Turkish GP: Mercedes' Michael Schumac...

Turkish GP: Mercedes' Michael Schumacher Too Old For F1?

There are 100 comments on the BleacherReport story from May 8, 2011, titled Turkish GP: Mercedes' Michael Schumacher Too Old For F1?. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Watching Mercedes driver Michael Schumacher at the Turkish Grand Prix on Sunday, one thing seems very clear: The seven-time world champion is too old for Formula One.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

bob

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#21 May 17, 2011
redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
oh it's the shameless English monkey shouting his mouth off again ... how sweet - "didn't Alonso do well" .... what an idiot ... as for Schumie's brainless ignorance, even at 42 he is still respected by all the drivers on the grid, really he doesn't listen to half dead idiots like you ... ha ha brainless ignorance ... you want brainless ignorance... Alonso in China trying to illegally use his DRS system to pass the old man, got caught cheating again and then it was the FIA fault ... just like Germany 2010 was Massa's fault I'm sure, Singapore was Piquet's fault Spygate was everyone but Alonso fault and of course breaking the rules and communicatiun in Italian over the radio in Turkey must have been the Pope's fault ... here's the only thing you need to understand you dumbass worshitter ... Alonso will never be half the driver Schumie is or was, and at his present rate of wins per season Alonso will have to race until the grand old age of 55 to even come close to matching Schumie's win count of 91, and before you try tell the rest of that has nothing to do with it, just a couple of years ago when he signed for Macca you stupid worshitters were telling the rest of us it was just a matter of time before he broke all Schumie's records ... sorry Alonso will never do it, he's not good enough, he never was and never will be, he had one glory year in 2005 when he won the WDC, came back in 2006 and stole it with an illegal car and the rest is history, since his cheating ways he has been involved in a cheating scandal every season since then... karma's a bitch baby, it will eat you alive and Alonso is proof positive ... okay you limey SOB off you go, stick your head back up your butt again ...
Same old shit from the fuckwit
bob

#22 May 17, 2011
<quoted text>
ha ha ha brilliant David ....
((BREAKING NEWS))Is that fuckwit bob was kicked out of South Africa with his brother for being Pedophiles! So that married with a daughter bit he always comes out with is a pile of crap Hes never been married and being paralysed from the waist down hes never had sex let alone a kid of his own. I would be very concerned if he was living in my town. I also understand that his brother is living under a new name in the UK?

I would just like this forum to know the facts.
keith uk

UK

#23 May 17, 2011
Ralf, what do you mean by old man? Fangio won his titles in his forties and he was`nt as fit as Mick.If you have watched the man race over the years and I Mean "wathced" him race then you`ll know its just a matter of time before he gets his shit together. i`ll take the bet with you, he`ll win again and when he does I want my 1000 euro`s.

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#24 May 18, 2011
bob wrote:
<quoted text>
((BREAKING NEWS))Is that fuckwit bob was kicked out of South Africa with his brother for being Pedophiles! So that married with a daughter bit he always comes out with is a pile of crap Hes never been married and being paralysed from the waist down hes never had sex let alone a kid of his own. I would be very concerned if he was living in my town. I also understand that his brother is living under a new name in the UK?
if it was someone with just an ounce of intelligence trying to let everyone know the facts I might be concerned, but coming from a half breed 2 foot tall gnome, well let's just say you're making a complete ass of yourself yet again .. you ignorant git ...David said it best monkey breath ... when your IQ hits 50 ... sell!!! Oh and by the way how about some originality, you've posted this before, wow it took you this long to work out what copy and paste does ... ha ha you really are one seriously retarded wanker ...

Location hidden

#25 May 18, 2011
Ralf wrote:
<quoted text>
It DOES change his record in terms of statistics (wins by race entry for example).
And to disgracing racers I just want to say that stating Schumi as the best racer of all time disgraces all the other great racers...there had been lots of F1 drivers that were far more skilled than him. I admit he belonged to the best but he wasn't the best in Formula 1 and certainly NOT in Motorsports history - not even in his prime time. Look at his biking performance; he never did anything in Rally sport either.
All the glamor is gone soon and young F1 fans will remember him as the poor old man who tried to beat age...
"lots of drivers that were far more skilled than him" ... really ... name a few so we can debate them please ...

