New electronic cigarettes will catch ...

New electronic cigarettes will catch fire here - Features

There are 40 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Oct 5, 2008, titled New electronic cigarettes will catch fire here - Features. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

It won't be long before you start seeing people in Honolulu restaurants and bars puffing on cigarettes again and, for the time being, it will be legal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Wade

Freeport, FL

#1 Oct 5, 2008
You're right. Our self righteous prohibitionists will go nuts with rage over this one. There's no ignition. So, there's no real smoke. Hence, no smoking going on. This means that there's no second hand smoke. Let's see prohibitionists justify prohibiting that which does no harm to anyone other than the tobacco user. Sort of like how cannabis users who aren't harming anyone else are prohibited from exercising their freedom of choice. You bet it's not about the smoke. It's all about other people taking it upon themselves to tell others what is right or wrong, for them.
Cutchase64

United States

#3 Oct 5, 2008
..dandruff??!!! Gasp!
hmmm

Honolulu, HI

#4 Oct 5, 2008
And E-cigarettes were invented in China, so you KNOW they gotta be safe.

What a great line!!!!
nnifer

AOL

#5 Oct 5, 2008
Just what we need!!!!!!!! Right on.
MakikiMan

United States

#6 Oct 5, 2008
Ya know Charles... I'm a smoker wanting to quit the nasty habit, and you had me completely sold on this great idea... right up til ya said they are made in China... Oh well, another dream up in smoke!! hehehe
Bonnie

AOL

#7 Oct 5, 2008
I actually LOVE my e-cig. I does allow me my nic fix, and I don't smell of tobacco. It is not a health product but it is healthier. If you are
looking for innovative electronic anything...China is where you go!!
Phil

Capitola, CA

#9 Oct 6, 2008
This was an entertaining read, and unfortunately I think you are right.. The folks who lobbied for the smoking ban are going to go nuts.. Although I have used my e-cig all over the place and have never been told I cant use it somewhere I have had some pretty odd encounters... My favorite ones involve people who get all bent out of shape until they realize its not a real cigarette and then are completely fascinated...

And now for a shameless plug.
e-Smokey Treats Electronic Cigarette's
http://www.e-smokeytreats.com
puff puff give me cancer

Bronx, NY

#11 Oct 11, 2008
i got my ecig from njoy and they claim it does not contain any tar carcinogens and that the vapor produced is any about 300 degrees fahrenheit instead of the 1200 degrees a real smoke can be. i dont know how healty it really is but i know how unhealty the real smokes definately are.
Joshua

Honolulu, HI

#12 Oct 15, 2008
I am not a smoker but I really appreciate the folks around me at work and at home using the electronic cigarette. My father is using the electronic cigar, which is also another fascinating device. He would stink up the entire household, but not anymore. Mahaaaalo for this electronic device. I am definitely getting some for Christmas gifts this year. Check it out on Craigslist and search electronic cigarette. More so, you don't have to pay much for shipping cuz it's right here in the islands. You pay anywhere from 70.00 to over 100.00 for a starter set. It's a great investment and even greater for the people around you.
Keoki

Honolulu, HI

#13 Oct 15, 2008
Mahaaaaalo nui for this electronic invention. I appreciate that the people at work not coming back to the office smelling like tobacco. They were smelly. I even went out and bought my father an ELECTRONIC CIGAR set and he loves it. He doesn't know it, but WE love it even more. NO second hand smoke! Just FYI, check out craigslist for electronic cigarette. They got some good deals on there. Price range from 70.00 - 150.00. I plan on buying some sets and giving it as Christmas Gifts.
Kupaa

Honolulu, HI

#15 Oct 15, 2008
Go to www.egichawaii.com and read all about them! I have an article under the 'Products' page click on the "But are they really healthy?".
My starter kits are 1/3 the price of what you get on-line and I will be letting the public know what stores will carry them under the store locator.
If you don't understand them, or think they are not 'for real', Invite me to come to your POB and do a FREE Demo! Use the contact form on my website for all questions from the public, too.
My cost is less than half of a pack of real cigarettes, and I'm a distributor and will sell to individuals at my demos. You can 'try it before you buy it'. So, What are you waiting for??

