X-rays, genes may add to breast cancer risks

Full story: Newsday.com
Exposure to diagnostic chest X-rays may increase the risk of breast cancer for women with either of two genes that predispose them to the disease, according to medical research reported today. Full Story
marie autrand

Peoria, AZ

#1 Jun 30, 2006
I can relate to this story, I had chest x rays every month when I was in My early teens.There2405 was a spot on the lungs that was being watched. nothing ever came of it. three weeks ago I had right breast rmoved and a lymp node or two also.
ANNE

Moody, AL

#2 Sep 12, 2007
ALTHOUGH I CANNOT CITE THE RESEARCH, I REMEMBER 8 OR 10 YEARS AGO THAT THE DOCTORS IN THE US STOPPED RECOMMENDING MAMMOGRAMS EVERY YEAR; SUGGESTING THAT A BASELINE BEFORE AGE 40 WAS ALL THAT WAS PRUDENT, THEN EVERY TWO OR THREE YEARS THEREAFTER---I LOST TWO AUNTS TO BREAST CANCER, BOTH YOUNGER (NOTE, BOTH HAD ANNUAL MAMMOGRAMS) THE REST OF US DID NOT--I THINK IT ENTIRELY POSSIBLE THAT RADIATION WAS A FACTOR IN THEIR DEATHS---I THINK THAT BREAST TISSUE IS THE MOST SENSITIVE TO XRAY IN THE BODY-------

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lyon, France Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MSU Chef Wins Trip to France with Seafood Stew Tue wacejacke 1
Uber Boss 'Regrets' Idea To Smear Journalists Nov 18 benedict123 1
Zodiac Trio bringing - Music of a Silenced Nati... Oct '14 melomanne 1
Corliss Tech Review Group Study: External audit... Jun '14 Franchezcamine3 1
8 Tips for Keeping Spreadsheets Secure: Dyman &... (May '14) May '14 Anonymous 1
Newport International Group Tokyo Fashion Trends (May '14) May '14 sylveryount00 1
Corliss Review Group on Identity fraud and cybe... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Anonymous 1

Lyon, France People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:46 am PST