Mouseprint could leave you screaming

Mouseprint could leave you screaming

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 27, 2007, titled Mouseprint could leave you screaming. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

It's the catch, the loophole, the gotcha: It is mouseprint in advertising. Mouseprint is the fine type in print advertisements, seemingly so small only a mouse could read it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

RegularGuy

East Peoria, IL

#1 Oct 27, 2007
My favorite is the pitch that seems to make a comparison between the featured product and all its competitors. "Nothing works faster on your headache", for example. If you read that carefully, it implies that other products work just as fast, but not any faster. So is a pain reliever that's just as good as other pain relievers really what we think we're buying when we fall for that pitch?
mark

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 27, 2007
Yet the government watchdogs let these scams continue.
Wardell

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 27, 2007
Tom Waits: "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away." Step Right Up.....
Edgar Dworsky

Roslindale, MA

#4 Oct 28, 2007
The correct link for Mouse Print* is http://www.mouseprint.org (no space or hyphen)

Enjoy!
Joe

Chicago, IL

#5 Nov 1, 2007
99.25% is criminal no matter how unsecured the loan is!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Digital Video Recorders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does the new Digital TV signal suck so bad? (Apr '12) May 24 Cowboydave45 67
News expand the storage capacity of your cable dvr (May '08) Apr '16 Capacity gauge 14
News AT&T's U-verse stages duel with Bright House cable (Dec '08) Jan '15 emmy 131
News Your Online TV Watching Can Now Be Tracked Acro... (Nov '14) Nov '14 report-card 1
News Bright House update in need of fine-tuning (Oct '08) Aug '13 melissa 40
News DirecTV Genie Lets You Record 5 Shows at Once (Oct '12) Oct '12 javi 1
thnk (Oct '12) Oct '12 gvnkamera 1
More from around the web