Struggling to stay on the dial | The ...

Struggling to stay on the dial | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 1 comment on the Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 3, 2009, titled Struggling to stay on the dial | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

In the studio at WCKX : from left, the Power Morning Crew of Konata, Misty Jordan and Paul Strong, and general manager Jeff Wilson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

BLW

Mount Gilead, OH

#1 Mar 19, 2010
The telecommunications act of 1996 was the last nail in the coffin of responsive community radio. Radio with real DJs playing what they and the local customers want to hear, and not some syndicated guy in Florida playing what the rating say he should.

I can remember a time a while back where there was a tornado warning for Franklin county. There we were, in our basement at two in the morning, tuning to our local news and weather station for updates on the potential disaster, only to hear syndicated Art Bell talking about aliens in new Mexico. That cinched it for me, that all this ear candy about WTVN being my news and weather authority was nothing more than that.
Bunk.
Long Live Free Style Local Radio!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Music Players Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arius Solar Powered Wireless Outdoor Speaker - ... (Sep '08) Dec '15 Also Kay 48
News Sony CEO eyes options as pressure mounts on wea... (Jan '15) Jan '15 muhammadzaiki 1
News Recycle your Apple phone for money (Sep '14) Oct '14 ClintonStewart 3
News IPod to Computer Transfer - Transfer Songs from... (Dec '09) Sep '14 Anonymous 8
News Apple's smartwatch: Timely idea or clocked out? (Sep '14) Sep '14 hsfqgtdhdgdddhtdr 1
News Apple on verge of buying Beats (May '14) May '14 commentard 1
How to Recover Lost & Deleted Files from MP3/MP... (Dec '13) Dec '13 dorisou 1
More from around the web