Bluetooth wont connect with my computer

Posted in the Bluetooth Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shirley

Glenrothes, UK

#1 Jul 13, 2006
I've been recently having problems with connecting my phone and bluetooth on the computer. Once upon a time I had no problems but the last few days are getting on my nerves, its saying that no devices are found. I can send via bluetooth, mobile to mobile no problem but cant on my computer. I hope I am explaining myself properly, any feedback would be greatly appreciated thank you.
truthADjuster

Lexington, KY

#3 Aug 1, 2006
If you're computer is XP, you still need to click "Receive Files" menu over that tiny blue Bluetooth systray icon. Or find it in the Control Panel.
joslyn

Lebanon, NH

#4 Aug 4, 2006
I just received my new laptop, tried to connect using the bluetooth feature from my phone...it found the device without a problem but its asking me for a security code and a password..where do I find this?
Andy

Eugene, OR

#5 Aug 13, 2006
it is usually "0000" (that's 4 zero's)
shaun

Swansea, UK

#6 Dec 25, 2006
hey ave just got new phone and comp and ave never bloothed my comop before how do i get files of my comp on to the phone?
Chris

Brisbane, Australia

#7 Feb 8, 2007
Hi- i am currently having the same issue- it is coming up with something saying "cannot find the device". ive also tried all of the trouble shoots off of the windows xp website but none of those ideas work. have you found out about fixing this yet??
Shirley wrote:
I've been recently having problems with connecting my phone and bluetooth on the computer. Once upon a time I had no problems but the last few days are getting on my nerves, its saying that no devices are found. I can send via bluetooth, mobile to mobile no problem but cant on my computer. I hope I am explaining myself properly, any feedback would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Since: Feb 07

Philippines

#8 Feb 8, 2007
yah i do have hard time also connecting it to my PC anybody can help me on this
Charlene

Vancouver, Canada

#9 Feb 18, 2007
Hey, I can't find the bluetooth icon on the control panel, its not under printers and other hardward where it's supposed to be. Help.
brian pearce

Hayes, UK

#10 Jun 20, 2007
hi i cant send files to my phone by my bluetooth because it comes up obex needs to be installeed how do i get this? if its possible can u tell me by my address which is pearcebr6@hotmail.com
babar

Nashville, TN

#11 Jun 24, 2007
i have a motorola v557 cell phone, and a bluetooth es - 388 dongle. im trying to use the
dongle on a win2k sp4 machine.

problem 1 - usb port doesnt power the dongle.
problem 2 - installation cd starts installation
in an unrecognizable language. a simple load box
with questionmarks as it unloads the .cab files etc. looks like this -????.cab although it loads the software, i dont get the screen to assign a computer to use it. it just finishes its install and theres a bluetooth icon on my desktop.
problem 3 - no bluetooth device found, well, i kina guessed that since usb isnt powering it on for some reason, when any other usb device is usable and working, like my mouse for instance.

could this be a problem with win2k or the dongle? or both?

Since: Aug 07

Glendale, CA

#12 Aug 29, 2007
i've had the same problem. i'm not sure if this will fix your problem, but I actually just bought a different bluetooth dongle. after plugging the dongle into my usb port of my computer, i was able to create that connection between my pc and my cell phone. im not sure what exactly caused the problem but im guessing it was the bluetooth dongle. i got the jabra bluetooh usb dongle, seen here:

http://www.accessorygeeks.com/jabra-a320-100-...

hope that helps man! goodluck

Since: Aug 07

Glendale, CA

#13 Aug 29, 2007
babar wrote:
i have a motorola v557 cell phone, and a bluetooth es - 388 dongle. im trying to use the
dongle on a win2k sp4 machine.
problem 1 - usb port doesnt power the dongle.
problem 2 - installation cd starts installation
in an unrecognizable language. a simple load box
with questionmarks as it unloads the .cab files etc. looks like this -????.cab although it loads the software, i dont get the screen to assign a computer to use it. it just finishes its install and theres a bluetooth icon on my desktop.
problem 3 - no bluetooth device found, well, i kina guessed that since usb isnt powering it on for some reason, when any other usb device is usable and working, like my mouse for instance.
could this be a problem with win2k or the dongle? or both?
i had the same problem, but i think it was my bluetooth dongle. i just bought a new one, the jabra a320s. you can see it here:

http://www.accessorygeeks.com/jabra-a320-100-...

after i plugged that into my comp, i was able to connect the pc to my cell phone with no problems. hope that helps, goodluck!
Sean

Sydney, Australia

#14 Aug 29, 2007
i have a samsing e250 and im trying to connect to my bluetooth headsett but its asking for a code and i have already tried four zeroes
Jimmi

Harrow, UK

#15 Sep 5, 2007
Sean wrote:
i have a samsing e250 and im trying to connect to my bluetooth headsett but its asking for a code and i have already tried four zeroes
I had the same problem. I thought it was 4 '0's. In fact what I did was to make a randon alfanumeric one which worked!! First I put this new code when prompted on the computer and then typed the same new code on my phone, again when prompted. It worked and then coneccted immediately. good luck
Neon

South Africa

#16 Sep 28, 2007
When I have problems with my phone... I find the following links very usefull!!

http://zombo.com/
http://www.topix.com

Hope it helps!!
Rachael

London, UK

#17 Oct 26, 2007
when i try to install my bluetooth device it says installing for about a minute but then it says "the install wizard engine (ikernal.exe) could not be installed. data error (cyclic redundancy check) does anyone know why it is saying this and how to fix this problem?? If anyone does then please could you email it to me on seaman06@hotmail.co.uk thankz.
Waqar

Karachi, Pakistan

#18 Jan 12, 2008
hi.. i have e250 and i have also the same problem in connecting cell phone with computer its displaying the message that unable to connect pair?? whats the problem???
PCUG

Bronx, NY

#19 Jun 6, 2008
Rachael wrote:
when i try to install my bluetooth device it says installing for about a minute but then it says "the install wizard engine (ikernal.exe) could not be installed. data error (cyclic redundancy check) does anyone know why it is saying this and how to fix this problem?? If anyone does then please could you email it to me on seaman06@hotmail.co.uk thankz.
If the CRC value doesn't match the encoded value in the installer, the file is corrupt. You must get another copy of the software.

PCUG.WS - The Personal Computer User Group, International
jason

UK

#20 Jun 21, 2008
when i bluebooth things to my comp it works, all of a sudden it wont do it. my laptop is windows vista whats wrong
Melanie

Avon, CT

#21 Jun 24, 2008
Sean wrote:
Usually the last four digits of your cell phone number works

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluetooth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bluetooth telephone call audio not working Jul '17 emperels 1
How to change my language M90 plantronics Jun '17 Gail 1
Album of the Isley Brothers the Commodores (Apr '17) Apr '17 Kimberly a1967 1
Plantonics and Toorun comparison (Mar '17) Mar '17 C3PO 1
2 phones in 1 car (Dec '16) Dec '16 Skullkeeper 1
Does bluetooth-speaker send radiation out while... (Nov '16) Nov '16 vitjo 1
News Getting your old headphones to work with the iP... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Crystal_Clear722 7
More from around the web