A history of the SS Norway

Information Box: The SS Norway, as she is now known, started out as the SS France, above. Full Story
Michael Grace

Cathedral City, CA

#1 Feb 13, 2009
The ship was scrapped in 2006. You can add this to the timeline.

2006 - Efforts were made to save the ship but they failed. She was purchased for scrap and her name was changed again. This time the Blue Lady. She sailed from Europe to India. On August 15, 2006, the Times of India reported the BLUE LADY (ex FRANCE, NORWAY) had been beached at Alang, India and scrapped.

Also, the ship would now be referred to as the France not the Norway. With ships, after they are gone, you always refer to the original name.

I operate a website with information on the France at: www.cruisingthepast.com
Julia

Portland, OR

#2 Jul 8, 2009
I am looking for info on LeHavre, France. My father was in military service there in World War II and with our September 2009 visit would like us to visit the area. He is afflicted with Alzheimer's and still remembers his time there. Are there any memorials or such in the area we could visit on a day trip from Paris? Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much, Julia (jnjsrnr@comcast.net)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haute-Normandie, France Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
French researchers find new strain of HIV virus... (Aug '09) Oct '13 nuares 5
Statue of Liberty reopens amid federal shutdown (Oct '13) Oct '13 TedsLiver 1
In Italy, battle begins to give Canadians their... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Sam 1
On This Day: Allied Forces Invade Normandy on D... (Feb '13) Jun '13 David 32
Did Ho Chi Minh visit East Sussex? (Feb '13) Mar '13 Drgunzet 24
France fights almost solo in Mali (Jan '13) Feb '13 rio 20
France's new power couple: 'wishy-washy' leader... (May '12) May '12 Jeff Brightone 1

Haute-Normandie, France People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE