TiVo CEO Tom Rogers interview @ Banff World TV Festival 2010 A Kempton a " ideas Revolutionary

Jul 11, 2010 Full story: kempton.wordpress.com

Kempton calls himself "ideas Revolutionary" and tries to make mistakes faster.

TiVo CEO Tom Rogers interview @ Banff World TV Festival 2010

It was my pleasure to interview TiVo CEO Tom Rogers when he was at the 2010A Banff World TV Festival .

Full Story

“we attempt to Clean Up Stories”

Since: Jun 09

www.niemanlab.org

#1 Jul 11, 2010
... Tom gave the example of TiVo's ability to pause live TV,

so viewers can search and find any products appearing in a TV show (a sweater worn by an actress, a golf club used by an athlete,

or any products on screen at the moment) and then turn the thought into an actionable transaction where the viewer can buy the product.

TiVo is putting a lot of meta data into the TV content and movie content and in doing so, create a lot of "transaction opportunities".

I also asked Tom When will TiVo come to Canada? And will the data collected by TiVo be transferable to Canada and other countries ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Digital Video Recorders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does the new Digital TV signal suck so bad? (Apr '12) Nov 10 Tom from detroit ... 44
Your Online TV Watching Can Now Be Tracked Acro... Nov 4 report-card 1
Bright House update in need of fine-tuning (Oct '08) Aug '13 melissa 40
DirecTV Genie Lets You Record 5 Shows at Once (Oct '12) Oct '12 javi 1
thnk (Oct '12) Oct '12 gvnkamera 1
Battle over AutoHop isn't just about skipping c... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Bruce 1
Take A Look At Current Dish Network Specials (Aug '12) Aug '12 Belinda 1

Digital Video Recorders People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE