Looking for a good alarm clock. Any advice?
Posted in the Gadgets Forum
#1 Jan 22, 2012
I got really tired of my current alarm clock -- every time we lose power I have to reset time and alarm settings on it. So I was wondering if any of you have a suggestion for a good alarm clock that you might be using.
I'm looking for an alarm clock to do the following:
1. This one is kinda obvious, but it has to be RELIABLE.(You would be amazed how many alarm clocks out there are not!)
2. I DO NOT need any radio player, CD/DVD player, MP3 player, Internet/WiFi player, etc. built into it.
3. ALL it needs to play is that "annoying" beeping sound that needs to wake me up.
4. It must have a "snooze" option, or have an ability to keep playing every 5 or 10 minutes after the initial alarm/wake-up time until I manually cancel it.
5. It must have a built-in battery (better rechargeable), as well as also plug into the wall outlet. This is CRUCIAL so that the alarm clock has a fail-safe mechanism against the loss of power.
6. It will be VERY NICE if it had an ability to synchronize time over WiFi or somehow else. There's nothing more annoying when an alarm clock time slowly drifts away, or when I have to manually adjust it for the daylight saving change. All that must be AUTOMATED.
7. It would be nice if it had an option for several alarm settings: alarm time for each work day and also for Saturday and Sunday.(Obviously with different settings for each weekday.)
8. Well, this one is not that important, but it would be nice if the alarm clock was not big. I mean all I see now in stores looks like Boomboxes, or stereo systems. Can they make something small?
Anyway, is there an alarm clock for my needs? I'd appreciate your suggestions...
Add your comments below
|Directly Recover Deleted Contacts for Samsung G... (May '13)||Feb '18||Rob in Vancouver||47|
|The Rechargeable T-002 120DB Bicycle Electric H...||Feb '18||NewYorkView||1|
|Samsung Reportedly Manufacturing Chips For Bitc...||Jan '18||wxxyz||1|
|Google Wants To Control Your Home (May '11)||Jan '18||C Kersey||3|
|I can't delete any ringtones off my Motorola V3... (May '07)||Dec '17||Alice Meng||78|
|Program remote||Oct '17||Jacque||1|
|The SQ9 Infrared Night Vision Motion Detection ... (Aug '17)||Aug '17||NewYorkView||1|
Find what you want!
Search Gadgets Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC