Munitions dump eludes undersea hunters - News

After 12 dives six miles south of Pearl Harbor, University of Hawaii and Army researchers using deep-diving submersibles and remote underwater drones still have not located the main site of chemical munitions ... Read more

Since: Oct 08

Pearl City, HI

#1 Mar 12, 2009
Just because they haven't found them yet does not mean that they are not there;they are. So too bad, the study needs to be extended until all the sites are found. And the Army, not Hawaii, needs to pay for it, and take responsibility for cleanup. And if Inouye has to push for special federal funding to get this done, he is the right man for the job.
Auwe

Kailua, HI

#2 Mar 12, 2009
Whats the big deal? The city can't even keep the Ala Wai and our beaches clean. Why worry about 50 year old UXO thats 10 miles offshore? Even if they find the ordnance, they won't be able to clean it up. Its to unstable and dangerous to move. All they'll be able to do is "monitor" the water and sediments in the area. Nothing will come of this. Its just PR!
alice

Pahoa, HI

#3 Mar 12, 2009
Well..maybe. But the stuff should neevr have been dumped there.
Elijahhawaii

Boone, NC

#5 Mar 12, 2009
alice wrote:
Well, my being a big old sllut scares everyone who does care.
but no one cares....well except your piiimp in chinatown. Your few coins you get keep his coffee habit going.

Ans stick to the topic next time, always about yourself.....
Blues

Kapolei, HI

#6 Mar 12, 2009
When is the government going to throw money to me?
alice

Pahoa, HI

#7 Mar 12, 2009
The UH is playing an important role in finding and mapping these explosives.
Elijahhawaii

Boone, NC

#8 Mar 12, 2009
alice wrote:
This slut is in pain from poking my hole, riding and whacking these extra dilldos.
really alice, stick to the topic. The only dump around here obviously is you.
Baal

United States

#9 Mar 12, 2009
Hmm they canít find toxic munitions at the map co-ordinates.

The real spooky things are those things that arenít supposed to be there!
Westsideray

Aiea, HI

#10 Mar 12, 2009
The reason they can't find the stuff, is because the guys who dumped the stuff went back and took plenty home with them. The reason you have been seeing and hearing all off the aerial fireworks all these years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camcorders Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Visual MP4/MOV Time Stamp 1.0 Jan '15 877cms 1
News Rail project timelapse cameras on the taxpayer'... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Joe Balls 1
News Searchers 'Cautiously Optimistic' About Finding... (Aug '14) Aug '14 _malon_goblok 1
Chromecast - Directly Stream AVCHD MTS/TOD from... (Jul '14) Jul '14 cheikh52 1
Cast & Stream Camcorder Videos for Enjoying on ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 randolph07 1
News Researchers develop robotic system to detect le... (Jun '14) Jun '14 SpaceBlues 1
News Spacewalkers install cameras for video venture (Dec '13) Dec '13 Nulli Secundus 1
More from around the web