Ipod got wet and wont turn on
i need my ipod

Pell City, AL

#21 Jul 15, 2009
this is getting annoying wrote:
mine works perfectly it just took a couple of weeks im really happy but its just to show how technology dependent i am
What do u think u did that made it work?!?!! Did u just leave it alone?!?!!?
I really need to know cause i turned it on right after mine got soaked!
this is getting annoying

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Jul 15, 2009
i need my ipod wrote:
<quoted text>
What do u think u did that made it work?!?!! Did u just leave it alone?!?!!?
I really need to know cause i turned it on right after mine got soaked!
no i didnt leave it alone me and my mom kept messing with it i left it alone for like two days and then the music started playing but the touch screen wasnt working so i kept it on shuffle and never turned it off and slowly but surley it started working and here i am now lol just be patient it'll will work it just takes time. oh and put it in a bowl or plastic baggy of rice that helped during those two days
arghhh

Manchester, UK

#23 Aug 23, 2009
my mate fell on my bag which had a can in and it popped. now my ipod wont turn on at alll snd i seriously need to fix it before my parents murder me!9
Marcus

Ridgely, MD

#24 Aug 26, 2009
Ok. I got my ipod wet, just a little, and it stopped working a couple days ago. I got the dreaded "red x" when I turned it on. My computer wouldnt recognize it. I couldnt get it into "disk mode" (hold menu and play at apple screen, this is what apple support recommends when u get the red x). So my ipod was completely bricked. Tryed everything. Well. I left it alone for a few days and decided to give it a random chance today. And it came on!!!! put it into disk mode, reloaded all my music, and it appears to be working fine now! If you get it wet, your best bet is to let it dry out, dont mess with it for a couple of days, and then give it a try. Best of luck to all of you.
Paul

Australia

#25 Sep 17, 2009
Hey! I had the wet IPOD problem: would not turn on and freaked my PC out. I pressed the middle button and menu for about 15 seconds and it has turned on.
It still behaves oddly, but it feels like a bit of progress..

P
Shannon

Birmingham, AL

#26 Dec 31, 2009
My Ipod fell in a puddle when I tripped going to a store. Now it keeps displaying the Itunes symbol with a USB cord. So I restored it over 15 times and it still won't restore my ipod correctly. I've given up; any solutions?
hehehe 3lmo

Moreno Valley, CA

#27 Jan 20, 2010
man my brothers ipod got wet at da beach nd he doesnt know about it wat can ido to fix it but its been like a year after that happend so wat can i do.?
jeff

Clayton, NY

#28 Jan 26, 2010
my went throw the wash and got a hole riped in it i charges but atfer i take it off the charger it dies. should i just get a new one or is it covered in the Warranty
this is getting annoying

United States

#29 Jan 26, 2010
jeff wrote:
my went throw the wash and got a hole riped in it i charges but atfer i take it off the charger it dies. should i just get a new one or is it covered in the Warranty
Just get a new one any water damage is not covered with the warranty
cwick

Santa Monica, CA

#30 Mar 10, 2010
mine got wet too...sat in an inch of PEPSI, for lke 20 min...now it does NOTHING!!!!!
Donell

Australia

#31 Apr 4, 2010
my ipod wont work because some stupid person tipped watermelon juice in my bag >:( And Now It Doesnt Work !!!!!!!
Can Some One Help ?
ii Cant Live Without It lol
Wallay

Fairfield, CA

#32 Apr 5, 2010
If anybody wants to get on a LEGIT website where you can get easy points for cool prizes like ipods and ps3's hit me up , its way better and simpler than prizerebel and the best part...no surveys!!!!!Its invite only so let me know.

just email me at [email protected] and i'll send you an invite as quick as I can, thanks!
ndz

Madison, AL

#33 Apr 11, 2010
help its not working
damn rain

Houston, TX

#34 May 28, 2010
my ipod got wet with the lock on in the rain, is it possible to get fix?
estephanie

Hollywood, FL

#35 Jun 1, 2010
damn washin machines wrote:
mine got washed in a washing machine and now it wont turn on i tryed restarting but nothin happend
same here but what can i do it wont turn on any more i dont know where to repair it
leria

Lima, Peru

#36 Jun 9, 2010
mines fell in the toilet -_- and its been in a bag of rice like for a day and some hours and i tryed turning it on but nothing its off completley :( what do i do ?
leria

Lima, Peru

#37 Jun 9, 2010
i heard that makes it worse because it pushes the water or w.e more inside ? idk :(
I HATE MILK NOW

Toronto, Canada

#38 Jun 16, 2010
I spilt milk on my ipod touch 3g then after an hour or so Same thing happend to me. i was told to keep it on a heat source then let it dry for like a week. But what sux is i kept mine on for like 10 minutes after it got wet which couldve killed my motherboard= CERTAIN DEATH but if my motherboard is fried ill send it to "Irepair" search it up and see from then on. Irepair fixes wet ipod for $50 or if it cant be fixed $20 fee or give them the broken ipod. Ill comment giving the info on what happens next 0.o. Btw im not trying to promote irepair im just telling what im going to do about my ipod.

LAST RESORT:Buy A new one...
STUPID TOILET

Las Vegas, NV

#39 Jun 18, 2010
wow...i just dropped mine on the freaking toilet -_________ i hate myself.....
AGH!!!! i probably should've researched first and NOT turned on the iPod after it fell....now i might not have any hope of getting it fixed!!!
iPod Touch i miss you already...!!!!!
D':
diva

Waverley, MA

#40 Jun 25, 2010
no they wont exchange it for you because you broke it, I went there a months ago and thats what they told me.But if it broke by itself then they'll give you the newest ipod out!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

iPod Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Convert RMVB to MP4 on Windows 10 Aug 25 Henry Lucky 3
IPOD Red X fix (Apr '09) Aug 25 Mareed 704
Best Mac MTS Converter Review - 2016 (Dec '15) Aug 24 lauralily520 8
How to Delete Music/Songs from iPad Mini (iOS 7... (Oct '13) Aug 23 fina loren 7
Best Video Repair - Stellar Phoenix Video Repair Aug 20 DJEmily 1
Top 5 Best DVD Ripper Reviews Aug 10 Josh 2
OnePlus 3 Spy Software - Free download OnePlus ... Aug 5 blustian 1
More from around the web