Mich. teens charged with murder over $3

Three teens accused of beating a man to death in the middle of an intersection during a robbery that netted only $3 have been charged with murder, authorities said. Full Story
anonymous of course

United States

#124 Apr 29, 2009
i knew carlos. and i dated chris.. i believe that 28 years is way too long especially being convicted at 17. I understand that they took a man's life.. but 17 years old is still a kid. unless there was evidence of the murder being planned. i don't find the murder intentional.
being that young of course they don't know when to stop.. theyre still learning. and they sure as hell aren't adults. now theyre becoming an adult in jail. And when chris gets out at the age of 45... he'll be midlife knowing that he was locked away for a crime he committed when he was 17. what if they were 16?? or 15?? it would be different. i believe in second chances as well. this murder doesnt sound intentional at all and barely investigated.

im sure the first week they were scared shitless. then when theyve found out they have years to serve? thats a big piece of life wasted over a sad decision.. that was unintentional.

if only the guy lived it would all be a different story. so they deserve to serve a bit of time.. 15-28 years is extreme. they didnt know when to stop.

as for Steve.. no he didnt deserve to die. but he couldve made a decision to not get involved. keep walking.. or ignore.. no one knew it would result to this.
Mike

Westland, MI

#125 Apr 29, 2009
They should have been sent to jail for life.

always get involved, never ignore, our streets, our city, it's not some group of punk @ss kids!
Government Foe

Dearborn, MI

#126 Apr 29, 2009
anonymous of course wrote:
i knew carlos. and i dated chris.. i believe that 28 years is way too long especially being convicted at 17. I understand that they took a man's life.. but 17 years old is still a kid. unless there was evidence of the murder being planned. i don't find the murder intentional.
being that young of course they don't know when to stop.. theyre still learning. and they sure as hell aren't adults. now theyre becoming an adult in jail. And when chris gets out at the age of 45... he'll be midlife knowing that he was locked away for a crime he committed when he was 17. what if they were 16?? or 15?? it would be different. i believe in second chances as well. this murder doesnt sound intentional at all and barely investigated.
im sure the first week they were scared shitless. then when theyve found out they have years to serve? thats a big piece of life wasted over a sad decision.. that was unintentional.
if only the guy lived it would all be a different story. so they deserve to serve a bit of time.. 15-28 years is extreme. they didnt know when to stop.
as for Steve.. no he didnt deserve to die. but he couldve made a decision to not get involved. keep walking.. or ignore.. no one knew it would result to this.
BULLSHIT! When will your fools stop the pity party for the criminal element? A person is dead due to the stupidity of another. At least that little prick is allowed to live. He should have been shot the moment he was convicted.

17 is OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE FROM RIGHT AND WRONG....PERIOD! Even 8 year old kids are aware of that.
family member

Detroit, MI

#127 Apr 29, 2009
i am a familt member of william and carlos..and i no wut they did was very very wrong,but they were young and stupid.they think about what happened every day and they feel very bad,they feel as if they shouldnt even live.now dont get me wrong i am not making any kind of excuse for what they have done because i no if they table's were turned i would want the men who killed a friend/family member of mine to pay.i'v had it happen to me b-4,but i found it in my heart to forgive that person who killed my son.but i have come to relize that god does everything for a reason,and this was a very big eye opener for william and carlos they have changed their ways and now have god
Government Foe

Dearborn, MI

#128 Apr 30, 2009
family member wrote:
i am a familt member of william and carlos..and i no wut they did was very very wrong,but they were young and stupid.they think about what happened every day and they feel very bad,they feel as if they shouldnt even live.now dont get me wrong i am not making any kind of excuse for what they have done because i no if they table's were turned i would want the men who killed a friend/family member of mine to pay.i'v had it happen to me b-4,but i found it in my heart to forgive that person who killed my son.but i have come to relize that god does everything for a reason,and this was a very big eye opener for william and carlos they have changed their ways and now have god
How interesting it seems that convicts always find God. I never knew he became lost so much in prison.
loved one

Byron Center, MI

#129 May 10, 2009
yea well i knew all of them....they were all so sweet and i miss them all. dnt talk shit
A voice for the dead

