Eustis vampire-cult killer subject of...

Eustis vampire-cult killer subject of French film on serial mur...

There are 30 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 22, 2008, titled Eustis vampire-cult killer subject of French film on serial mur.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Vampire-cult leader Rod Ferrell claimed he would live forever. But as the convicted murderer serves a life sentence in prison, it's the story of his gruesome Lake County killings that just won't die.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scrapiron

Lakeland, FL

#1 Mar 22, 2008
Ferrell was and is an idiot. In prison he puts on a brave, arrogant face to hide his stupidity. The only one who got away with this is Heather, the daughter of the two murder victims and SHE is lucky because the prosecution simply didn't have enough evidence to try her but I guarantee you this: She is STILL being looked at hard and the former Sheriff in Lake County told me his investigators know she was involved in this up to her neck. It may take 20 years but eventually she'll get her due.
Yoda

Deland, FL

#2 Mar 22, 2008
The Sentinel ran a story on Heather a few years ago. She apparently went to some type of college and is getting on with her LIFE. I think she has made some headway in getting back with her family ( sister ).
I wonder who paid for her education ect...

Like you, I feel she got away with murder and hope that one day she serves time as well.
native Floridian

Eustis, FL

#3 Mar 22, 2008
Yoda wrote:
The Sentinel ran a story on Heather a few years ago. She apparently went to some type of college and is getting on with her LIFE. I think she has made some headway in getting back with her family ( sister ).
Like you, I feel she got away with murder and hope that one day she serves time as well.
This girl called these monster to come here to committ the crime FOR HER...to Save her from her awlful parents. There is no way that she did not know what was going to happen because she was in the plan all along. As a matter of fact it was her plan, they just carried it out for her. I totally agree with Scrapion...she will get what is DUE to her...little spoiled brat while she goes around giving her little interviews like she was a victim. The death a her parents lay solely on HER.
native Floridian

Eustis, FL

#4 Mar 22, 2008
It just outrages me that they would even make a movie about this freak.....how many studies do they need to do to find out that these people are plain idiots. AND I wonder who pays for us to get these statistics about these monsters?????

THAT WOULD BE US!!!! OUR TAX DOLLARS!!

WE HAVE TO HOUSE THEM, FEED THEM AND THE WORST OF ALL DEFEND THEIR RIGHTS!!!!!! AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED THEY GAVE UP THE RIGHT TO EVEN BE CALLED A HUMAN WHEN THEY COMMITT SUCH SENSELESS CRIMES.
Easy Out

Kissimmee, FL

#5 Mar 22, 2008
What if Death Row was just that
DEATH
I mean its easy..........
You take all the heroin that the cops have found in drug deals and shoot the killers full of it!
Appeals? Sorry mate, you lost your rights when you killed.
I'd be happy to drive up and start the IV's for um, free of charge. Sad to see this kind of crap going on. Farrell should be dust already don't cha think?
Who knows

Cocoa, FL

#6 Mar 22, 2008
I completely agree with putting to death the people on death row, but what about the people who have been on Death Row for awhile and then with new technology and DNA tests, they were found innocent??
Path

San Antonio, TX

#7 Mar 22, 2008
Easy Out wrote:
Appeals? Sorry mate, you lost your rights when you killed.
Agreed, in fact I think they should be shot immediately once the sentence is passed; right there in the courtroom; in front of the jury; perhaps even the jury foreman can pull the trigger.

The way I see it human rights are part of a social pact. We all agree to work together as a society, and follow certain rules.

If you break the rules, it's like you're saying you don't want to be part of society anymore, which means you give up your societal rights as well.

