Man charged in strip club stabbing

Man charged in strip club stabbing

There are 89 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jan 10, 2008, titled Man charged in strip club stabbing. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Police say a Maynard man stabbed another man multiple times in the parking lot of The Other Side strip club on Water Street early Wednesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
not surprised

Boston, MA

#1 Jan 10, 2008
one more thing to add to the LONG list of reasons that place should just be shut down!!!
Jack

United States

#3 Jan 10, 2008
At least he dressed up for court.
Bob

United States

#4 Jan 10, 2008
My guess is that Mr. Santisteban is not a US citizen. If he doesn't have a visa deport him. If he does have a visa, cancel it then deport him.

Since: Nov 07

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Jan 10, 2008
not surprised wrote:
one more thing to add to the LONG list of reasons that place should just be shut down!!!
Nah.... let's just put another lovely scumbag club exactly like it across the street.
Fitchburg resident

Boynton Beach, FL

#6 Jan 10, 2008
I wish they would shut down that strip club once and for all. I only live about 1/2 mile from there and don't even like my kids to pass by there. I don't feel it is safe in many ways.
Lisa

Westminster, MA

#7 Jan 10, 2008
Bob wrote:
My guess is that Mr. Santisteban is not a US citizen. If he doesn't have a visa deport him. If he does have a visa, cancel it then deport him.
either way deport him
Go Girl

United States

#8 Jan 10, 2008
It has nothing to do with the place this is about the City of Fitchburg and what it draws as far as people.
I have known of strip clubs that have run very well in other cities, it is about the people not the place. There isn't much class, or good character and what is left of it we are struggling to keep. The city is turning into a ghetto. It is of high violence, drug dealing and Spanish who need to get a job. If they worked hard for the money they wouldn't be out getting in fights and brawls and dealing drugs they would be in bed at a decent hour to go to work for a living. I am not putting all Spanish down there are a lot of good ones hard working and honest; and if I were of their heritage I would be ashamed which I'm sure they are of the name these losers are given the good ones out there.
PS: you go BOB!
Concerned

Clinton, MA

#9 Jan 10, 2008
WAKE UP LICENSING COMMISSION!!! Rather than holding hearings to possibly grant more liguor licenses, you should be holding hearings about which ones need to be REVOKED!
NO NEW LIQUOR LICENSES IN FITCHBURG !!! THIS IS CASE AND POINT...it is only a matter of time before it happens again. And, if you open another establishment across the street, the odds of it happening sooner just went up 10 fold.

“Local News”

Since: Jan 08

Fitchburg

#10 Jan 10, 2008
I agree with you 100% Well said!!
Concerned wrote:
WAKE UP LICENSING COMMISSION!!! Rather than holding hearings to possibly grant more liguor licenses, you should be holding hearings about which ones need to be REVOKED!
NO NEW LIQUOR LICENSES IN FITCHBURG !!! THIS IS CASE AND POINT...it is only a matter of time before it happens again. And, if you open another establishment across the street, the odds of it happening sooner just went up 10 fold.
BOBsaget

Nashua, NH

#11 Jan 10, 2008
Heres a funny video concerning strippers by Chris Rock

http://youtube.com/watch...
Melissa

Hyannis, MA

#12 Jan 10, 2008
Go Girl wrote:
It has nothing to do with the place this is about the City of Fitchburg and what it draws as far as people.
I have known of strip clubs that have run very well in other cities, it is about the people not the place. There isn't much class, or good character and what is left of it we are struggling to keep. The city is turning into a ghetto. It is of high violence, drug dealing and Spanish who need to get a job. If they worked hard for the money they wouldn't be out getting in fights and brawls and dealing drugs they would be in bed at a decent hour to go to work for a living. I am not putting all Spanish down there are a lot of good ones hard working and honest; and if I were of their heritage I would be ashamed which I'm sure they are of the name these losers are given the good ones out there.
I AGREE !!!! Its the town not the club ! The whole town has gone down the shitter ! And i fear driving my daughter anywhere in it !!!!!! I have been in the other side and always felt safe its stuck up people who think just cause its a strip club its for losers, pimps hoes and skanks ! Its not i hate to tell you ladies HALF YOUR HUSBANDS go there and stick your dollars down some womans G STRING !!!!!!!!!!
Marie

Charlestown, MA

#13 Jan 10, 2008
Does anyone know who the woman in the picture with him is? How much you wanna bet its an interpreter cuz the guy can't speak english.
Dawn