Harrisburg, OH

#130 Apr 26, 2010
You know, what you say may be true. I went to high school with Steve Dingman and he partied then, so did I. I had a troubled past, fortunately I grew up and got myself some therapy and didn't end up like Steve, I have to wonder what kept him from getting help or "fighting his daemons." My point is this, to speak ill of the dead is WRONG on all counts, he has paid the price for anything and everything he may have done...HE IS DEAD, and not by his own hand, may he rest in peace as it is probably the only peace he has ever known. To say that he is as bad as those who killed him is ridiculous, did he kill someone? If so then I stand corrected, otherwise....lets have some respect for the dead! Just a thought!
WayneHighStudent wrote:
Steven Dingman was no better though I must admit, I have found him under my car on several occasions drinking a 40 oz malt liquor. Everytime I told him to leave he got very irate with me and one time he threatened to let "his dog" bite me which was appearently at "his house." I told him to go ahead and do that and then I phoned the Wayne Police Department.
A voice for the dead

Harrisburg, OH

#131 Apr 26, 2010
Unknown wrote:
<quoted text>I checked the minutes for that meeting on line and there was nothing on the record in writing. The wonderful City of Wayne claims that they do not keep tapes on the Council Meeting...they say they tape over each meeting. What did the Youth Assistanct Director say?? The City needs to stop funding this so called program with tax payers money.
So what is the answer? Because these boys were or are ill they should get off? or just go to a mental hospital, be treated then released? This is a HUGE problem too. I am familiar with bi-polar too and in a situation when violence of this nature has occurred, when a person is CAPABLE of committing such an act, then rehabilitation is just dangerous. Do you want them to be your neighbor? Would you feel safe leaving your kids home alone with them living next door? Anyone who knows anything about bi-polar also knows that when the patient is taking their meds life is better, then they think they don't need them anymore and they quit taking them...So, a violent bi-polar person cannot be released to kill again. Do you watch the news? So many crimes could have been prevented if our judicial system would keep VIOLENT offenders behind bars. Nothing pisses me off more than locking up non-violent offenders for years and releasing sex-offenders, rapists, and murders because someone seems to think they can be rehabilitated....This needs to be RE-CONSIDERED!
A voice for the dead

Harrisburg, OH

#132 Apr 26, 2010
family member wrote:
i am a familt member of william and carlos..and i no wut they did was very very wrong,but they were young and stupid.they think about what happened every day and they feel very bad,they feel as if they shouldnt even live.now dont get me wrong i am not making any kind of excuse for what they have done because i no if they table's were turned i would want the men who killed a friend/family member of mine to pay.i'v had it happen to me b-4,but i found it in my heart to forgive that person who killed my son.but i have come to relize that god does everything for a reason,and this was a very big eye opener for william and carlos they have changed their ways and now have god
I am sorry but God did not take Steve's life, these young men did and they were found guilty. If they were not made to pay for their crime I fear they would end up just like Steve. I have read that Steve was a "junkie" apparently a life that was not worth living so "God" had his reason for taking it. Well, I pray that Steve is resting in God's arms now because it occurs to me that no one gave a damn about him when he was alive or he wouldn't have been a "junkie" in the first place...People that know love don't usually DIE junkies...I mean I know they do sometimes, it just sounds to me that Steve was pretty alone as I have read all of these posts and while there are general post stating he didn't deserve to die, my post is the only one I saw that admitted to knowing him and I knew him a lifetime ago...so where's the love? Where is his family and friends? Did he have a funeral? I heard about his death just today and it took me three hours to find anything at all about it and I have to say I am relieved to know that SOMEONE PAID THE PRICE for my old high-school friend that I once, unknowingly, chased the demons with. Don't misunderstand me, I wouldn't want anyone to think MY life was worthless...I am not now, nor have I ever been a junkie. Back in high school, I drank and smoked pot to try and fit in and I had no ideal why I felt I needed to do that. When I grew up, I dismissed it as being the "70's." Much later, an abusive past was discovered in therapy. I thank MY God that I had someone that loved me and was educated enough to keep me from turning into my old high-school friend Steve.
GET HOOKED ON PHONICS

