High-flying high-tech airport debuts

High-flying high-tech airport debuts

There are 3 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Jun 22, 2010, titled High-flying high-tech airport debuts. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

A nearly completed billion-dollar-plus face-lift has transformed Mineta San Jose International Airport, infamously known for having a terminal that resembled a bus station, into one of the world's most tech-hip airports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

sarahsc

United States

#1 Jun 22, 2010
Thats all good and well, but the layout of the Southwest terminal is AWFUL. It is unnecessarily long and narrow and makes absolutely no sense from a design standpoint. Try squeezing yourself through there 10 miles down the terminal from the security checkpoint...good one.
Smartron

Vallejo, CA

#2 Jun 22, 2010
Airports are still big business. I was happy to live in the flight path for 20 years and just as happy to sell the place before this happened. The math is simple.$8 a person landing tax, about 100 people a plane and 1 plane a minute. Airports a big, complex things that will only grow. Pognip, the new Santa Cruz International Airport!
Kalifornia Uber Alles

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Jun 22, 2010
San Jose's airport is done! I remember them working on that thing back in the 80's!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robots Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buy a new NSX and you can put the badges on as ... Mar 12 Proud Hondroid 1
News Donatos founder invests in Ohio company's 3-D p... Mar 12 They cannot kill ... 5
News Robot Crop Pickers Limit Loss of U.S. Farm Work... Feb '17 Mikey 2
News The wild, weird, and powerful PC hardware of CE... Jan '17 Enzo49 3
News Automation: Trump Deportation Threat Inspires C... Jan '17 spytheweb 9
News Japan's sex problem is so bad that people are q... Dec '16 Dr Modi 1
News EVs Carry Big Impact, Big Risks | EE Times Oct '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web