A few Bright House customers with CableCards miss out on HD cha...

When Bright House Networks added five high-definition channels to its lineup recently, a handful of subscribers in Central Florida did not receive the new channels and also lost several channels that were ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Leno

United States

#22 Feb 9, 2008
It took five times to get a cable card to work for me. Then after it was in it would drop out and they told me sorry, but if I rented a STB for more money it would work.
maxfield

Oviedo, FL

#23 Feb 9, 2008
Nothing like one person monopolizing the blog.
HDTV Viewer

Saint Petersburg, FL

#24 Feb 11, 2008
Someone (ehorowitz?) should follow up and take this to the FCC as it clearly violates the reason the FCC mandated MSOs have cablecards available nearly 3 years ago.

If Brighthouse was using SDV, then there would be an argument for not giving subscribers these channels, but as there is no technical reason at this point, this is clearly something the FCC would be interested in.
Mark Frankenfield

Redwood City, CA

#25 Feb 11, 2008
Interestingly enough, there wasn't answers to the following questions:

1. No explanation from senior VP as to why BHN's own DVR, which uses CableCARD, is not affected.
2. VP needed to be asked why CableCARD users were not informed of channel limitation prior to its implementation.
mohammed speaks

Nomans Land, MA

#26 Feb 11, 2008
if you can steal it steal it their robbing from you.........................
TimB

Deland, FL

#27 Mar 16, 2008
I started using a TiVo digital video recorder before Bright House offered the service. My TiVo was easy to use and had great additional features (like letting me put my recorded shows on my laptop). When we upgraded to digital TV, I thought about getting a new TiVo with HD capability but was told by a Bright House representative that the CableCards were "being phased out" and I could not get one to use if I got a new TiVo (didn't need it for the original, non-digital box). I am shocked to hear that I was mislead! I have been supremely dissatisfied with the Bright House DVR and will run back to TiVo as soon as possible!
Wake Up

United States

#28 Jun 11, 2008
esuohthgirB says "i love brighthouse" Then says "its the signs of the times seek god first and everything else will follow."- Yea.. including your paycheck.. have faith while the system rap*es your wallet and keeps you in your place.. Nice advice...

--Ur a Sheep--

Big business(IE:Cable company)All ur Stuff R Belong To Them!!

-WAKE UP!!
robotech95460

Mendocino, CA

#29 Sep 25, 2008
Why are cable cards not SOLD? I contacted the FCC - and they said you CAN buy a cable card, but it has to be compatible with the system that you are using. My cable company sales department told me that I can buy my own cable card - but tech's for Comcast on the phone refused to activate my cable card as it was "not in their system". And they said that you can not buy one from them, and you can not activate one that you buy even if it is compatible. So, I asked the FCC as to how to complain - and they said to take it up with my local cable franchise. Any one else ever activated a cable card that you bought? Like from Best Buy or something? I know this post is from like 2007 - but my TV DOES have a cable card slot - not sure it is two way or not - but the card info says that it considers the host to have 1 way capability. Does any one know if in Northern California Comcast has two way capabilities? There is two way Internet here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Digital Video Recorders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does the new Digital TV signal suck so bad? (Apr '12) Feb 17 jimmy hopkins 46
AT&T's U-verse stages duel with Bright House cable (Dec '08) Jan '15 emmy 131
Your Online TV Watching Can Now Be Tracked Acro... Nov '14 report-card 1
Bright House update in need of fine-tuning (Oct '08) Aug '13 melissa 40
DirecTV Genie Lets You Record 5 Shows at Once (Oct '12) Oct '12 javi 1
thnk (Oct '12) Oct '12 gvnkamera 1
Battle over AutoHop isn't just about skipping c... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Bruce 1
More from around the web