Abdul is waved through? My blue-haired Grandma doesn't resemble the 19 hijackers, the shoe bomber or the underwear bomber; but she's told she can't pray silently in her seat (counting rosary beads) while Abdul, Akhim, Mohammed, Omar and Saleem can roll out the rugs and bow to Mecca.

Why is that?

But it's nice to see Alcalde going thru, even if it IS political posturing and he generally flies charter - which, by the way, is exempt from the TSA boarding rules.

The Grinning Midget thinks that he'll attract some new chicas by showing his junk; but in reality - I guess we'll all see just how Tiny Tony REALLY is.

And those of you with colostomy or urine bags? TSA has the government backing them; so your pleas for a private pat-down will be ignored (like the person in Michigan this past weekend).

Might be best to skip the airlines and start taking Amtrak. This might let Amtrak turn a profit for the first time since 1971 - which was the year of its inception. Been government subsidized ever since.

But there aren't any TSA screenings for travel by rail (even though there HAVE been successful attacks by terrorists - the home-grown variety - on our rail system. Blowing up the tracks and derailing a train). Wonder when the security measures to protect travel by rail will begin?

Probably after enough trains have been blown up to draw attention to the issue.

I think I'll just stay home this year. Cheaper not to travel and no stress.

No junk grabbing either.

What to do, what to do?
THESAULSTER

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Nov 22, 2010
lastoutlaw wrote:
Since Pelosi and Boxer tend to fly the plush military jets normally reserved for top brass; THEY will never have to go through Airport Security. Shame. Pelosi hasn't had a good climax since the Messiah signed Obamacare.
Nor will O'Bummer, Michelin or the two welfare trainees they've got tagging along.
Sure like the way that the government STILL won't profile known terrorist types; and they'll NEVER put them thru the scanners or pat them down - it would offend their religious beliefs.
What about the rest of us; what about OUR beliefs - religious or otherwise?
My blue-haired Grandma doesn't resemble the 19 hijackers, the shoe bomber or the underwear bomber; why is she being pulled aside while Abdul is waved through? My blue-haired Grandma doesn't resemble the 19 hijackers, the shoe bomber or the underwear bomber; but she's told she can't pray silently in her seat (counting rosary beads) while Abdul, Akhim, Mohammed, Omar and Saleem can roll out the rugs and bow to Mecca.
Why is that?
But it's nice to see Alcalde going thru, even if it IS political posturing and he generally flies charter - which, by the way, is exempt from the TSA boarding rules.
The Grinning Midget thinks that he'll attract some new chicas by showing his junk; but in reality - I guess we'll all see just how Tiny Tony REALLY is.
And those of you with colostomy or urine bags? TSA has the government backing them; so your pleas for a private pat-down will be ignored (like the person in Michigan this past weekend).
Might be best to skip the airlines and start taking Amtrak. This might let Amtrak turn a profit for the first time since 1971 - which was the year of its inception. Been government subsidized ever since.
But there aren't any TSA screenings for travel by rail (even though there HAVE been successful attacks by terrorists - the home-grown variety - on our rail system. Blowing up the tracks and derailing a train). Wonder when the security measures to protect travel by rail will begin?
Probably after enough trains have been blown up to draw attention to the issue.
I think I'll just stay home this year. Cheaper not to travel and no stress.
No junk grabbing either.
What to do, what to do?
Blohw me you filthy bible thumpin kckrackker!
Got it now

AOL

#12 Nov 22, 2010
Not even with gloves on will the TSA touch this midget w hore
Got it now

AOL

#13 Nov 22, 2010
Sorry bI meant s limy midget w hore
john

Cypress, CA

#14 Nov 22, 2010
Why not we ask those advocate that favor the scanner or like Obama, Clinton, etc. to go through it every time they travel and then see how they feel about it?
THESAULSTER

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Nov 22, 2010
another fail for villaretardo.

“Be the change you want to see!”

Since: Dec 08

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Nov 22, 2010
Ace wrote:
Mayor Villaraigosa doesn't need a body scan done. We can already see through him.
YOU WIN for the wittiest comment today, by far!! ROFLMAO!!!
jake

Corona, CA

#17 Nov 22, 2010
Shocker. Villaraigosa never met a camera he didn't like.
pancho

Azusa, CA

#18 Nov 22, 2010
Big deal call me when its his Girlfriend Lu Parkers turn!!
50cal

Hesperia, CA

#19 Nov 22, 2010
john wrote:
Why not we ask those advocate that favor the scanner or like Obama, Clinton, etc. to go through it every time they travel and then see how they feel about it?
---i think little bill would have a wet dream if one of those big black TSA guys grab his tool and as far as obama all he would say is thank you, there it is,he has no balls,he left them at home in Indonesia. the elite are above things like this.
50cal

Hesperia, CA

#20 Nov 22, 2010
Ace wrote:
That would make a grate bumper sticker.you would make a million.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scanners Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
getting viper p-25 into scanner (Jul '16) Jul '16 wendyfurr 1
News Bar codes get around town, get on Google, get m... (Jun '10) Nov '15 evanpan 2
News Photo Preview: New Alexandria Giant Grocery Sto... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Alexis 1
News For online security, rely less on passwords (Jun '15) Jun '15 MeganOBrien 1
News On This Day: First Universal Product Bar Code S... (Mar '15) Mar '15 bob 1
News The a oenumber of the beast,a hand scanners (to... (Jan '15) Jan '15 WTF 2
Handheld scanners (Jan '15) Jan '15 Jamestheduke21 1
More from around the web