Messages in soldiers' letters remain ...

Messages in soldiers' letters remain relevant

There are 3 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Nov 8, 2010, titled Messages in soldiers' letters remain relevant. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

Pvt. Wayne Farrington's mother was probably happy to get her son's letters from the front lines in France during World War I, though they hardly put her mind at ease.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Patriot

Claremont, CA

#1 Nov 9, 2010
Thank you for this story!
1oldWAC

Claremont, CA

#3 Nov 9, 2010
"The cause of it all was a Hun shell

Read more: http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_16559809...

guess it because That WAR it was so long ago that you allowed a racial slur, "Hun" to be printed. I am offended and surprised at this.
If it were a more recent war, Jap, gook, slope, raghead, towel head, camel jockey, haji or any other racial slur would surely have been politicaly corrected or cencesored out I imagine.
Kim

Chino Hills, CA

#4 Nov 13, 2010
what a marvelous letter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pays de La Loire, France Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Horrendous Reign of King John, Part I Jun '15 stew 1
1 room flat for rent in singapore Mar '15 Goh 1
News STX France Starts A 4 Oasis Construction (Feb '15) Feb '15 Ben Garrison 1
News U.S. magazine sellers scramble to find new 'Cha... (Jan '15) Jan '15 DumbNighurs 1
News Eleven dead in Paris massacre (Jan '15) Jan '15 Johnson 22
News Mistral ships won't be delivered to Russia Nov.... (Nov '14) Jan '15 MOMIN ANSARI 31
News France suspends delivery of warship to Russia (Nov '14) Dec '14 coyote 32
More from around the web