Outage hits Georgia DSL customers

Full story: WXIA Atlanta 50
SAN ANTONIO -- AT&T Inc. customers in the Southeast United States were unable to connect to the Internet through their DSL service Monday night, a company spokesman said. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jane

United States

#1 Dec 3, 2007
I felt so helpless during this downtime... I don't know how anyone can do without the internet!
atl boy

United States

#2 Dec 4, 2007
it was a real pain in the @**. wish i had known about the alternate work around. could have stayed on line and completed time sensitive work. Thanks AT&T
Henri

Lawrenceville, GA

#3 Dec 4, 2007
atl boy wrote:
wish i had known about the alternate work around. could have stayed on line and completed time sensitive work.
The alternate DN servers and settings are internal to AT&T, so unless you're a quick hacker that info would have been useless to you.
Henri

Lawrenceville, GA

#4 Dec 4, 2007
Henri wrote:
<quoted text>
The alternate DN servers and settings are internal to AT&T, so unless you're a quick hacker that info would have been useless to you.
Oops, please ignore my previous post. I was not thinking about OpenDNS. Where's that coffee.
Sam

Norcross, GA

#5 Dec 4, 2007
I still can't get mine to work. I guess I'll be waiting on hold on the phone for 2 hours today for them to help me fix it.
Gagirl

United States

#6 Dec 4, 2007
Thanks AT&T....:(:( I was one of many here in Fla that had that problem also.
Pat - Roswell GA

Englewood Cliffs, NJ

#7 Dec 4, 2007
And, are we going to see a credit on our accounts? NOT.

“Thinking is not a Sin”

Since: Nov 07

Atlanta, GA

#8 Dec 4, 2007
My brother is an engineer with Bellsouth and he was calling ME to see if my service was up... and he didn't know why it was not...LOL well, can't fault the guys that work on the physical plant...
Injun

United States

#9 Dec 4, 2007
Just so someone will get an idea of how widespread the outage was, mine was down in SE TN.
And I really don't anticipate a credit, but by golly you better have that payment in on time or there will be another shutdown. lol
Hey, ever think of the consequences of a long term national shutdown?? Scarey!!
jrhyne

Marion, SC

#11 Dec 4, 2007
Also had problems here in southeastern NC.
PlayfulAtHeart

Atlanta, GA

#12 Dec 4, 2007
How many of you all have had the pleasure of using Comcast high speed internet? How many of you switched because of the crappy service from Comcast?

Technology is great, but you get what you pay for.... if you want a 100% uptime guarantee, where your account is credited for any outages, then go with a static IP and a T1 line..... you will be paying approximately $800 per month....

Bellsouth FastAccess is running around 99.8% uptime..... and what do you pay for that?

As stated, there are always options, it is a matter of what you are willing to pay for.
KTBARRDDOOR

Laurens, SC

#14 Dec 4, 2007
We were out here in Georgia and my son had a college paper he had to finish up. Poor kid ended up driving around town looking for WiFi!! Oh, you can be sure I will be looking for my credit if just to cover the gas!
07 Jeeper

United States

#15 Dec 4, 2007
yup... i lost a rank in halo3 b/c i got dropped from the game... i need some money at&t... compensatory monies for lost rank!!

lol!
jeff

Decatur, GA

#16 Dec 4, 2007
The Truth wrote:
Charter Cable was working fine.
Can't you read? DSL and cable are not the same! Duhhhh

But all things that are evil, are DNS. Lets just go to straight IP addressing.

“The US: an endangered species.”

Since: May 07

Peavine

#17 Dec 4, 2007
jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you read? DSL and cable are not the same! Duhhhh
But all things that are evil, are DNS. Lets just go to straight IP addressing.
I think his point was that cable beats DSL. I know that it has been more reliable for me also. My former DSL experience was not very good, especially given the cost.
agree

Powder Springs, GA

#18 Dec 4, 2007
I have had Bellsouth, now AT&T, DSL for almost 2yrs and last night was the first outage for me. I say I still love AT&T! Before that I had comcast and oh my goodness! I was down as often as it was online. Everytime I sat at the computer it was a crapshoot.
what

Powder Springs, GA

#20 Dec 4, 2007
Go contact the Georgia Public Service Commission and file a complaint!
LBAtl

Atlanta, GA

#22 Dec 4, 2007
I've had Bellsouth, now AT&T DSL also for two years but I've never been happy. Last night was like many others for me in that it's nothing new to be unable to connect. Their customer service has never been good either as we've called and complained many times. We'll see how it goes tonight!
Lisa

United States

#23 Dec 4, 2007
I tried to log in to listen to my internet radio last night and spent 15 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong with my internet connection. When I realized there was nothing I could do but wait out the problem I was like a deer in headlights while staring at my computer screen. Motionless. How many of ya'll were like me and every few minutes kept trying to get onto the internet hoping it would work? When I did get on sometime around 10:00 p.m. I could have jumped out my chair hollering YEAH BABY!
Appalled

United States

#24 Dec 4, 2007
I wished that I watched tv more often, then I would have known what the problem was. I just went to the library and finished up my work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Computers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Transfer Data between Samsung GALAXY, HTC One, ... (Jun '13) 20 hr Leonaly 11
New technology takes 'bored' out of whiteboard (Dec '08) Thu Calvin James 2
Op-ed: My Lesbian Moms Saved My Life Thu chris hanson 5
5 Best SEO-Friendly WordPress Themes for Bloggers Wed Gerald Vonberger 1
US co-opted Cuba's hip-hop scene to spark change Dec 14 Doc Proper 4
Senator: USAID's Cuba hip-hop project 'reckless' Dec 13 Sterkfontein Swar... 2
How To Choose a New Cell Phone Dec 10 Kid_Tomorrow 1
More from around the web