Actually, I think we should bring back banishment. We just need a place we can drop them off that they can't get out of. And they need to be sterilized... we don't need them producing innocent offspring and starting another country so that we lose our place of banishment <cough>Australia<coug h>.
Florida Mike

Merritt Island, FL

#8 Mar 22, 2008
I see her at Publix from time to time. She let the Vampire killers into her house to kill her parents. Then went on a joyride to Louisiana with the cult.How did Heather Wendorf NOT go to prison for life??
florida native

Orlando, FL

#9 Mar 22, 2008
fry him, and televise it
florida native

Orlando, FL

#10 Mar 22, 2008
im very happy to take him on the airboat and feed him to my favorite 10 footer, that would please the vampire gods
Dick Hertz

United States

#11 Mar 22, 2008
Yoda wrote:
I remember that story. Heather bit me once and Dick still hurts.
TheRunningNurse

Deland, FL

#12 Mar 22, 2008
Florida Mike wrote:
I see her at Publix from time to time. She let the Vampire killers into her house to kill her parents. Then went on a joyride to Louisiana with the cult.How did Heather Wendorf NOT go to prison for life??
She is still in Florida ? Is she working at Publix or shopping there ?
I watched this case closely and cannot believe she got away with murder........Hopefully one day she will get what's coming to her.
Under the Bus

United States

#13 Mar 22, 2008
i feel if we "glamorize" the crime with a movie, then we open the door for more copy-cat crimes. everybody is looking for thier 15 minutes of fame/shame. the more the media puts a spin on it, may raise sympathy for the accused.
i too feel our "death row" needs a "fast pass" you get only 1 appeal then the chair. BRING BACK OL' SPARKY.
these bleeding hearts keep the electricity from flowin' and now lethal injection is cruel and unusual punishment. well forgive me isnt that what they did to be put on death row?
Oscar

Deland, FL

#14 Mar 22, 2008
According to a story in the Orlando Sentinel Dec 2006, Heather Wendorf-Kelly is married and lives in North Carolina. The story mentions that she completed art school, enjoys sculpture and her husband is a community theater director---my guess is that she is in Asheville, NC. Too bad she doesn't meet a few vampires...................
Boca

Boca Raton, FL

#15 Mar 22, 2008
Does anybody have any spare silver bullets they could put to good use?
Boca

Boca Raton, FL

#16 Mar 22, 2008
Opps; silver bullets were for ware wolfs.
Scrapiron

Cape Coral, FL

#17 Mar 22, 2008
Take a gander at this.....It's Ferrell's prison photo and info sheet.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/detai...
Marcel De Gaulle

United States

#18 Mar 22, 2008
If it's the same filmmaker that wants to tell the world that the US government was responsible for 9/11 then I bet he'll make this a murder suicide where vampire boy ends up wrongly accused. C'est la vie!
Hillary

Lake Worth, FL

#19 Mar 22, 2008
A movie? How cool
Gala

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#20 Mar 27, 2008
So, though human beings ALWAYS killed, and there have been all kinds of killers everywhere, I think that any person from a non-anglosaxon culture/background has noticed that for some reason (genetics, culture, whatever...) the anglosaxon cultures do have a SERIOUS problem with serial killers. Is that what people from others countries should be discussing? Don't we have other problems of our own? I live in Latin America and I know just too well what it's like to live in a society influenced by the American media, and unfortunately, it's an influence that has served to no good. The last thing I'd do is try to bring into my society a problem that, though existent in very isolated cases, have never been a major issue in our culture. The more times we see something happen, the more "normal" it seems. I wouldn't like to get used to talk of serial killers in my country, and I'd despise any director who wanted us to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rhone-Alpes, France Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Photo book captures essence of ski culture in C... May '16 Alan Jones 1
News OAKVILLE- Kerry Colborne will serve another yea... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Bev 1
News French lawmaker wants mandatory vegetarian menu... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Religious Zellotr... 1
News On This Day: Jean-Francois Champollion Announce... (Feb '15) Feb '15 zubair 1
News MSU Chef Wins Trip to France with Seafood Stew (Nov '14) Nov '14 wacejacke 1
News Uber Boss 'Regrets' Idea To Smear Journalists (Nov '14) Nov '14 benedict123 1
News Zodiac Trio bringing - Music of a Silenced Nati... (Oct '14) Oct '14 melomanne 1
More from around the web