Crowd grows at Green Day in downtown ...

Crowd grows at Green Day in downtown Chambersburg

There are 13 comments on the Public Opinion story from May 1, 2011, titled Crowd grows at Green Day in downtown Chambersburg. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Recycling and being kind to the environment were the main themes of an event conducted Saturday behind Chambersburg's Capitol Theatre.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

hunter

Chambersburg, PA

#2 May 1, 2011
Collect dry cell batteries for recycling..
Ummm

New Bloomfield, PA

#3 May 1, 2011
Why is this only one day a year? Maybe people had plans outta town now they are stuck with things to recycle, just saying.
punxyphil81

Mercersburg, PA

#4 May 1, 2011
Our parents and grandparents have been finding ways to re-use things long before most us were born,so nothing new there. The problem is that too many products don't last long enough to re-use. The solution is to convert our waste back into energy and make more things in America and have China buy our goods. But, the high cost of organized labor nixes that idea.
annie

Chambersburg, PA

#5 May 1, 2011
China IS buying our junk. We are dumping our broken electronics over there and the streets are strewn with broken computers. That country is turning into an enviromental wasteland.
As far as the green day event, I didn't hear anything about it until I read this article. Where do we dispose of dry cell batteries, non-charging rechargeable batteries and non-working smoke alarms?
awwwww

Muncy, PA

#6 May 1, 2011
Green day is such a cool band

“Don't tread on me!”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#7 May 1, 2011
annie wrote:
China IS buying our junk. We are dumping our broken electronics over there and the streets are strewn with broken computers. That country is turning into an enviromental wasteland.
As far as the green day event, I didn't hear anything about it until I read this article. Where do we dispose of dry cell batteries, non-charging rechargeable batteries and non-working smoke alarms?
Put them in your trash can and then IESI or Parks can pick them up with the rest of the garbage. That's what I do.
numbers

Chambersburg, PA

#8 May 1, 2011
punxyphil81 wrote:
Our parents and grandparents have been finding ways to re-use things long before most us were born,so nothing new there. The problem is that too many products don't last long enough to re-use. The solution is to convert our waste back into energy and make more things in America and have China buy our goods. But, the high cost of organized labor nixes that idea.
... but the high cost of Chinese communism doesn't?
Ummm

New Bloomfield, PA

#9 May 1, 2011
Maybe we should've has Green Day play instead of this Bentley fella. At least most of us have heard of Green Day.
Ummm

New Bloomfield, PA

#11 May 1, 2011
uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>
These events are great, but once a year is just a token effort. Sort of a "makes me feel better" event.
Then use the landfill the other 364...
Exactly! Isn't earthday everyday? I make a trip to orchard rd (not drive) to recycle my plastics since the boro doesn't at least have a drop off. Thanks boro of chambersburg. I decided that since petro prices are up and plastics are made from petro, maybe I can make my small effort.
Jerry is back

Greencastle, PA

#12 May 1, 2011
jtb_hypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>
Put them in your trash can and then IESI or Parks can pick them up with the rest of the garbage. That's what I do.
Ahh, I see the "so called christian" is such good steward of the earth his god made in 6 days...NOT! What the heck, huh? He can make another one in another 6 days.

Jerry, is your website current? I'd like to see your show again. LOL
OhReally

New York, NY

#13 May 1, 2011
Wake me up when September ends.
Uhhh

Wilmington, DE

#14 May 1, 2011
Wow! I thought this was something else, still awesome though!
http://cburgfilm.blogspot.com/
Dave

Newville, PA

#15 May 1, 2011
jtb_hypocrite wrote:
<quoted text>
Because God gave us this planet so we could trash it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Printers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tax deductions: From sex toys to dogs - the wei... Jul '16 wichita-rick 8
News Purple squirrel baffles experts (Dec '08) Mar '16 Suezanne 36
News The latest in gadgets: Making apps and robots t... (Jan '16) Feb '16 Local 4
News Gene Determines Rapidity Of Ejaculation In Men (Oct '08) Jan '16 Buns1620 14
News The first 3D-printed device to operate on veins (Dec '15) Dec '15 PolakPotrafi 1
free epson printer service manual (Jun '11) Oct '15 lizette0613 18
News Digital flyer service coming (Nov '11) Aug '15 Adams bake 2
More from around the web