2007 BMW 750Li - love the drive but s...

2007 BMW 750Li - love the drive but save us from iDrive

There are 10 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Jun 8, 2007, titled 2007 BMW 750Li - love the drive but save us from iDrive. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

If you had to name one production car that is loaded with more technology, performance and luxury than anything else on the road you could make an excellent argument for the BMW 7-Series. After a week behind the wheel of the flagship Bimmer, a stretched 750Li outfitted with a potent V-8 engine, we had barely scratched through the surface layer of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

Darrell

Oceanside, CA

#1 Feb 23, 2010
Love the car and find the idrive to be very easy to operate.

Since: May 10

India

#2 May 16, 2010
BMW's press release detailing the unveiling of the new 2007 MINI Cooper and Cooper S came video of the car's tooling around the English countryside.
Itisa drug

Eureka, CA

#3 May 16, 2010
BMWs are a wonderful drive but along with the IDrive system there are 2 other problems with them.

The leather seats are hard and uncomfortable on long drives. Over a lengthy period they do not "break down" and get any softer. They should be a plusher or suede leather.
The design is old. Other than the kidney grill they look much the same as so many other cars. It's overtime for some new, different physical appearance.

This applies to just about 99 9/10ths of all cars for the last 20 yrs or so.
Way back when you could tell the make and model of almost any car by it's design at a distance. They all are quite boring to look at.

Hey, BMW get some youthful designers that are not hung up on computer chips to work for you.
Vroom Vroom

San Francisco, CA

#4 May 16, 2010
It's a wonderful car, remove the catalytic conversion, and switch the computer chip for 2X the fuel and 4X the power!
Itisa drug

Eureka, CA

#5 May 16, 2010
Vroom Vroom wrote:
It's a wonderful car, remove the catalytic conversion, and switch the computer chip for 2X the fuel and 4X the power!
Ummm?? How do you intend to get 2X fuel with 4X power?
The V8 has a lot more power as it is along with the sport car.
ekarider

Aptos, CA

#6 May 16, 2010
Just more cockpit gadgetry to overload today's already overly distracted motorist. It's getting pretty bad when one almost has to take a class in Dashboard 101 just to be able to operate the vehicle's components in many of today's newer vehicles. Talk about spelling more trouble for vulnerable road users.
cjh

Culver City, CA

#7 May 16, 2010
ekarider wrote:
Just more cockpit gadgetry to overload today's already overly distracted motorist. It's getting pretty bad when one almost has to take a class in Dashboard 101 just to be able to operate the vehicle's components in many of today's newer vehicles. Talk about spelling more trouble for vulnerable road users.
Go back to simple. And, if you plan to keep any car beyond the warranty period, be prepared to spend major bucks.
ekarider

Aptos, CA

#8 May 16, 2010
Yes, "kiss" is the answer(keep it simple,stupid; not the rock group), and believe me, I'm keeping my dashboard simple. Only one button for six functions.
Itisa drug

Eureka, CA

#9 May 16, 2010
I forgot to mention I got a manual shift so I wouldn't have to be bothered by the IDrive.

I also have written to BMW a couple of times about what I consider, as do many others, about the concept of KISS but they have never replied.
They ask for input but I get the feeling they ignore what they don't agree with.

I really love mine but I will look at others for my next car as I prefer an automatic. Whoever has the basic luxery and handling, etc will probably get my money next time.
Bluesman

United States

#10 May 17, 2010
Traded in Mama's BMW 2 years ago for an Audi A8, The Quatro All Wheel Drive is a wonderful thing around here. One of the most comfortable and responsive cars I have ever owned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gadgets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nova Scotia virtual walks offer insight into wo... Jul 2 Saulnierville ear... 1
News Xbox One Sales Continue To Disappoint In Japan Jun 23 TreboRoberT 1
News Gogoro Smartscooter Goes On Sale Jun 21 TW_sugar_daddio 12
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung... (Aug '13) Jun 15 MayLeo 16
How to transfer Nokia contacts to Android Phone? (Nov '13) Jun 15 Ksoko 5
News This cock ring quantifies your sex life Jun '15 Fa-Foxy 1
How to convert TS to MP4 on windows? (Mar '10) Jun '15 reasonforgood 15
More from around the web