High-flying high-tech airport debuts

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

A nearly completed billion-dollar-plus face-lift has transformed Mineta San Jose International Airport, infamously known for having a terminal that resembled a bus station, into one of the world's most tech-hip airports.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
sarahsc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Thats all good and well, but the layout of the Southwest terminal is AWFUL. It is unnecessarily long and narrow and makes absolutely no sense from a design standpoint. Try squeezing yourself through there 10 miles down the terminal from the security checkpoint...good one.
Smartron

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Airports are still big business. I was happy to live in the flight path for 20 years and just as happy to sell the place before this happened. The math is simple.$8 a person landing tax, about 100 people a plane and 1 plane a minute. Airports a big, complex things that will only grow. Pognip, the new Santa Cruz International Airport!
Kalifornia Uber Alles

Moyock, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

San Jose's airport is done! I remember them working on that thing back in the 80's!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••