Burlington, MA

#14 Jan 10, 2008
Kudos to Melissa from Worcester. I totally agree. I am a regular in The Other Side. I have never felt unsafe at all. The owners, managers and employees are always on point to make sure that there are no problems. But unfortunately this person came to The Other Side with different intentions other than a cold drink and some classy entertainment. It is situations like these that give good places bad press and because some readers don't agree with the adult entertainment industry, they shouldn't put it down. It's business like any other business. People are there to make money like any other business in the city. Maybe if Fitchburg built it's city back up like it was many, many years ago, then better people would move here. I left Fitchburg 10 years ago to move to Lowell which, may I remind you, has come a long way in the past 10 years due to great leadership. When I left Fitchburg downtown was turning into a ghost town. And 10 years later...it's worse now than it ever has been. So if the new Mayor wants to see change than she needs to come through on her promise of bringing business back to Fitchburg, bring better jobs and better people will come. Don't blame The Other Side for this...blame the bad people who have nothing better to do with their time.
Linda Gardner MA

Middletown, CT

#15 Jan 10, 2008
Go Girl wrote:
I would like to agree with you but this particular establishment has a horrible history. Not just the present owners, but previous as well. This is not the fault of patronage, this is the owners problem. He can hire a cop to be there but he doesnt. Why should the city services be so abused by this bar? Cops and ambulance personnel are always there. This is abuse of town services, no matter how you look at it.
Linda Gardner MA

Middletown, CT

#16 Jan 10, 2008
Dawn wrote:
Kudos to Melissa from Worcester. I totally agree. I am a regular in The Other Side. I have never felt unsafe at all. The owners, managers and employees are always on point to make sure that there are no problems. But unfortunately this person came to The Other Side with different intentions other than a cold drink and some classy entertainment. It is situations like these that give good places bad press and because some readers don't agree with the adult entertainment industry, they shouldn't put it down. It's business like any other business. People are there to make money like any other business in the city. Maybe if Fitchburg built it's city back up like it was many, many years ago, then better people would move here. I left Fitchburg 10 years ago to move to Lowell which, may I remind you, has come a long way in the past 10 years due to great leadership. When I left Fitchburg downtown was turning into a ghost town. And 10 years later...it's worse now than it ever has been. So if the new Mayor wants to see change than she needs to come through on her promise of bringing business back to Fitchburg, bring better jobs and better people will come. Don't blame The Other Side for this...blame the bad people who have nothing better to do with their time.
By better jobs do you mean other than a strip club?
Dawn

Burlington, MA

#17 Jan 10, 2008
I beg to differ with you. I am there all the time. And the Fitchburg police do monitor the club several times during the day as they do any establishment that serves alcohol. Tell me how you think that anyone in that club working that night would have known that something like this would happen. They are not mind readers. They tried their hardest to difuse the situation and the man clearly was not cooperative. And you want to blame the owners for an individuals anger issues that clearly have nothing to do with The Other Side? So then every business should have a psychiatrist screening their patrons upon arrival to ensure a safe environment? Be real.
Dawn

Burlington, MA

#18 Jan 10, 2008
I never said that a strip club is not a good thing Linda. Hope you don't read me wrong.
Dawn

Burlington, MA

#19 Jan 10, 2008
Maybe you should go to one and see for yourself. It's not a bad thing, don't be shy, It's just business. Fitchburg needs business period.
Dawn

Burlington, MA

#20 Jan 10, 2008
Strip clubs clearly are not for everyone, but don't put down those who do frequent them. I would like to lay my resume and many of the others who go to these clubs on the table to compare to yours. You would be surprised at who you find. Like someone from above said, maybe even your husband. Is that why your mad? Don't be mad join him sometime.
Ken Burgess

Shrewsbury, MA

#21 Jan 10, 2008
Wow, just wait until Mr. Hoover opens up his night club across the street, I heard it's been approved. Fitchburg's version of Boston's Combat Zone is coming!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Framingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Inspired evolution of Billerica's Whiffle Tree Jul '16 hammerhead 1
Massachusetts Adoptees and Birth parents Reunit... Jun '16 joan 1
News Teens escape unharmed after limo catches fire o... May '16 Libby Rahl 2
News Bolton call firefighter charged in Lancaster, M... (May '15) May '16 FF wife 2
News Obituaries for Thursday, Aug. 30, 2007 - Framin... (Sep '07) May '16 Karyn 8
News Talking Trash: Where are the Dirtiest Areas of ... May '16 Old pal 2
News Discover the HF Experience at Hamvention's Arrl... Apr '16 Not a Ham yet 1

Framingham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Framingham Mortgages