Cheapskates will spend if goods help ...

Cheapskates will spend if goods help save money

There are 2 comments on the The Reporter story from Sep 6, 2010, titled Cheapskates will spend if goods help save money. In it, The Reporter reports that:

How do you get penny pinchers to spend these days? Pitch products that promise to save them money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

jose

Hayward, CA

#1 Sep 6, 2010
Being a "cheapskate" and a common sense person. just saving money with things that I buy is not enough. It must also last and be simple.
I am so tired of this "throw away mentality". So much for recycling.
Lady of the Lake

Oakland, CA

#2 Sep 6, 2010
I don't like the term "cheapskate." We might go with "Wise consumer." Some items don't compute. The best guideline is to divide the price of the item by the number of times it will be used. If something costs $20, you would be paying one dollar each time you used it, if you used it 20 times. In some instances, that would be foolish.

If you will only save a few cents by using an item, the item would have to be REALLY cheap to make it worthwhile to buy it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gadgets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Researchers boost solar energy by tapping infra... Tue Solarman 1
News Nova Scotia virtual walks offer insight into wo... Jul 2 Saulnierville ear... 1
News Xbox One Sales Continue To Disappoint In Japan Jun '15 TreboRoberT 1
News Gogoro Smartscooter Goes On Sale Jun '15 TW_sugar_daddio 12
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung... (Aug '13) Jun '15 MayLeo 13
How to transfer Nokia contacts to Android Phone? (Jun '14) Jun '15 Ksoko 4
News This cock ring quantifies your sex life Jun '15 Fa-Foxy 1
More from around the web