#1 Apr 8, 2010
I AM A STUDENT AT ARMSTRONG STABLES AND
CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THE PEOPLE AND THE
INSTRUCTOR'S THERE.

THE LESSONS ARE FUN AND YOU LEARN SO MUCH
DURING EACH LESSON.

I PLAN TO CONTINUE MY LESSONS FOR A LONG TIME,
JUST BECAUSE I GET SO MUCH ENJOYMENT AND LOVE
INTERACTING WITH THE HORSES AND THE PEOPLE THERE.

THANK YOU PAM (that's my instructor) FOR ALL
YOUR PATIENCE AND INSTRUCTION!
Kendra

Fresno, CA

#2 Apr 13, 2010
I used to ride out there as a child. What do lessons cost these days? I recently moved back to Fresno and would like to get my 6-year-old daughter into riding...
SHAWNEE

Walla Walla, WA

#3 Sep 25, 2010
I ALSO USE TO RIDE THERE WAY BACK IN THE MID 70'S WOW THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO. WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME PICS. IF ANYONE WAS ANY TO SHARE. DO THEY STILL RENT OUT HORSE'S WHEN I RODE THERE CLAY WAS IN CHARGE OF THE RENTLY HORSE'S AND FEEDING. BLINDA WAS MY INSTUERT
namewitheld

Redondo Beach, CA

#4 Jan 16, 2012
I too used to ride there in the mid 70's. I remember Clay and Belinda. Lesson horses were Snoopy, Percy. Gozo, April, Surprise, Rosie...Still think about the place often. Surprised to find it's still there. It also has a Facebook page.
Jenny in Fresno

Fresno, CA

#5 Feb 26, 2012
I grew up at Armstrong. It was so busy and fun. Horseshows every month. I loved hanging out with Clay and miss him so much. Would love some pics if anyone has any. jenawilhelm@at.net
Namewithheld

Redondo Beach, CA

#6 Apr 5, 2013
RIP Gwen Kovacevich. D: Jan 2012. I remember you ( in the 70's) sitting in Baby's stall ( the pony that you had by then, out-grown, but still loved), doing your homework. I also remember when your sister Geri went away to college and her horse Buck essentially became yours- It was obvious you missed your sister, but you were overjoyed at having Buck to yourself. ( He was a great horse and a perfect gentleman). I can't say we were friends, but I did look up to you and was in awe of the ability you had with horses. Shit, at 15 you could ride anything , and you were the only one people trusted to exercise their horses. It bums me out to know that you are gone. Say hi to Buck and Baby and all the rest of the horses we both knew at the stable. Happy Trails.
Horsey

United States

#9 Aug 26, 2014
Can anyone please tell me how much it costs to take lessons here?
ALL DETAILS PLEASE:)
THANKS
jen

Petaluma, CA

#10 Jun 27, 2015
SHAWNEE wrote:
I ALSO USE TO RIDE THERE WAY BACK IN THE MID 70'S WOW THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO. WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME PICS. IF ANYONE WAS ANY TO SHARE. DO THEY STILL RENT OUT HORSE'S WHEN I RODE THERE CLAY WAS IN CHARGE OF THE RENTLY HORSE'S AND FEEDING. BLINDA WAS MY INSTUERT
I rode there also, 1972, clay was in charge of the rental horses. I rode a pony named Snickers. At the time my parents both died. Clay was a grumpy old man, but he let me ride Snickers for free when he found out about my parents.
JoJensen

Walnut Creek, CA

#11 Dec 24, 2015
Anyone around who took lessons from Kathy Jensen? If so, I have a box of pictures that she took over the years of her students and would love it if someone wanted to have them.(Kat died in 2008 and I haven't been able to bring myself to get rid of them even though I have no idea who may be in them.)
JennJackson

United States

#12 Jul 9, 2016
Hi my name is Jennifer and I took lessons from Kathy back in the mid 80's. I know Im about 7 months late in responding to your post but if you still have any pics from then I would love to see them.
Steph

Clovis, CA

#13 Aug 17, 2016
My name is Steph, I rode out there too. What happened to Kathy? I'd LOVE to see those pics.
Terri W

Roseville, CA

#14 Feb 17, 2017
I road there back in the 70's & 80's. Clay was in charge of the rentals. Those horses were the ones I learned to ride on before I sponsored the two horses and eventually learned how much I loved to jump. I use to watch Kathy Jensen and her appy gelding and I watched Gwen & Geri ride their horses. After I moved out of state I was able to get involved in horses again and have had several thanks to my experiences at Armstrong Stabbles.
B thompson

United States

#15 Jun 13, 2017
How do I get a hold of anyone who lives at or manages the barn? Thanks!
Ouchmyass

United States

#16 Jun 24, 2017
Horsey wrote:
Can anyone please tell me how much it costs to take lessons here?
ALL DETAILS PLEASE:)
THANKS
$7,000 per hour. If you have sex with one of the horses on camera, there's a 33% discount.
MaryApper

Fresno, CA

#17 Jan 1, 2018
JoJensen wrote:
Anyone around who took lessons from Kathy Jensen? If so, I have a box of pictures that she took over the years of her students and would love it if someone wanted to have them.(Kat died in 2008 and I haven't been able to bring myself to get rid of them even though I have no idea who may be in them.)
I rode with Kathy from age 6 into my late teens. I would love to see the pictures! Please contact me maryapper@rocketmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fresno Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fresno State Professor Randa Jarrar Fri Dowser 5
Fresno professor Fri Dowser 1
News Outrage as California prof calls Barbara Bush '... Thu Dowser 6
Professor Apr 18 Dowser 1
Poll Police should have a Psych evaluation to determ... (Feb '15) Apr 11 ACLU 93
Jon Paul Guzman Con Man (May '17) Apr 7 Marko 14
Kid Finds Dead Bodies In Fresno Dirt Field (Cop... Apr 4 Kira 7

Fresno Jobs

Personal Finance

Fresno Mortgages