Happy Birthday, Antoine de Saint-Exup...

Happy Birthday, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Author of "The Little...

There are 1 comment on the findingDulcinea story from Jun 29, 2009, titled Happy Birthday, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, Author of "The Little.... In it, findingDulcinea reports that:

Antoine de Saint-Exupry wrote one of the most popular books ever published, "The Little Prince." His adventurous spirit prompted him to become a pilot for the French Air Force, and later an airmail and test pilot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at findingDulcinea.

David M

Owensboro, KY

#1 Jul 24, 2009
Am I the only one that finds myself in his writtings? I have read the Little Prince 50 times (or more). Sometimes I feel as though I am St exupery. Then I dive deeper into who he was, what the words to the book mean and reference his other writtings. I start to feel closer to him. I keep thinking about his conversation with the snake in the little prince. I can draw no conclusion than; he knew he was going to die a noble purposeful death in the water, in a plane. He said he knew what the snake was saying was true but that the snake always spoke in riddles, to which the snake responds"I solve them all." and they were both silent. He planned his death and then chose not to speak of it. In the end, he left us as the little prince did, in a way that we wonder..
I am too deep into this to just stop. If anyone else feels the same way, please email me @ [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rhone-Alpes, France Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News OAKVILLE- Kerry Colborne will serve another yea... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Bev 1
News French lawmaker wants mandatory vegetarian menu... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Religious Zellotr... 1
News On This Day: Jean-Francois Champollion Announce... (Feb '15) Feb '15 zubair 1
News MSU Chef Wins Trip to France with Seafood Stew (Nov '14) Nov '14 wacejacke 1
News Uber Boss 'Regrets' Idea To Smear Journalists (Nov '14) Nov '14 benedict123 1
News Zodiac Trio bringing - Music of a Silenced Nati... (Oct '14) Oct '14 melomanne 1
News Mystery Malaysia flight apparently off course (Mar '14) Mar '14 paul shykora arts 1
More from around the web