Google is testing robot cars that navigate interstates and city str...

Google Inc. is road-testing cars that steer, stop and start without a human driver, the company says. Full Story
deh

Canton, OH

#1 Oct 11, 2010
now this will give spoiled dumb americans more incentive to text driink there starsmucks coffee and plow down a few whopppers while driving down the highway
Andrew

Memphis, TN

#2 Oct 11, 2010
I wouldn't mind that actually might help people who can't drive or have had their license revoked etc.

“Everybody Dies...”

Since: Jan 10

...But not Everybody Lives.

#3 Oct 11, 2010
deh wrote:
now this will give spoiled dumb americans more incentive to text driink there starsmucks coffee and plow down a few whopppers while driving down the highway
I agree. Personally I don't mind operating a car. This may turn out to be the most revolutionary device since the remote control!!! We'll all be one step closer to being Java the Huts!!!

Yaay.
Idiots r everywhere

Pike Road, AL

#4 Oct 11, 2010
I have seen women driving down the road applying mascara, taking curlers out of their hair and talking on their cell phones. These cars are just what they need- or they could crawl out of the bed 30 minutes earlier... Which ever is easier. :)

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#5 Oct 11, 2010
yeah this sounds great until Microsoft buys it and puts windows in......
evette

Memphis, TN

#6 Oct 11, 2010
Call me old-fashioned, country girl, afraid...but some of this "new" technology is going to bite us in the behind. So if there is an accident is it the "robot's " fault or the car owner who wasn't driving?
I personally would be a little freaked out if I looked in my rearview and saw a car coming up behind me, but the owner was in the passeger seat sleep..or drunk!
MsNewNew

Memphis, TN

#7 Oct 11, 2010
Idiots r everywhere wrote:
I have seen women driving down the road applying mascara, taking curlers out of their hair and talking on their cell phones. These cars are just what they need- or they could crawl out of the bed 30 minutes earlier... Which ever is easier.:)
LOL, you are so right. Some women are daredevils when it comes to driving. I consider myself a safe and good driver. So when I see someone driving all crazy I automatic know itís a woman. Can you image what we could do hands free. Well this is the age of technology.
MsNewNew

Memphis, TN

#8 Oct 11, 2010
evette wrote:
Call me old-fashioned, country girl, afraid...but some of this "new" technology is going to bite us in the behind. So if there is an accident is it the "robot's " fault or the car owner who wasn't driving?
I personally would be a little freaked out if I looked in my rearview and saw a car coming up behind me, but the owner was in the passeger seat sleep..or drunk!
Have to be prepared for the future. I tell my Mom all the time if you do not know anything about computers/technology you will be in trouble. I am a geek; I love technology and always willing to learn more.
Pink Taco

Elgin, TX

#9 Oct 11, 2010
Sounds great! Does that mean I can drink a bottle of Jim beam and ride cause I wouldn't be driving. I don't want someone in control of my car cause we all know who will end up taking complete control ...... Our govnerment.
ZunarXJ9

United States

#10 Oct 11, 2010
Grandma got run over by a.....robotic caaarrr....

“Everybody Dies...”

#11 Oct 11, 2010
Pink Taco wrote:
Sounds great! Does that mean I can drink a bottle of Jim beam and ride cause I wouldn't be driving. I don't want someone in control of my car cause we all know who will end up taking complete control ...... Our govnerment.
Mhmm.

“Everybody Dies...”

#12 Oct 11, 2010
I'm still getting over the fact that manual tranny's are becoming dinosaurs. I better not buy a $300,000 sports car that's auto drive!!!
Mike in memphis

Memphis, TN

#13 Oct 11, 2010
Don't care for anything that thinks without my input thats why I don't ride horses--sorry horse lovers,probably trust a horse more than a car with a brain.Its man made and will mess up.Why do they have recalls?---Just my opinion...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robots Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Japan has bet its revival on humanoid robots 15 hr Switches 19
CES 2015 Robotics Marketplace will present Next... Dec 16 Kid_Tomorrow 1
NASA's dexterous Surrogate robot is designed fo... Dec 12 Kid_Tomorrow 1
New research will help robots know their limits Dec 10 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Why Robots Won't Take Over the World Anytime Soon Dec 9 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Mechanical Insects Evolve The Ability To Fly Th... Dec 7 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Amazon's new robot army is ready to ship Dec 1 stereotype 1
More from around the web