'Paranormal Activity' - 'Paranormal Activity' is more fun than ...

Full story: Zap2it.com
Some movies are a more shared experience than others, and that's certainly the case with "Paranormal Activity," a micro-budget horror flick about things that go bump in the you-know-what in a nice new home. Full Story
anonymous

Henderson, NV

#1 Oct 23, 2009
I think the reason some people didn't like this film is that they've been opinionated and skeptical from the start, don't have wild imaginations, and never had the paranoia of someone watching you while you slept.
Rena Moretti

Alhambra, CA

#2 Oct 30, 2009
anonymous wrote:
I think the reason some people didn't like this film is that they've been opinionated and skeptical from the start, don't have wild imaginations, and never had the paranoia of someone watching you while you slept.
Or perhaps they realized that an amateur hour "movie" made with a camcorder isn't going to be all that interesting, no matter how much money Paramount claims it made (and yes, Paramount does the box-office reporting and there isn't a single journalist in the land that remotely checks the numbers).
Alan

Chester, CA

#3 Nov 7, 2009
Or perhaps they just don't know a good horror flick when they see one...that is the most plausible.
Jeremy in Chicago

Chicago, IL

#4 Nov 9, 2009
I enjoyed the film, although I was 'really trying to like it'. I imagine the popularity of the film had something to do with the great timing of its release and had something to do with her boobs. For god sakes, I'm gay and I couldn't stop looking at 'em. Anyway, the building suspense in the film was great, and this is too seldom seen in current movies, with the possible exception of the M. Night Schamalan movies. Suspense begins and ends with Hitchcock, of course.
CJ_ Smith

United States

#5 Nov 18, 2009
The people behind this movie had a very good idea, but sadly botched it. Here are my complaints.
1) Having to sit through about a half hour of nothing for anything remotely interesting to happen.
2) The fact that the character couple were blithering idiots, particularly Micah. He did two key things which the psychic told him NOT to do:
a) Communicated with the spirit, later
getting cocky with it
b) Got a Ouija board
3) The psychic strongly advised them to call
his friend, the demonologist. Did they do it? Of course not. Or at least they waited far too long.
4) Micah went up in the attic full of insulation (very irritating to the skin) wearing nothing but boxer shorts.
I realize that good horror is based on the characters making that one fatal mistake ending in their demise, but the stupidity in this film was more than I could bear. The part where Katie is dragged down the hall by the ghost was kind of cool, but so what? I can watch the Exorcist if I want to see that. It's a much better movie. I am Wiccan and do believe in spirits and hauntings but I still felt insulted by the expectation that I was supposed to be scared. I almost broke out my sage bundle to cleanse my house of all the stupidity. Had Micah and Katie been much smarter- meaning studied other religions along with following the psychic's advice, but still perished anyway, I might have had a lot more sympathy for them. Hell, a showdown between the evil spirit, Katie, Micah, and the demonologist (whom they called when it was far too late) ending in all three of them dying at the end would have left me a lot more shaken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camcorders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rail project timelapse cameras on the taxpayer'... Sep 3 Joe Balls 1
Searchers 'Cautiously Optimistic' About Finding... Aug '14 _malon_goblok 1
Chromecast - Directly Stream AVCHD MTS/TOD from... Jul '14 cheikh52 1
Cast & Stream Camcorder Videos for Enjoying on ... Jun '14 randolph07 1
Researchers develop robotic system to detect le... Jun '14 SpaceBlues 1
Spacewalkers install cameras for video venture (Dec '13) Dec '13 Nulli Secundus 1
Bird steals camera in Australia, records journey (Dec '13) Dec '13 SUJ 9
•••

Camcorders People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••