I can't delete any ringtones off my Motorola V3 Razr. Help!

Posted in the Gadgets Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
dcourt16

Singapore, Singapore

#1 May 26, 2007
Every single time I try to delete ringtones off my Moto Razr, it doesn't do anything and just brings me back to the previous screen. I tried to delete it off the phone after attaching it to the computer (using Mobile Phonetools) and it still won't let me delete them. Does anyone out there know what to do??
desichick

AOL

#2 Jun 5, 2007
since u already hav the program for putting the razr on the computer. put all of ur pictures and videos on to ur computer and save them. place all of ur numbas on the sim. then go to ur settings and find master clear. and clear it. then u can put ur stuff bck on. da same thing just happened to me 1 week ago. gud luck.
Young C

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Jun 9, 2007
Thanx That Worked
kiki m

Queens Village, NY

#4 Jul 5, 2007
thanks this helped me alot
keyaria

Queens Village, NY

#5 Jul 5, 2007
where is master clear in settings i dont see it
ABCD

United States

#6 Jul 8, 2007
umm i did master clear it just deleted my wallpapers and some songs but not the ringtones :/
chefyan

Hays, KS

#7 Jul 9, 2007
i got a motorola razr v3 and i cant find the master clear or anything and i got these weird things in my ring tines that look like this j~h72g can any one tell me how to get rid of it
chefyan

Hays, KS

#8 Jul 9, 2007
ok here is how you clear every thing off your razr v3 i did it while i was massing with it ok when you are on the main screen press the middle button wich brings you to the menue then click on setting go down till you get to inhitial setup inwich you need to go down till you get to master clear click master clear and w8 till it says its been completed then it is back to factory settings
Sam

Superior, WI

#9 Jul 11, 2007
Is it possible to convert the songs you store onto your phone to be able to play as your ringtones??? Everytime I try to move the files, they won't move. I have a V3xx I can't figure it out.
jlekmpls

Salt Lake City, UT

#10 Jul 13, 2007
It is possible, sort of. I have a motorola v3xx and discovered you cannot use an entire song as your ringtone. Anything over 30 seconds doesn't register. What you have to do is crop the song down to about 30 seconds using any sort of software program that lets you edit down an MPEG4 file.(I just use my Nero software on my home pc and then convert through iTunes.) Once you do all that, then you can transfer it back to your phone.

It's a time consuming pain, but in the end, you won't have to pay $2.50 for a 15 sec. ring tone from AT&T (or whatever provider you are using).
Sam wrote:
Is it possible to convert the songs you store onto your phone to be able to play as your ringtones??? Everytime I try to move the files, they won't move. I have a V3xx I can't figure it out.
confused

Ronkonkoma, NY

#11 Jul 13, 2007
chefyan wrote:
ok here is how you clear every thing off your razr v3 i did it while i was massing with it ok when you are on the main screen press the middle button wich brings you to the menue then click on setting go down till you get to inhitial setup inwich you need to go down till you get to master clear click master clear and w8 till it says its been completed then it is back to factory settings
i tried this, but when i clicked on master clear i was asked for the security code. i never set up a security code on my phone.
sam B

Joliet, IL

#13 Jul 17, 2007
hey i got a razr from a friend and my sister recrded something stupid on it, she wanted me to use it as my ringtone for her but i want it off how do i do that?
mary

Carol Stream, IL

#14 Jul 18, 2007
motorola razr v3 - i was able to delete ringtones before and now my phone won't download them, and won't let me delete any ringtones. it's the same problem as the first poster, but i don't have "mobile phonetools" or whatever. help?
jane

Philippines

#15 Jul 19, 2007
ive got a moto v3 ive already finish the master but still the tones are there....what should i do? its freakin me out.....
Kyle

Plano, TX

#16 Jul 21, 2007
I had Prelude 12/21 by afi as my ringtone. it's
like 1:30. i ripped it at 64kbps and it worked just fine
nasa

London, UK

#17 Jul 23, 2007
how the hell put songs on your moto v3 wen i put the link in all it did was make the sound wen u put a normal usb product in.can any 1 tell me howw i can send song or piks from my p.c(which is vista)to my motorola v3.......
plz help me
someone

Sheffield, UK

#18 Jul 28, 2007
this one is f*****g p*****g me off
anonymous

El Paso, TX

#19 Aug 1, 2007
IF YOU WANT TO DELETE YOUR RINGTONES THIS IS HOW:

CLICK MENU

GO TO "GET IT NOW"

SELECT "GET TUNES & TONES"

GO ALL THE WAY DOWN TO WHERE YOU SEE YOUR RINGTONES AND CLICK ERASE
Johnny82

Opelika, AL

#20 Aug 2, 2007
I have the same problem as a couple of previous posters. My V3 Razr will not delete ringtones, and when I download ringtones, it will hit 100%, and tell me that the download is finished, but it doesn't save it to the phone anywhere? Is there any solution to this. Also, will the master reset delete your phonebook as well?
wateva

Hollywood, FL

#21 Aug 8, 2007
tha ringtones do go to ur phone in soundz all tha way at tha bottom iz where uur ringtone will b

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gadgets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Your old laptop's battery will light homes in d... Dec 10 Kid_Tomorrow 1
When Fashion Meets Tech In China Dec 10 New Chihna 1
Playstation celebrates its 20th birthday with a... Dec 3 Ambra 1
Directly Recover Deleted Contacts for Samsung G... (May '13) Dec 1 Timotion 48
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung... (Aug '13) Nov 30 Leona 15
How to recover deleted contacts from Samsung No... (Mar '14) Nov 30 Althea 9
Converting human waste into rocket fuel Nov 28 Andarz Abedini 1
More from around the web