DirecTV Genie Lets You Record 5 Shows...

DirecTV Genie Lets You Record 5 Shows at Once

There are 1 comment on the Mashable story from Oct 11, 2012, titled DirecTV Genie Lets You Record 5 Shows at Once. In it, Mashable reports that:

DirecTV rolled out the Genie Thursday - an HD digital video recorder for DirecTV satellite network subscribers that can record five shows at once.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mashable.

javi

Englewood, CO

#1 Oct 22, 2012
With my Hopper I can record up to 6 live HD programs at once. I can also store up to TWICE as much TV on my DVR as can the genie. I don't understand all the hype for Genie, as DTV MUST know their specs pale in comparison to DISH and the Hopper. A DISH coworker showed me how to use PrimeTime Anytime, which records the entire PT lineup on all four major networks. And do you KNOW how nice it is to watch these recordings without commercials? Yes, the Genie looks cool, but for true DVR enthusiasts, Hopper is the only boat afloat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Digital Video Recorders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does the new Digital TV signal suck so bad? (Apr '12) Jul 17 CableScam 53
News AT&T's U-verse stages duel with Bright House cable (Dec '08) Jan '15 emmy 131
News Your Online TV Watching Can Now Be Tracked Acro... (Nov '14) Nov '14 report-card 1
News Bright House update in need of fine-tuning (Oct '08) Aug '13 melissa 40
thnk (Oct '12) Oct '12 gvnkamera 1
News Battle over AutoHop isn't just about skipping c... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Bruce 1
News Take A Look At Current Dish Network Specials (Aug '12) Aug '12 Belinda 1
More from around the web