Surge damages cable boxes - Hawaii News

Surge damages cable boxes - Hawaii News

There are 8 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Dec 30, 2008, titled Surge damages cable boxes - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Last week's islandwide blackout has disrupted television and phone service for at least 2,000 Oceanic Time Warner Cable customers on Oahu.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Bleedingheartlib eral

United States

#1 Dec 30, 2008
I never supported George Bush's surge anyway. Nothing but heartache and greif from GW.
Poidawgie

Honolulu, HI

#2 Dec 30, 2008
I guess the people that had issues were not listening to KSSK and the EARC. They were periodically reminding people to shut off their breakers, I know my husband did it for our home and we had not problems. I pays to listen to KSSK & the EARC even if they do get a little sidetracked at times. However that's human nature. Thanks KSSK & EARC for your commentary and information.
Roll Eyes

United States

#3 Dec 30, 2008
Bleedingheartliberal wrote:
I never supported George Bush's surge anyway. Nothing but heartache and greif from GW.
go blog somewhere else next time.(roll eyes and yawn)
Ben Dover

Kahului, HI

#4 Dec 31, 2008
Oceanic should file a claim with HECO.
APC

Ewa Beach, HI

#5 Dec 31, 2008
Are there simple solutions for large disastrous events natural or manmade? Not very likely or recommended; inadvertent consequences are more likely.

Do little things help? Sure
Lingle Da Snubber

Hilo, HI

#6 Dec 31, 2008
You mean Mother Nature doesn't want us to keep looking at a box that lied us into attacking and occupying Iraq and lies to us about most major issues?

Go Mother Nature!

"Much virtue in herbs, little in men." Benjamin Franklin
alice

Honolulu, HI

#7 Dec 31, 2008
HECO is an utter disaster for this community.
hawaiian warrior

Lihue, HI

#8 Dec 31, 2008
Poidawgie wrote:
I guess the people that had issues were not listening to KSSK and the EARC. They were periodically reminding people to shut off their breakers, I know my husband did it for our home and we had not problems. I pays to listen to KSSK & the EARC even if they do get a little sidetracked at times. However that's human nature. Thanks KSSK & EARC for your commentary and information.
Yes, so where is your tax dollar funded State "rapid response teams" at, sleeping at the wheel again? Emergency response from both the State and City bureaucrats seems to be lacking every time there is a crisis.

They were never around during the earthquake 2 years ago, no cops to direct traffic, no communications to inform the public. Now 2 years later, HECO screws up and black out the entire island and yet....no communications from your "official" sources and when it did come....much later than a local radio station, doing their job, which you are paying for!

Where was the co-ordination coming from HECO to give residents notice so they can prepare their homes and business before HECO decides to "surge" back the power? None, like a greedy monopoly, only interested in making profits, they don't give a hoot about unplugging your power, which you pay for.

Their bottom line is to line their pockets with as much profit they can get away with, besides the PUC has already decided in their favor. So all those claims against HECO two years ago, is going down the sewer pipes into al-al-al land!

P.U.C.= Public Unaccountable Crony for the Monopolies, the price is always right for the PUC to "massage" the books!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Digital Video Recorders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does the new Digital TV signal suck so bad? (Apr '12) Jun 19 Bob 69
News expand the storage capacity of your cable dvr (May '08) Apr '16 Capacity gauge 14
News AT&T's U-verse stages duel with Bright House cable (Dec '08) Jan '15 emmy 131
News Your Online TV Watching Can Now Be Tracked Acro... (Nov '14) Nov '14 report-card 1
News Bright House update in need of fine-tuning (Oct '08) Aug '13 melissa 40
News DirecTV Genie Lets You Record 5 Shows at Once (Oct '12) Oct '12 javi 1
thnk (Oct '12) Oct '12 gvnkamera 1
More from around the web