In-home cell repeaters - Digital Edge...

In-home cell repeaters - Digital Edge News Story - WRC | Washin...

There are 4 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from May 13, 2008, titled In-home cell repeaters - Digital Edge News Story - WRC | Washin.... In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

I.J. Hudson , Tech Reporter Despite marketing claims that your cellphone works most everywhere, small businesses and consumers who have spotty service are raising the bars - on their phones - themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

Mike Morley

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Jun 10, 2008
I just moved to Hillsmere Shores in Annapolis MD. It is a known fact that once you enter the neighborhood cellular service drops dramatically as you get closer to the water past the Quiet Waters Park. After several calls to Verizon they were unresponsive and said they had no idea what a home repeater is.....
It is crazy to think you need to purchase a repeater for $800+ just to use your cellular service. In fact, when the technician arrived at my home last week to install Verizon Fios he laughed at the fact no other Verizon Wireless product works in the neighborhood. He could not even call his home office (Verizon) on his Verizon cell. However, if you go to the Verizon Wireless site it shows 100% full coverage for the area. That's got to be false and misleading advertisement.

Vancouver, WA

#2 Mar 17, 2009
man, that's a sad story

Sarasota, FL

#4 Apr 6, 2010
This is typical across the country. Most service providers grossly overstate the coverage of their networks. Where I live at least 3 companies say they have "good" (3+ bars) coverage in my area, Sarasota, Florida, where it is very flat. However, no cell phones work inside the house. You have to go outside to get a very weak signal. In my opinion a weak signal is not good coverage. The FCC should crack down on the lame "dishonest" claims by wireless providers.

Since: Apr 10

Kotri, Pakistan

#5 Apr 7, 2010
Buy & Sell latest mobile (Samsung,Nokia,LG,Sony Ericsson,Motorola,Apple IPhone,BlackBerry,HTC,China Mobile,Trend,02,HP,Imate)and much more with latest Prices.Click at:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluetooth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Getting your old headphones to work with the iP... Sep '16 Crystal_Clear722 7
News This set of levitating speakers from Aswy can d... Sep '16 Anonymous 1
Nexus 'text to switch speaker phone' hands free... (Jan '09) Sep '16 paulturbo 33
Help find a lost bluetooth device (Oct '06) Aug '16 Karen 12
"No Bluetooth Device Found", Samsung SGH-C417 (Sep '06) Jun '16 Dell 167
News New Collar Will Let Your Cat Speak To You May '16 Spotted Girl 5
Find Bluetooth Headset Manufacturer (Feb '16) Feb '16 SynergyWiz 1
More from around the web