Romulus, MI

#133 May 5, 2010
You spell like you think STUPID!
family member wrote:
i am a familt member of william and carlos..and i no wut they did was very very wrong,but they were young and stupid.they think about what happened every day and they feel very bad,they feel as if they shouldnt even live.now dont get me wrong i am not making any kind of excuse for what they have done because i no if they table's were turned i would want the men who killed a friend/family member of mine to pay.i'v had it happen to me b-4,but i found it in my heart to forgive that person who killed my son.but i have come to relize that god does everything for a reason,and this was a very big eye opener for william and carlos they have changed their ways and now have god
mma fighter

Romulus, MI

#134 May 5, 2010
I honestly cannot believe what I just read. Are you an idiot or just like them and don't give a shit about someones life. If that is the company you surround yourself with you'll be dead or in jail along with them. You need to go see a doctor and get your head examined for stupidity. I only wished I was there instead of Steve cause Carlos and Chris would of been taking a trip to the hospital and Steve would still be with us. The problem with this country is we have too many idiots like yourself who say to walk away and mind your own business while someone is being criminally assaulted. If that would of happened they would of been doing the same thing to someone else another day. THEY WOULD OF GOT LIFE IF I WAS THE JUDGE.
anonymous of course wrote:
i knew carlos. and i dated chris.. i believe that 28 years is way too long especially being convicted at 17. I understand that they took a man's life.. but 17 years old is still a kid. unless there was evidence of the murder being planned. i don't find the murder intentional.
being that young of course they don't know when to stop.. theyre still learning. and they sure as hell aren't adults. now theyre becoming an adult in jail. And when chris gets out at the age of 45... he'll be midlife knowing that he was locked away for a crime he committed when he was 17. what if they were 16?? or 15?? it would be different. i believe in second chances as well. this murder doesnt sound intentional at all and barely investigated.
im sure the first week they were scared shitless. then when theyve found out they have years to serve? thats a big piece of life wasted over a sad decision.. that was unintentional.
if only the guy lived it would all be a different story. so they deserve to serve a bit of time.. 15-28 years is extreme. they didnt know when to stop.
as for Steve.. no he didnt deserve to die. but he couldve made a decision to not get involved. keep walking.. or ignore.. no one knew it would result to this.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#135 Jul 18, 2010
mma fighter wrote:
THEY WOULD OF GOT LIFE IF I WAS THE JUDGE.<quoted text>
I wish they would have gotten life. How idiotic for someone to say the murderers now know it was wrong and they feel bad. Are you kidding me? "feel bad?" awe guess what? No sympathy from me, losers. They deserve life.
yomomma

Dearborn, MI

#136 Jul 22, 2010
Did Steve have a brother named Dave ? I went to wayne in 1990
annon

Westland, MI

#137 Nov 12, 2010
I have known the entire family for a while, and they are completely messed up. you can tell there was very little to no discipline in that house. Steve Dingman did have his demons, but nothing justifies murdering him. I believe that the punishment for thier crime wasn't enough, they should have been locked up for life.
dont worry about it

