Kimi accepts Liuzzi apology for incid...

Kimi accepts Liuzzi apology for incident.

There are 20 comments on the Yahoo story from Aug 6, 2006, titled Kimi accepts Liuzzi apology for incident.. In it, Yahoo reports that:

Kimi Raikkonen has put the spectacular accident that lost him the chance of victory in the Hungarian Grand Prix down to a mere racing incident, after the Finn slammed into the back of Vitantonio Liuzzi when he ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Yahoo.

Death Bredon

Mount Washington, KY

#1 Aug 6, 2006
A double dose of class.
Kelli

UK

#2 Aug 7, 2006
That was great sportsmanship by both drivers - Schumi and Alonso should take note.
Thomas

Vantaa, Finland

#3 Aug 8, 2006
Indeed, I was a bit surprised by that comment from Kimi. He is usually not the guy throwing nice compliments all around him, but he is usually not badmouthing anybody either. Guess he really thought Liuzzi was a good guy as he cared to mention it.
tita

Nicosia, Cyprus

#4 Aug 8, 2006
ok may be kimi understand that it was also his fault for the ancident thats why he said that
i cant say whose fault was it anyway...
Suhaila

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#5 Aug 8, 2006
Now I know why I like Kimi! hahaha...:-)
Supi

Delhi, India

#6 Aug 8, 2006
Hey Tita, it was not Kimi's fault at all, if that's what you mean. When Liuzzi was shown the blue flags, he ran wide and came in Kimi's path. Kimi had nowhere to go as he himself was not comfortable with the second set of tyres. And thus the accident. If Liuzzi hadn't had run wide, Kimi would have won for sure. Oh! how I hate that Liuzzi.
tita

Nicosia, Cyprus

#7 Aug 9, 2006
i agree with you supi but i was trying to find a logical explenation for what kimi said...:)
Jessmclarenkiwi

New Zealand

#8 Aug 9, 2006
Logical explenation is that it was more Kimi's fault than Liuzzi's. Don't get me wrong here I am a big fan of Kimi but he was looking in the rearview mirror at the time of the incident and Liuzzi was moving out of the way for Kimi to go past. Either way it was an accident, these things happen in F1, but we still love them
tita

Nicosia, Cyprus

#9 Aug 9, 2006
i dont know what to say i didnt really understand whose fault was it so...
Jessmclarenkiwi

New Zealand

#10 Aug 9, 2006
tita did you see the race or even understand F1 racing?
tita

Nicosia, Cyprus

#11 Aug 9, 2006
YESSS!!!!!!!!!!
Kelli

UK

#12 Aug 9, 2006
It just looked like a normal racing incident to me - don't forget that it was wet and slippery too.
Alicia

Malaysia

#13 Aug 10, 2006
I think behind this, kimi was crying alone for this dissapointment... pity him... i noe liuzzi is tryin to help him, but it those not works... we cannot blame him... but we can blame montoya for the accident in Indianapolis.
Brad

Livonia, MI

#14 Aug 10, 2006
Alicia wrote:
I think behind this, kimi was crying alone for this dissapointment... pity him... i noe liuzzi is tryin to help him, but it those not works... we cannot blame him... but we can blame montoya for the accident in Indianapolis.
"We cannot blame" Kimi?!! Why the hell not? This was the first time all season both Mclarens qualified well and were about to put both drivers on the podium. And Kimi runs into a backmarker!!! Liuzzi ran wide and slowed, Kimi had practically the entire track to avoid him but he was too concerned with his team-mate Pedro. It's totally his fault. If that was JPM that did that you'd be all over him.
I've read too much of this "Kimi can do no wrong" bullshit. He's made numerous mistakes at key moments in his F1 career and largely get a pass on them.
Jessmclarenkiwi

New Zealand

#15 Aug 10, 2006
my god you really are a kimi hating american wanker arnt you brad!
Brad

Livonia, MI

#16 Aug 10, 2006
Jessmclarenkiwi wrote:
my god you really are a kimi hating american wanker arnt you brad!
Not at all. I like Kimi he races hard and shows no fear. He is everything an F1 driver should be. I just can't stand a large group of his fans who never see him doing anything wrong.
Kelli

UK

#17 Aug 10, 2006
every racing driver makes mistakes - you wouldnt be a good driver if u didnt
Jessmclarenkiwi

New Zealand

#18 Aug 10, 2006
well i love f1 more than anything that is why i choose and love my job! accidents for me, make me more muni so bring them on! Kimi can F**k up just like anyone he's not perfect.
Rohan

Mumbai, India

#19 Aug 10, 2006
hi all, well i'm new to this forum but i love F1 as you all do.I wanted to know your thoughts about Renaults development in the car..As we saw on race day the Renault car was too good for the Ferrari...What do you people thing about it .? Has the Renault car really improved a lot or is it just the Michelen wet tyres that gripped better than the Bridgestone......?? What do you thing was the real reason Renaults were that quick during the race...or will MSC and Ferrari will be back on the dry track at Turkey.....
Jessmclarenkiwi

New Zealand

#20 Aug 10, 2006
hey rohan u need to set up a new topic in this forum as this topic is bout something else, its on right hand side of page and easy to do. good luck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vitantonio Liuzzi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News F1: Abu Dhabi GP: Race notes - HRT (Nov '11) Nov '11 James 1
News Formula One: Liuzzi, Karthikeyan Become First V... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Bo Smith 2
News F1: Force India to keep same drivers in 2010 (Oct '09) Oct '09 Zuch 1
News Vitantonio Liuzzi replaces Giancarlo Fisichella... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Anton 1
News Driver Scott Speed dropped by Toro Rosso (Jul '07) Nov '07 TEW 81
tonio the best (Aug '06) Sep '07 borellik 4
vitantonio liuzzi (Feb '07) Aug '07 KMA 2
More from around the web