TiVo and Focus On the Family Partner ...

TiVo and Focus On the Family Partner for a Father's Day Contest

There are 6 comments on the www.boxturtlebulletin.com story from Jun 5, 2008, titled TiVo and Focus On the Family Partner for a Father's Day Contest. In it, www.boxturtlebulletin.com reports that:

G-A-Y’s Jeremy Hooper has discovered that Focus On the Family has partnered with TiVo for an “I Know A Super Dad” contest, in which sons and daughters are asked to submit an essay explaining why their dad is a “super dad.” Winners will get a TiVo Series2 DT DVR with a full year of TiVo service.

But it raises a question: how many gay dads do you think would be Super Dads in Focus/TiVo’s eyes? Or how many dads who love and support their LGBT sons and daughters would Focus/TiVo be wiling to certify as a Super Dad?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.boxturtlebulletin.com.

“STFU”

Since: May 07

Atlanta, GA

#1 Jun 5, 2008
It disappoints me to know that TiVO, one of my favorite gadgets, is partnering with a known terrorist organization.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#2 Jun 6, 2008
fuzi wrote:
It disappoints me to know that TiVO, one of my favorite gadgets, is partnering with a known terrorist organization.
Yeah, but at least the author of the article has come up with a way of letting them know there's a problem with their collaboration...
WOW ME

Buffalo, NY

#3 Jun 9, 2008
WOW you guys have got to be kidding me.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#4 Jun 9, 2008
I say we boycott them. The AFA thinks it has buying power, eh? They quickly forget which segment of society has the most cash to spare. It'd be an interesting idea if we ever got together to do what the AFA has set up to do numerous times. However, with us, I don't think we'd fail as miserably as they did. Besides DVR is a hell of a lot better then TIVO.

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#5 Jun 9, 2008
btw, I dunno where I got AFA from...

“STFU”

Since: May 07

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jun 10, 2008
TiVO has been very supportive of gay issues, and continues to be so. We should remember that to people outside the gay sphere, FOF is seen as a benevolent group. Their marketing of themselves as wholesome and good is propaganda at its height. I would dare say that management at TiVO is probably not aware that FOF is seen as a terrorist/hate group by the LGBT community.

A boycott of TiVO would be ill-advised. Instead, a polite letter/email campaign to TiVO explaining our feelings about their involvement with FOF would be more appropriate. Ranting and raving doesn't gain any sympathy, remember.

And like it or not, no cable or satellite DVR currently comes close to the capabilities and ease of use that is TiVO. I've used all of them and I'll take TiVO anytime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Digital Video Recorders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does the new Digital TV signal suck so bad? (Apr '12) Feb 28 Worm farmer 84
News expand the storage capacity of your cable dvr (May '08) Apr '16 Capacity gauge 14
News AT&T's U-verse stages duel with Bright House cable (Dec '08) Jan '15 emmy 131
News Your Online TV Watching Can Now Be Tracked Acro... (Nov '14) Nov '14 report-card 1
News Bright House update in need of fine-tuning (Oct '08) Aug '13 melissa 40
News DirecTV Genie Lets You Record 5 Shows at Once (Oct '12) Oct '12 javi 1
thnk (Oct '12) Oct '12 gvnkamera 1
More from around the web