Columbus, OH

#138 Dec 15, 2010
i love reading these comments. carlos & billy were not as sweet as everyone thinks. if there so sweet why did carlos stab someone while in jail, and get more time stacked onto his time. they both are still a level 4, while chris hasnt been in any trouble & is now considered a level 2 & is in a level 2 prison. chris will get out before his 28 years. & stevens family dont act so sad. i remember sitting in that court room listening to everyone cry for chris, billy & carlos, while that family laughed it away talking about SPONGEBOB. Idk about you, but if my family member was murdered there is noo way i'd be sitting in the court room laughing & talking about spongebob. absolutely rediculous. no one knows what really happened. & there was no eye witnesses you idiot, cause if there was do you think steven would be dead? uhm, no. so just stfu until you know something.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#139 Dec 15, 2010
open minded wrote:
What ever happened to inocent until proven guilty! Has anyone been tried yet! Has anyone listened to their story yet? The man was not just poor with no job. He was a Junkey that also made troble and was in and out of jail. I hear 10 different stories. And Yes the michigan education and welfare sucks, so does the whole USA. So I suppose we will see alot more of this. PEOPLE ARE HUNGRY right here, and the school funds are cut down to nothing! So blame the Government. Why do you think there is so much violence in poor countrys. Well ours is headed the same direction.
WHY DO WE THINK THERE IS SO MUCH VIOLENCE IN POOR COUNTRYS?
UM, BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAN'T SPELL WORTH A DAMN AND SO FAIL TO GET GOOD JOB OFFERS WHICH LEADS TO CRIME?
SPELLING LESSON TIME:
INOCENT spelled CORRECTLY is INNOCENT. JUNKY is spelled JUNKIE. TROBLE spelled correctly is TROUBLE. michigan is CAPITALIZED as in Michigan. alot is TWO SEPARATE WORDS as in A LOT AND COUNTRY'S correctly spelled is COUNTRIES.
Perhaps you people should focus a bit more on SCHOOL and a LOT less on your stupid ghetto music. You have schools. GO TO THEM! Quit making EXCUSES for your criminal behavior.
The problem is that you don't have good teachers. If your teachers are to COWARDLY to CORRECT your SPEECH and SPELLING, then they aren't worth what you are paying your tax's for. I mean, if you people are STILL using words like CONVERSATE, CONVERSATING, CONVERSATED and AX in place of ASK after you graduate, then you have teachers who aren't worth a shit. Time to fire some and replace them with those who CAN spell and SPEAK correctly as well as teach other classes, such as Math, properly.
Tell me, if it were a BLACK JUNKIE who was beaten to death by WHITE kids, would YOU SAY that THEY should be considered INNOCENT until proven guilty? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!
observer

Westland, MI

#140 Jan 5, 2011
I think the area's huge krakow ghetto sewer rat populous is raping and murdering more humans than african americans ever did.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#141 Jan 29, 2011
observer wrote:
I think the area's huge krakow ghetto sewer rat populous is raping and murdering more humans than african americans ever did.
Well, are the prisons so full of those Afreakin Bush Babies because being in prison will assure that they are kept safe from the "krakow ghetto sewer rats"?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#142 Jan 29, 2011
observer wrote:
I think the area's huge krakow ghetto sewer rat populous is raping and murdering more humans than african americans ever did.
Wait! You are either black or desperate enough to be screwing one.*shudders*

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#143 Jan 29, 2011
anonymous of course wrote:
i knew carlos. and i dated chris.. i believe that 28 years is way too long especially being convicted at 17. I understand that they took a man's life.. but 17 years old is still a kid. unless there was evidence of the murder being planned. i don't find the murder intentional.
being that young of course they don't know when to stop.. theyre still learning. and they sure as hell aren't adults. now theyre becoming an adult in jail. And when chris gets out at the age of 45... he'll be midlife knowing that he was locked away for a crime he committed when he was 17. what if they were 16?? or 15?? it would be different. i believe in second chances as well. this murder doesnt sound intentional at all and barely investigated.
im sure the first week they were scared shitless. then when theyve found out they have years to serve? thats a big piece of life wasted over a sad decision.. that was unintentional.
if only the guy lived it would all be a different story. so they deserve to serve a bit of time.. 15-28 years is extreme. they didnt know when to stop.
as for Steve.. no he didnt deserve to die. but he couldve made a decision to not get involved. keep walking.. or ignore.. no one knew it would result to this.
Anonymous Of Course: You freaking COWARD. Back your mouth up with a name. You are an IDIOT. At 17 years old they are NOT "kids". Why is it you little fools want to be treated like ADULTS when you want your "rights" but when you get into ADULT trouble, you now want to be treated like KIDS? You can NOT have it both ways. You are either KIDS or you are adults. If you are "kids" then you need to be home before 10:00 and in bed. If you want to be "adults" then whatever happens while you are out running the streets, you need to accept adult responsibility for. Idiot kids!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gadgets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to recover deleted contacts from Samsung No... (Mar '14) Mon Psoter 7
How to convert TS to MP4 on windows? (Mar '10) Sep 27 mankeedly 14
Cosmic dust definitely clouded Big Bang researc... Sep 24 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Would you want a Fish Tank Coffee Table? Sep 19 Rob H 1
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung... (Aug '13) Sep 12 Anonymous 12
cd-r king solar panels - good review Sep 9 erap 2
Directly Recover Deleted Contacts for Samsung G... (May '13) Sep 9 afeie1 41

Gadgets People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE