The faulty door on our Kia Sedona

Oct 29, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Nathanpitman.com

The electric sliding door on our brand new Kia Sedona leaves something to be desired. via Nathanpitman.com

Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Mar 11, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ian

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2007

Judged:

We just got our Kia Sedona and we took the vehicle to the dealer because the sliding doors would close and then reopen themselves. It would not fully reopen, but instead open back up about four inches (it is really annoying and at times we are unaware of the problem until after we come back from the store). We took it to Kia and they did an adjustment on the doors, but the problem occured the next two times I got the vehicle fixed.
Harvey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Judged:

I have a 2007 Sedona and have the same problem. There is no pattern to when it happens, and of course, it never happens when I take it to the dealership. Did you ever get the problem resolved?
Richard

Abell, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Judged:

Sounds exactally like the problem my friend is having with his Sedona, down to the letter. Except Kia replaced the door latches and called it good to go. But it still happens, constantly except when at dealers. Had to actually carry around a video camera for a week to record it really happening.
carol chase

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2008

same problem here, the dealer giving up excuses on refunding us, noone wants to take blame, but they know its a problem, have a lwyer on it but going broke with being unable to refinance and they have my minivan still for at minimum 8 months now
Patty Anderson

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2008

If any of you would be interested in pursuing a Lemon Law claim, I would be happy to help. I practice in Virgnia but can direct you to an attorney near you in any state. If you email me at the address below, please state that you saw this comment.

panderson@theconsumerlawgroup. com

Since: Jul 08

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Patty Anderson wrote:
If any of you would be interested in pursuing a Lemon Law claim, I would be happy to help. I practice in Virgnia but can direct you to an attorney near you in any state. If you email me at the address below, please state that you saw this comment.
panderson@theconsumerlawgroup. com
Working for referral fees are we?
outnumbered

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2008

Our 2006 Kia Sedona was declared a lemon due to this power door failure. You would think Kia would work to find a fix rather than expend so much energy giving their customers such a hard time.
fed up

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

My '07 Kia Sedona is a lemon. They've replaced computers, latches, and even readjusted the doors! Of course, the problems don't repeat themselves in front of the right people. I want my money back!
Curtis Forbes

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

I have a 2006 Sedona with the same problem. It doesn't just happen on an incline, it just happens. I had the problem in the winter when it was minus 30 and thought the problem was related to the cold. I had the same problem last week when it was very warm out. I bought mine here in Canada and have had this problem intermittently and also cannot replicate the problem for the dealership.
notahonda

Belleville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

2007 ex sedona, problem with opening power side doors in cold weather mostly related to freezing in gasket area of doors. only OEM steel winter rims? wow maybe I should have bought a honda
Nathan Pitman

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Well, since this post we've continued to have problems with our Kia Sedona. 15 months in and we still have a car that is not right. The car broke down on new years day because of a rusted bracket (in a 15month old car?) so I'm now orchestrating a campaign to deny Kia 1,000,000 worth of business by asking people to join this Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php...

...and also by doing everything I can to get my blog post about the issues we are having onto the first page of results on Google for a search on 'Kia Sedona'.

http://nathanpitman.com/journal/563/kia-sedon...

Join me in my quest!
Jordyg

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

Hi, I have the same problem with the doors freezing in cold weather. I have gone to the dealership multiple times but of course by the time i get their, the doors are no longer frozen. What part should I tell them to replace? Is it the door gaskets?
notahonda wrote:
2007 ex sedona, problem with opening power side doors in cold weather mostly related to freezing in gasket area of doors. only OEM steel winter rims? wow maybe I should have bought a honda
Dan

Rocky River, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

have a kia sephia and it appears the latch on the door freezes i have to take a burnsamatic torch to thaw..... i need the best thing to spray on these. anybody got some ideas?
rick

Timmins, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2009

we have had our kia sedona for 18 months. it has been in the shop a dozen times because of the sliding doors freezing shut. this happened both winters. they have lubricated the doors with silicone, olive oil, olive oil and antifreeze and they have changed the rubber. they fianlly end up fixing it but only after several trips to the dealer and having one or both doors frozen for weeks at a time. i have applied to CAMVAP for restitution. anyone else have the same problem? has anyone else gone through camvap? thanks
jbschueler

Dublin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2009

We've had problems with the sliding doors on our 2006 Sedona. The problem is that the bolts for the door latch guides work themselves loose and fall out. Once one of the two bolts is gone, the guides will mis-align and the door won't close properly. It's a nuisance. If you have trouble with the doors take a look at each of the rubber latch guides and see if any bolts are missing.
RHC

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

I scratch off the Sedona of my possible buy list.
Mike

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2009

I also have a 2006 KIA Sedona where the auotmatic doors keep opening. It happens at different times and there is no way to keep them shut until it decides to latch electronically. I have had to strap the door shut from the inside, just to be able to drive it. I've had it to the dealer and they say there are no issues.
Phil

Medicine Hat, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

There is a recall for the power sliding door modules to stop the door opening by themselves. We have replaced these several times and none of the customers have returned with the same complaint. Find a decent dealer!
jeff goldberg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

hi to all i have a 2006 kia sedona i have had more problems then you can shake a stick at where do i start at 676 miles i had to replace the battery casuse it was the wrong size for my van then i have had mutiple problems with my power door where they wont close or when they do close it trips the door alarm my van was at one two dealers then when i contacted kia motors they had a fix well that fix failed they replace power door modules twice then i took it to a another dealer they fix the problem my door flew open while i was driving
i have had many under carriage parts replaced like sway bar links sub frame bushings a fly wheel now my van is at the dealer again for ground problems i live in chicago kia motors refused to buy my van back when my van was under lemon law so instead they setteld with me in check they based it on if i had a car payment i told them i own my van kia motors is very unhelpful in any situation they dont care about you the consumer they only want you money i have spoken to many pepole at kia like i said very unhelpful the only person helpful is my service writer at my dealer i would like some feed back from other kia owners and thier problem thank you jeff
John

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

We had the same problem on the doors but only in the Winter. I quit washing the van in -30 + and the problem went away. Now I have a heated garage and no problems. As far as nice weather issues, wish I had some suggestions. Seen someone else touched on rims, I too am disappointed that we can probably only get winter rims at this time, by buying another set of alloy (17"). I already had 17" winter tires. We really love this van, but are very disappointed in KIA's ability to support their product

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••