Shelby Daytona Coupe fetches $7.25M

Full story: Monterey County Herald

The man who paid $7.25 million Saturday for a 1965 Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe probably won't be driving it 197 mph, the speed Bob Bondurant and Dan Gurney hit with a nearly identical racer to win The 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1963.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Michael Albrich

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

Judged:

What an excess of riches! I'll bet that greedy jerk hasn't paid taxes or donated to charity in the past ten years. Shameful!
I approve this comment

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

Judged:

Michael Albrich wrote:
What an excess of riches! I'll bet that greedy jerk hasn't paid taxes or donated to charity in the past ten years. Shameful!
You shouldn't be so quick to judge - you come across as petty and very jealous. Did you even bother to check out the person who bought the car before climbing up on your little soapbox? "Shameful!"- really shameful.
Michael Albrich

Kent, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

Judged:

Michael Albrich wrote:
Sorry you feel that way - I'm neither petty nor jealous (I'd rather have a Ferrari 365 GT 2+2 myself), but I still think $7.25 million is an outrageous excess. What do YOU know about the buyer?
I approve this comment

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

Michael Albrich wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you feel that way - I'm neither petty nor jealous (I'd rather have a Ferrari 365 GT 2+2 myself), but I still think $7.25 million is an outrageous excess. What do YOU know about the buyer?
I know nothing about the buyer - which is why I wasn't the one making petty and jealous comments.
Jazz singer

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Michael Albrich wrote:
What a stupid comment!!

Obviously you don't know anything about the Classic Car market. It's like the art market.

Only 6 Cobra Daytona coupes were originally built, which make them priceless.

The buyer is most likely an investor, just waiting for the value to go up. Some like to invest in gems or Rembrandts, other prefer exotic classic cars.

If the investor is clever emough to avoid taxes; good on him. Are you jealous? Clever people don't pay taxes!!!!

As for charity, do us a favour and don't mention that ever again: it's just another tax avoidance scheme. Ha, ha, ha....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pays de La Loire, France Discussions

Search the Pays de La Loire, France Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pick of the Vine: France's Loire River runs thr... (Oct '13) Oct '13 shykora PAUL ARTs 1
Hail Mary: Crossing the Atlantic Aboard the Que... (Sep '13) Sep '13 exited 1
Mises Fellow McCaffrey awarded PhD in Economics (Sep '13) Sep '13 Get rich 1
Traveller's guide: The Loire Valley (Aug '13) Aug '13 loiregolf 1
Tracks suggest dinos could swim (May '07) Jul '13 Primeval Predator 3
French farmers, anarchists unite in airport fight (Apr '13) Apr '13 The Professor 6
University mental-health resources strained und... (Mar '13) Mar '13 HumanSpirit 2
•••
•••
•••
•••