How does time travel really work?

How does time travel really work?

There are 65 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 8, 2009, titled How does time travel really work?. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Has pop culture been lying to us about time travel? When did it get so convoluted? We would avoid it we could, but this summer, time travel is everywhere, and it's more complicated than ever.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Tingle

Elk Grove Village, IL

#1 Jun 8, 2009
What a stupid article
hahahaha

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 8, 2009
tingle is an ignorant fool
Sam

Kokomo, IN

#3 Jun 9, 2009
Is this a serious article about time travel or are you just advertising all the movies?Everything is possible in this universe as long as you have the means to acomplish things.The way technology is advancing in about 500 to 3000 or whatever amount of years needed it will happen.And since it will happen it already happened.The same way a river flows thats the same way time flows.Just because you are at one point of the river it doesn't mean thats the only point the river has.
ps. Writing shallow articles like this will not take this newspaper anywhere.Com mon lets get a little serious here!
Bos

Round Lake, IL

#4 Jun 9, 2009
Sam wrote:
Everything is possible in this universe as long as you have the means to acomplish things.
Wow - you should have t-shirts printed up with this one them.

Has to be the most ignorant statement I've seen online this year...
Bos

Round Lake, IL

#5 Jun 9, 2009
Sam wrote:
The way technology is advancing in about 500 to 3000 or whatever amount of years needed it will happen.
No wait, it's this one.
Bos

Round Lake, IL

#6 Jun 9, 2009
Sam wrote:
And since it will happen it already happened.
Wait...
Bos

Round Lake, IL

#7 Jun 9, 2009
Sam wrote:
Just because you are at one point of the river it doesn't mean thats the only point the river has.
Oh, I can't choose.The whole paragraph is so deeply idiotic.

Thanks for the entertainment, though...
Franks and Beans

Plainfield, IL

#8 Jun 9, 2009
I use to be a professor of relativity, now I'm a plumber.
Joe

Cicero, IL

#9 Jun 9, 2009
Didn't I already read this article next month?
Amused

Downers Grove, IL

#10 Jun 9, 2009
Poorly written article. I guess the lesser reporters get to write entertainment articles instead of real news. Of course no one expects an in depth explanation of time travel in the entertainment section, but the analysis provided is really early-grammar-school. CPS student? Besides, any article on time travel must include H.G. Wells "The Time Machine." This article did not.
martintxo

Madrid, Spain

#11 Jun 9, 2009
Did you really need a theoretical physicist to answer these questions?
John Whorfiin

Schaumburg, IL

#12 Jun 9, 2009
First, you need an overthruster.
John Whorfiin

Schaumburg, IL

#13 Jun 9, 2009
History is-a made at night. Character is what you are in the dark.
Chris

Midlothian, IL

#14 Jun 9, 2009
It wouldn't work because time is not a force, it is something humans created to indicate & chart the length of an activity. You can defy other forces, a la gravity, but can't do it with time.
Jerky

Naperville, IL

#15 Jun 9, 2009
John Whorfiin wrote:
First, you need an overthruster.
No, you need a flux capacitor.
Henrik

Chicago, IL

#16 Jun 9, 2009
considering hwo short it is - it gets a few ideas out pretty well - but really, trib, come on, longer stories of substance - DO NOT WASTE MY TIME

Since: Jun 09

United States

#17 Jun 9, 2009
everyone should watch the movie Primer. Probably most "realistic" time-travel movie. and it was actually written and directed by an engineer.
Mike

Dripping Springs, TX

#18 Jun 9, 2009
I wish I could go back in time to get back the few minutes I lost reading this article. What a waste of time.
Kurt

Batavia, IL

#19 Jun 9, 2009
Evidently one HELL of a slow news day.
djb

Saint Charles, IL

#20 Jun 9, 2009
Gotta admit, I never even thought about the scenario in which the Delorean would not work. Going by that theory, none of us would ever be able to go back in time to years prior to our birth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robots Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Japan's sex problem is so bad that people are q... Wed Dr Modi 1
News EVs Carry Big Impact, Big Risks | EE Times Oct '16 Solarman 1
News DC to get robo deliveries Sep '16 Joanne 1
News Virtual reality in spotlight at Tokyo Game Show Sep '16 vrsvpro 8
News Donations boost TPSD libraries Sep '16 The local bankers 2
News LG makes an 'aggressive' investment in robots Sep '16 mar 1
News The 'Poopening': Roomba Spreads Feces All Over ... Aug '16 Knock off purse s... 28
More from around the web