Can't put songs on ipod!!! :(

Posted in the iPod Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Alex Reeve

Greenford, UK

#1 Dec 26, 2006
hi, i have just got a 30gb ipod but cannot get songs onto it, and its becoming very frustrating. i have the latest version of itunes, but when i connect my ipod it says that some files cannot be copied as they "cannot be found" and others because they cannot be played on this ipod (??). i have about 3000 songs in my itunes library and it has copied only 4 of them. it says it is updating the ipod but then my ipod will shut down and then connect again, and it never achieves anything. i tried to restore the settings but it wont even let me do that! "The ipod alexs ipod cannot be updated. the required folder cannot be found" keeps showing up, and my ipod keeps shutting down and the apple symbol appears before turning on again and telling me not to disconnect. i really want some music on there, any help would be appreciated! thank you!
remnantofGod

Eugene, OR

#2 Dec 26, 2006
first off ipods suck really bad, your just got brainwashed by the media into thinking that there the best and thats what you should buy
maybe next time you should think for yourself

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Candita

Maspeth, NY

#3 Jul 5, 2007
i cant get any songs on my ipod.Its a nano and it DOSNT SUCK thank you very much!!!!!!!! Someone please help me.@#;;",?/
Candita

Maspeth, NY

#4 Jul 5, 2007
hi
davidN

Cali, Colombia

#5 Jul 18, 2007
I'm having the same problem with an iphone
david

Liverpool, NY

#6 Jul 20, 2007
i need to know how to put songs on my ipod i just got it but they didnt send directions i dont know if i need to install itunes first or not

“S Florida & Gainesboro, TN”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#7 Jul 20, 2007
Alex Reeve wrote:
hi, i have just got a 30gb ipod but cannot get songs onto it, and its becoming very frustrating. i have the latest version of itunes, but when i connect my ipod it says that some files cannot be copied as they "cannot be found" and others because they cannot be played on this ipod (??). i have about 3000 songs in my itunes library and it has copied only 4 of them. it says it is updating the ipod but then my ipod will shut down and then connect again, and it never achieves anything. i tried to restore the settings but it wont even let me do that! "The ipod alexs ipod cannot be updated. the required folder cannot be found" keeps showing up, and my ipod keeps shutting down and the apple symbol appears before turning on again and telling me not to disconnect. i really want some music on there, any help would be appreciated! thank you!
Sounds exactly like my wifes, but it downloads mine no problem...weird
William U suck

Walnut Creek, CA

#9 Jul 28, 2007
yea first instal i tunes then read the on screen instructions duh kudos to who ever thinks ipods suck

YEA eat this
littlemiss lost

Prague, Czech Republic

#10 Jul 30, 2007
i need help with my ipod too i just forgot how to export songs from my playlist to the ipod
NEPAL_YOGI
#11 Jul 31, 2007
http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_put_mus...
this link seems helpful. get onto it.
CRYSTAL

Apo, AP

#12 Jul 31, 2007
I NEED HELP I PLUG MY 30GB IPOD NANO INTO MY COMPUTER AND ITUNES WILL NOT POP UP I WOULD LIKE TO ADD SOME MORE SONGS TO MY IPOD
Mike D

Switzerland

#13 Aug 3, 2007
Hi dudes,

Generally, when you can't add songs to your iPod, it can have two causes:
- You did set it to Manual update, which causes your iTunes songs not to be automatically added to your iPod. To change this setting, click on your iPod in iTunes and uncheck "Manually manage music and video".
- The 2nd cause can be the fact that songs purchased from the iTunes music store can only be authorized on 5 devices (iPod, computer, etc). Therefore you maybe need to autorize your iPod for those songs (iTunes->Advanced->Autho rize).

By the way, a pretty cool (and much lighter) alternative to iTunes is CopyTrans Manager http://www.copytrans.net/manager.php
It's a basic way to put songs on your iPod.
DANY

Hampton Bays, NY

#14 Aug 8, 2007
MINE HAS A LOCK THING AT THE BOTTOM AND I CANT PUT NUTTIN IN IT HELP IF U CAN HELP ME MESAGE ME AT MYSPACCE AT MYSPACE.COM/DRDADDY4U
Mike D

Switzerland

#15 Aug 9, 2007
Where is this lock thing displayed?
DANY

Hampton Bays, NY

#16 Aug 14, 2007
AT THE BOTTOM
DANY

Hampton Bays, NY

#17 Aug 14, 2007
CAN U HELP ME MESSAGE ME
IpodNanoLover

United States

#18 Aug 28, 2007
remnantofGod wrote:
first off ipods suck really bad, your just got brainwashed by the media into thinking that there the best and thats what you should buy
maybe next time you should think for yourself
Who are u 2 say ipods suck U SUCK !!!!
U probably sayin that cause u probably cant afford one !!!
albert karapetyan

Glendale, CA

#20 Sep 13, 2007
hi i need help puting songs in my ipod can some one help me
Littlepagan

Canberra, Australia

#21 Sep 18, 2007
ipods do suck, all u geeks that love ipods, go play runescapes u nerds,

any way, my ipod says the same thing, that a certain disc can not bee found so help,
Ciara

Columbia, MO

#22 Sep 20, 2007
idk if they suck cuz mines do right NOW i cannot put songs on it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

iPod Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
iOS 9 Update Problems on iPhone iPad and Soluti... 19 hr penny 1
El Capitan OS X 10.11 Advantages and Disadvantages 19 hr penny 1
Restore data to a new iPhone from other iPhone ... 20 hr July 3
ipod won't stop displaying 'do not disconnect' (Jun '06) Jul 4 itsAmusicLoVer 298
Edit Sony A77 Mark II 1080/60p Video in FCP X/7/6 Jun 30 blustina 1
Best Movies of 2015-Top Movies for U to Watch o... Jun 30 penny 1
List of Best Hollywood Movies 2015 Jun 30 penny 1
More from around the web