AT&T enters city's cable market with ...

AT&T enters city's cable market with U-verse debut

There are 31 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 5, 2009, titled AT&T enters city's cable market with U-verse debut. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Competition is heating up in El Paso's TV service market. AT&T on Tuesday launched its new digital television service, AT&T U-verse, in El Paso, bringing additional competition to Time Warner Cable, El Paso's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not true

Plano, TX

#23 Jan 7, 2009
u-verse is available in several wire centers throughout the city. feel free to email me at [email protected] and I will get customer service to contact you. If you call directly use referral code mm5445. Thanks
Agent

Plano, TX

#25 Jan 7, 2009
If interested in Uverse or any other AT&T product send me an email me your first and last name, adress, home phone and contact number, and I will have an agent contact you.

[email protected]
Beware

Dallas, TX

#26 Jan 7, 2009
Agent wrote:
If interested in Uverse or any other AT&T product send me an email me your first and last name, adress, home phone and contact number, and I will have an agent contact you.
[email protected]
Why bother contacting you for a referral, when I can simply contact AT&T directly at 1-800-288-2020, or stop by one of their stores around town? You sound like a fishy agent to me!
Minerfan

Dallas, TX

#27 Jan 7, 2009
I just changed from TW to ATT Dish Network and I love the Dish. I have 2 HD DVR dual tuner boxes for 4 rooms and it is awesome. I can record from any room in the house and watch my favorite programs anytime. Almost every channel has an HD partner. I have Sirius stations. The NFL network in HD. Best of all is the signal and clarity of the channels especially the HD Channels. The price is no where near what I was paying for TW with only one 1 HD DVR receiver and the other rooms had basic. And the clarity and signal sucked even after they came to install a signal amplifier. They wanted to lower the price on me if I stayed with them which would have been nice but only for 6 months. ATT guaranteed their price for 2 years. We shall see what happens after 2 years but I am very satisfied with ATT Dish network right now.
miner maniac

Dallas, TX

#28 Jan 7, 2009
The only sore spot to dumping Time Warner (I can't believe I wrote that) is losing the Metro Sports channel. That's a Time Warner exclusive channel that's not available on Dish, DirecTV, or U-Verse. Some Miner games are shown on that channel.

Speaking of which, does any one know if CBS College Sports (formerly CSTV) is available on U-Verse? It doesn't appear to be one of the channels available, based on what I found on the U-Verse web site. I would definitely not want to lose that channel for all the college games that are shown.

Lastly, Time Warner has quietly added MGM HD and CW HD within the past month. However, Time Warner is still lacking HD channels for Spike, USA, Sci-Fi, TBS, A&E, Biography, just to name a handful.

Oh yeah, they did add MLB Network on New Year's Day, mainly because Time Warner owns part of the network itself. However, we still don't have the NFL Network!
Agent

Plano, TX

#29 Jan 7, 2009
Beware wrote:
<quoted text>
Why bother contacting you for a referral, when I can simply contact AT&T directly at 1-800-288-2020, or stop by one of their stores around town? You sound like a fishy agent to me!
Yes, you may call us direct, or even visit us at att.com . I just a tech attempting to provide referrals for a great service.

Have a great day!

[email protected]
Agent

Plano, TX

#30 Jan 7, 2009
Beware wrote:
<quoted text>
This is also convenient as you will not have to wait on hold or navagate through automated reponses or fight traffic, just wait for an agent to contact you!
Not true

Plano, TX

#31 Jan 7, 2009
Beware wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a fishy agent just wants to beat me to the punch. We get credit for referrals. You can call directly and use the referral code of someone you know from AT&T or not give one at all.
RUSerious

El Paso, TX

#32 Jan 7, 2009
You guys stop it with the referrals. I know we all could use money, but to be sneaky about it come on. lol

Every customer with AT&T can get into the referral program. What these guys are doing is taking your info and giving it to AT&T so that they can get $$$. Right now U-verse sign-ups will give the person referring $100. So you can see why they want to refer you.

https://www.attreferrals.com/Offers.aspx

By the way att.referrals at sbcglobal.net is somebody's personal email and not an actual AT&T rep email.
Not true

Plano, TX

#33 Jan 8, 2009
RUSerious wrote:
You guys stop it with the referrals. I know we all could use money, but to be sneaky about it come on. lol
Every customer with AT&T can get into the referral program. What these guys are doing is taking your info and giving it to AT&T so that they can get $$$. Right now U-verse sign-ups will give the person referring $100. So you can see why they want to refer you.
https://www.attreferrals.com/Offers.aspx
By the way att.referrals at sbcglobal.net is somebody's personal email and not an actual AT&T rep email.
Not sure where you got your $100 story from but we don't get that amount. I wasn't attempting to be sneaky, it was an easy way to get referrals and "Agent" thought he or she would jump on the bandwagon. either way thanks for all the info because this generates revenue and saves my job.
Sandi

Deerfield Beach, FL

#36 Jan 28, 2009
Att uverse customer rep who sold us the uverse 400 package wrote the order so incorrectly- it would take me pages to explain!Then try and get the same supervisor on the phone- good luck..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Digital Video Recorders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does the new Digital TV signal suck so bad? (Apr '12) Feb 28 Worm farmer 84
News expand the storage capacity of your cable dvr (May '08) Apr '16 Capacity gauge 14
News AT&T's U-verse stages duel with Bright House cable (Dec '08) Jan '15 emmy 131
News Your Online TV Watching Can Now Be Tracked Acro... (Nov '14) Nov '14 report-card 1
News Bright House update in need of fine-tuning (Oct '08) Aug '13 melissa 40
News DirecTV Genie Lets You Record 5 Shows at Once (Oct '12) Oct '12 javi 1
thnk (Oct '12) Oct '12 gvnkamera 1
More from around the web