NBC vs. ABC vs. BBC: What Networks Were the Royal Wedding "Winners and Losers?"

May 3, 2011 Full story: MELODIKA.net

Despite a very early morning start in the U.S. to Friday's Royal nuptials, TiVo today announced that 41 percent of DVR viewers still chose to watch Prince William wed Catherine Middleton live, with NBC, ABC and CBS networks capturing the most American viewers early Friday morning.

Full Story
aannadunn

United States

#1 May 12, 2011
Hi,
I live just outside of the Tuscaloosa city limits. I watched one of the deadliest tornados that struck the southern states on April 27th pass just about 10 miles north of my house. Our power was out until the next morning.(we were lucky, some people in the city went more than a week without power)
The next morning when I switched on the news to see how bad my hometown had been damaged.....the only coverage was of a wedding half way across the world. There were people STILL MISSING in Tuscaloosa and surrounding areas. I was absolutely appalled. Tuscaloosa only has one television station (its a low budget station run by the university) and it had been so damaged by the storm that they were unable to air for almost a week. The ONLY local news was provided by radio stations located here in Tuscaloosa. They were the SOLITARY source of news for this area of Alabama. The radio station played a CRITICAL roll of connecting volunteers/supplies to victims and relief groups during a time when many were without power, or even reliable cell phone service (many many communication towers were taken down by the tornado).
I guess I can understand the people that argue "real news" is too depressing and full of tragedy, and that people need an escape from all of the sad news.....but I say to them....and everyone else.....YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN DESTRUCTION LIKE THIS!!!
Perhaps during times of massive destruction in any region of the United States the local stations should report REAL news that is directly affecting the people in their viewing area......AND LEAVE THE ENTERTAINMENT STORIES TO THE ENTERTAINMENT CHANNELS.
I, personally, will never watch ABC again. I have written to let them know how despicable and shamefully irresponsible their coverage was on 4/28 and the days to follow.....but I am sure that will not matter at all.
I hope that none of you ever have to bear witness to this level of devastation,,,,but if you do....I pray that you have a local television station that is willing to cover the REAL NEWS of your area....not the celebrity story of the day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Digital Video Recorders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does the new Digital TV signal suck so bad? (Apr '12) Feb 17 jimmy hopkins 46
AT&T's U-verse stages duel with Bright House cable (Dec '08) Jan '15 emmy 131
Your Online TV Watching Can Now Be Tracked Acro... Nov '14 report-card 1
Bright House update in need of fine-tuning (Oct '08) Aug '13 melissa 40
DirecTV Genie Lets You Record 5 Shows at Once (Oct '12) Oct '12 javi 1
thnk (Oct '12) Oct '12 gvnkamera 1
Battle over AutoHop isn't just about skipping c... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Bruce 1
More from around the web