Long, winding road hits a dead end at...

Long, winding road hits a dead end at last for VHS

There are 89 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 27, 2008, titled Long, winding road hits a dead end at last for VHS. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Pop culture is hitting the eject button on the VHS tape, the once ubiquitous home video format that will finish this month as a creaky ghost of Christmas past.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Non smoking freedom loving vet”

Since: Apr 08

Chicago

#83 Jan 17, 2009
Finally, the money behind all these bans is drying up.
www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/...
FACTORAMA MAN

United States

#84 Jan 20, 2009
rosco wrote:
<quoted text> Come on Amerika, crumble and fall. Let the rest of the world feast on your scraps. Amerika, if you need more money how about renaming all your landmarks for cash. Rename the Grand canyon, the Nitendo pit perhaps? Empire state building, the Tokyo tower? See there's a way to make money. Just cheapen thy self like a wh0re.
No problem little foreign troll boy. You want to insult this country?
You and your scum of the earth brethren want to feast off our scraps? I'm certain it would be a blessing compared to what you bass ackward incestuous inbred derelicts get after your corrupt government "officials" and their inbred family get done build their 70 room mansions with gold toilets and dine like kings while you backward peasants spend your life serving every whim of your oppressor leaders for fear of a beheading. Yeah we're the dumb ones living in houses instead of hoveling in back alleys and caves because your people are too inbred and retarded to befriend your neighbors long enough to rise up and throw off the shackles and run your own country. Yep I'd rather live like you and your kind. LMFAO Why don't you go back home if you hate it here so much? We'd all be glad to see you leave.
FACTORAMA MAN

United States

#85 Jan 20, 2009
generalsn1234567 wrote:
Finally, the money behind all these bans is drying up.
www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/...
What ban? The report had nothing to do with any bans. Want to explain your statement?

“Non smoking freedom loving vet”

Since: Apr 08

Chicago

#86 Jan 22, 2009
FACTORAMA MAN wrote:
<quoted text>What ban? The report had nothing to do with any bans. Want to explain your statement?
Oops, wrong thread.
FACTORAMA MAN

United States

#87 Jan 24, 2009
generalsn1234567 wrote:
<quoted text> Oops, wrong thread.
My apologies for being rash.
rosco

Woodstock, IL

#88 Jan 25, 2009
Bring back the 8 track!

“things that make you go "hmmmm”

Since: May 08

Homewood, IL

#89 Jan 25, 2009
rosco wrote:
Bring back the 8 track!
Yeah, I need some new music to play in my 1968 GTO. Just how much Deep Purple and Spirit and Bad Company can I be expected to take?
rosco

Plainfield, IL

#90 Jan 25, 2009
da spellin homegirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I need some new music to play in my 1968 GTO. Just how much Deep Purple and Spirit and Bad Company can I be expected to take?
Still have soon UFO and Robin Trower on 8-track, but no player.

“things that make you go "hmmmm”

Since: May 08

Homewood, IL

#91 Jan 26, 2009
rosco wrote:
<quoted text> Still have soon UFO and Robin Trower on 8-track, but no player.
I still remember how they butchered an Aerosmith 8 track by being unable to keep a song together ("Seasons of Whither?" To this day, when I hear that song, I hear "click." Even when it's not there. Gah. Oh, and thanks for reminding me, I do have Robin Trower and UFO. Could use some more Zeppelin and some Pink Floyd though. I think I ran all the music off "Dark Side of the Moon."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Audio and Video Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Home Theater in a Historic Home Masks Noise fro... Mar '17 Shuttle 1
How to Rip 3D Blu-ray for Viewing in Gear VR Feb '17 CaitlinAaron 1
How do i Best Editing T7i H.264 MP4 in DaVinci ... Feb '17 CaitlinAaron 1
News Elevate your home theater experience with one o... (Jun '15) Jun '15 jaxwillis23 1
News Paradigm classes up its Prestige line with two ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Alexis 1
News Getflix offers the best of both worlds (Apr '15) Apr '15 gavincredible 1
News HARMAN's JBL Professional Debuts SRX800 Series ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Djjestjamm 1
More from around the web