Fastest lap: Webber denies Vettel

Fastest lap: Webber denies Vettel

There are 22 comments on the Planet-F1.com story from Oct 10, 2010, titled Fastest lap: Webber denies Vettel. In it, Planet-F1.com reports that:

Mark Webber stole the fastest lap from under the nose of his team-mate Sebastian Vettel at the Japanese Grand Prix on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Planet-F1.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#21 Oct 24, 2010
Cron wrote:
Bob, are you a pom? How could you know this, or even want to, if you aren't. Maybe a Kiwi. Bob are you an Aussie whose gone over to the dark side?
Ian Botham is almost an honourary Aussie, and pretty much a legend. He's more Aussie in his ways than pommy. Maybe our bullshit tabloids 'acted' affronted by his outburst but that's about it. Aussies invented sledging, much to our disgrace. Do you know who started it as an onfield strategy?
Anyways 6 hours to go.
ha ha Cron I'm non of the above thank God, born and bred Saffie now living in the land of the free .... Beefy is a legend, and a damned fine Cricketer ...

as for the origin, not too sure but it's been around for a good 40 odd years ... and every one thinks cricket is a game played by gentlemen ... ha ha

of all the chirps and digs, I loved Botham's the most but this little story is a gem too .....

The great West Indian batsman Viv Richards was notorious for punishing bowlers that dared to sledge him. So much so, that many opposing captains banned their players from the practice. However in a county game against Glamorgan, Greg Thomas attempted to sledge him after he had played and missed at several balls in a row. He informed Richards: "It's red, round and weighs about five ounces, in case you were wondering." Richards hammered the next delivery out of the cricket grounds and into a nearby river. Turning to the bowler, he commented: "Greg, you know what it looks like, now go and find it" ...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#22 Oct 24, 2010
redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha that's brilliant even "Dr Marko" knows Webber is the son of a convict .... anyone for ice cream?... but don't let Cron the sheep boy see this, it will feed his conspiracy that RBR are keeping Webber away from vettel ... I wonder if Louisa thinks these clips are real, and that really is Dr Marko in the video?????
LOL

You got me thinking maybe it was really Dr Marko in the video, sometimes being here makes you think that are they for real or not here ;)

Lawrence, hi ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scuderia Toro Rosso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Malaysian Grand Prix: News round-up (Apr '15) Oct '16 yudawe 28
News 2015 Petit Le Mans: Action Express Racing Sweep... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News Renault threatens to withdraw from Formula 1 (Mar '15) Mar '15 mike tirico 2
News Action Express Corvette fastest in 12 Hours of ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Berkely Hendrix 1
News Sun: STR, Caterham, Marussia (Apr '13) Apr '13 F1 Funatic 1
News Alguersuari says Formula One has become an auction (Feb '13) Feb '13 BAS 1
News Whincup wins Gold Coast V8s (Feb '13) Feb '13 lido branch 1
More from around the web