“Just Say No to Smoking Bans”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#16 Oct 16, 2008
Kupaa wrote:
Go to www.egichawaii.com and read all about them! I have an article under the 'Products' page click on the "But are they really healthy?".
My starter kits are 1/3 the price of what you get on-line and I will be letting the public know what stores will carry them under the store locator.
If you don't understand them, or think they are not 'for real', Invite me to come to your POB and do a FREE Demo! Use the contact form on my website for all questions from the public, too.
My cost is less than half of a pack of real cigarettes, and I'm a distributor and will sell to individuals at my demos. You can 'try it before you buy it'. So, What are you waiting for??
Your link does not work.
hmmm

Honolulu, HI

#17 Oct 16, 2008
The link is actually
www.ecighawaii.biz
Kawai

Honolulu, HI

#18 Oct 16, 2008
I believe the electronic cigarettes is a great idea to help the smokers - smoke healthier. For me, it's not about the price but the PRICE and the QUALITY of the product. Most people will spend the little extra money to get a quality product, rather save a lot to get a shitty product. So to advertise to people that "MY STARTER KITS ARE 1/3 THE PRICE OF WHAT YOU GET ON-LINE" doesn't really justify that your product is of good quality. Just like anything else, it has to be proven. Also, people in Hawaii are all about family and others, whereas, the website has a lot of "all about me" type of sales approach. Example, "I have an article; MY starter kits; I will be letting the public know; Invite ME; MY cost; and more mentioned on YOUR website. Other than that, the idea is good thing and I hope the State of Hawaii takes advantage of this newly invented product.
Joe Red

San Clemente, CA

#19 Oct 16, 2008
Yes, you can legally enjoy them in a restaurant, grocery store and even on
an airplane.
The vapor looks just like smoke, and the end even glows when you take a
puff.
They come in menthol too!
Get all the information at http://www.myinlife.com/joe%20red
Leilani

Honolulu, HI

#20 Oct 17, 2008
I think 'Kupa'a' has a typo. It is ecighawaii.com
I think she is trying to help others by offering something that could help people quit smoking.
electronic cigarette

Zhengzhou, China

#21 Oct 28, 2008
This is Alice from Top machinery&Equipment company.
We are factory specialized in the manufacture and export of electronic cigarette(with CE,ROHS) for more than two years with good reputation.we can supply many kinds of electronic cigarette with high quality and competitive price.
info(at)top-rol(dot)com
Steven

Honolulu, HI

#23 Nov 2, 2008
You can get them locally!
I bought a pack and extra cartridges from www.ecighawaii.biz and got them the next day. The prices are the lowest I've seen,yet, and it really works just fine.
Wanted

Nicholasville, KY

#24 Nov 15, 2008
Well hold on to your hat - as 3 days ago the electronic cigarette being shipped from china - hong kong and other countries are being stopped at the ups and fedex and usps terminals and being held by customs - yeah you heard me right , i have one being held by customs right this minute in a ups terminal in ky.they gave me a polite call friday morning and told me they have not been fda approved and can no longer be imported into the usa. hhhhmmmmmmmmm i guess the tobacco companies had nothing to do with this did they it's all about the country protecting us of a harmfull dangerous drug known as nicotine - we can't have that - well im off to buy a carton of cigarettes - oh and by the way, i have a family member that has been using the mini e cig for about 4 months now and i tried it, it works really well, i wonder if they will be able to continue to get the cartridges or if they will have to go back to smoking a good ole winston.
Love Waianae

Kapolei, HI

#25 Nov 15, 2008
Wanted wrote:
i have a family member that has been using the mini e cig for about 4 months now and i tried it, it works really well, i wonder if they will be able to continue to get the cartridges or if they will have to go back to smoking a good ole winston.
Go back to the Winstons. I miss hearing you hack your lungs up every morning, the stench of your clothes and car interior, the way your baby inhales all the smoke in your car and your kitchen, the knowing looks from your co-workers as you take your 15th smoke break of the morning while they have to keep working, and especially the dirty looks your little circle of smokers give to the hobos that come up and ask to share your butts. Oh, and the subtle way you drop your butts out your car window, thinking no-one notices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Computers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Monopoly kicks out three classic game tokens Mar 18 Spotted Girl 10
News Staying smart Feb 23 fentanyl and chill 2
News Russia penetrated Vermont utility company computer Feb '17 Bonehead Brad UVMMC 6
'Diversity' means chasing down White people Feb '17 6890vkj 1
News A Cloud for the Artificial Mind: This Data Cent... Feb '17 thumper0755 1
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... Feb '17 Anderson Cooper 180 1,348
News Despite push to scrap cursive writing, schools ... Jan '17 Please Hug If Lea... 1
More from around the web