Your 2-wheeler's waiting . . .

Your 2-wheeler's waiting . . .

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 15, 2007, titled Your 2-wheeler's waiting . . .. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

For many folks who work and live in downtown Chicago, traveling short distances can pose a big challenge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

YankeeDog

Milford, DE

#1 Sep 16, 2007
Who has ever been to Lyon, France? In Europe, bike riders are considered vehicles. They obey all traffic. laws. They have lights, horns,etc. They have ridden bikes, in Europe, because it is cheap, they did not have mass-produced cars and the streets are narrow. Will Chicago bikers obey the law? Hell, no.
While the mayor was away, did he visit Hogwarts School of Witchcraft? How about Mary Poppin's house? The Land of Oz? Damascus? There he would have found other ideas: broomsticks, flying umbrellas, magic shoes and flying carpets. With the hot air emanating from city hall, we could have giant hot air balloons. How about rickshaws pulled by the homeless, illegals and County inmates. Dog sleds in winter. Use up the homeless dog supply. This city works? Maybe, but the brain of either the mayor or this newspaper don't.
I want to see the Tribune delivered on bicycles and the mayor fly a pig. Stop two sources of pollution.
Cisley Celmer

Milford, DE

#2 Sep 16, 2007
I can't imagine riding a bicycle downtown in the rain or snow wearing a business suit,or dress clothes,dress shoes, and carrying a briefcase, a purse, a newspaper and a cup of coffee (which is usually what I carry to work every day.) Is this the Mayor's answer to fixing the CTA? What happened to the "City that Works?"
Captain A

Goodyear, AZ

#3 Sep 16, 2007
What dose this have to do with news of france...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyon, France Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News French lawmaker wants mandatory vegetarian menu... Aug 25 Religious Zellotr... 1
Who can reason this prostitute ???? May '15 Andreas mathiszik 1
Corliss Tech Review Group Study: External audit... (Jun '14) Apr '15 Themonkeesband 2
News MSU Chef Wins Trip to France with Seafood Stew (Nov '14) Nov '14 wacejacke 1
News Uber Boss 'Regrets' Idea To Smear Journalists (Nov '14) Nov '14 benedict123 1
News Zodiac Trio bringing - Music of a Silenced Nati... (Oct '14) Oct '14 melomanne 1
8 Tips for Keeping Spreadsheets Secure: Dyman &... (May '14) May '14 Anonymous 1
More from around the web