now about your retarded statement about him not doing anything in Rally sports or Biking ... really, you're judging the greatness of a driver in F1 based on his performance in another sport .... does that mean a football player like Chritiano Ronaldo is shite because he didn't play a good game of golf, or he sucked at basketball ... and before you say they have nothing to do with football, they are all played with a ball, I'm using the same logic as you are comparing Schumie's achievements in F1 with all forms of motorsport ... keep in mind this is about F1, not WRC or motoGP, Nascrap or Indy. I know your dislike for Schumie is deep to the bone, but come on man try be a little consistent ... use that grey shite between your ears just once this week please ... good grief
Ralf

Vienna, Austria

#26 May 18, 2011
<quoted text>
"lots of drivers that were far more skilled than him" ... really ... name a few so we can debate them please ...
now about your retarded statement about him not doing anything in Rally sports or Biking ... really, you're judging the greatness of a driver in F1 based on his performance in another sport .... does that mean a football player like Chritiano Ronaldo is shite because he didn't play a good game of golf, or he sucked at basketball ... and before you say they have nothing to do with football, they are all played with a ball, I'm using the same logic as you are comparing Schumie's achievements in F1 with all forms of motorsport ... keep in mind this is about F1, not WRC or motoGP, Nascrap or Indy. I know your dislike for Schumie is deep to the bone, but come on man try be a little consistent ... use that grey shite between your ears just once this week please ... good grief
bla...bla...bla...
Schumi was called greatest driver in MOTORSPORTS history...
this thread is about Schumi's performance in Turkey - stick to the thread - do you have to say anything about that?
Ralf

Vienna, Austria

#27 May 18, 2011
keith uk wrote:
Ralf, what do you mean by old man? Fangio won his titles in his forties and he was`nt as fit as Mick.If you have watched the man race over the years and I Mean "wathced" him race then you`ll know its just a matter of time before he gets his shit together. i`ll take the bet with you, he`ll win again and when he does I want my 1000 euro`s.
The only drawback is that I'll get my 1000.- in the end of next year - but maybe already after this season if Schumi finally admits that his skill isn't good enough for Formula 1. If he loves racing he should go back to carting, or even better take part in some OLDtimer rallies...
bob

#28 May 18, 2011
bob

#29 May 18, 2011
<quoted text>
if it was someone with just an ounce of intelligence trying to let everyone know the facts I might be concerned, but coming from a half breed 2 foot tall gnome, well let's just say you're making a complete ass of yourself yet again .. you ignorant git ...David said it best monkey breath ... when your IQ hits 50 ... sell!!! Oh and by the way how about some originality, you've posted this before, wow it took you this long to work out what copy and paste does ... ha ha you really are one seriously retarded wanker ...
Pissing you off Bob? lol
Ralf

Vienna, Austria

#30 May 18, 2011
<quoted text>
...keep in mind this is about F1, not WRC or motoGP, Nascrap or Indy. I know your dislike for Schumie is deep to the bone, but come on man try be a little consistent ...
keep in mind this is about Schumi being too old for F1...nice greetings from your secret love Alonso
Ralf

Vienna, Austria

#31 May 18, 2011
<quoted text>
you are free to open a new discussion about the long list of drivers that are better than Schumi but this is about a man who is too old for F1. From a 7 times WC one could expect a bit more skill and brains, especially after more than one year out of retirement. Drivers like Petrov and Kobayashi can overtake that "greatest driver of all time" with inferior cars...do I need to say more?

Location hidden

#32 May 21, 2011
Ralf wrote:
<quoted text>
you are free to open a new discussion about the long list of drivers that are better than Schumi but this is about a man who is too old for F1. From a 7 times WC one could expect a bit more skill and brains, especially after more than one year out of retirement. Drivers like Petrov and Kobayashi can overtake that "greatest driver of all time" with inferior cars...do I need to say more?
ha ha ha I asked you to name one driver greater than Schumie and you stammered like a babbling retard ... come on ROFL, name just one ... please big boy, put your head together with your ignorant pal form the UK, all thuogh you will have to go on all fours to do that, and come up with just one, you made the statement there are plenty drivers better than Schumie, don't try cop out by pretending this forum is about something else dumbass .... it's about Schumie, now put your money where you wouth is, or in the mind of the UK midget, your sack where you mouth is ... quite sad you shout the old mouth of but when challlenged you have no clue ...

Location hidden

#33 May 21, 2011
Ralf wrote:
<quoted text>
keep in mind this is about Schumi being too old for F1...nice greetings from your secret love Alonso
hey numbnuts as long as Alonso keeps making an absolute tosser of himself like he is doing right now I will love him to bits ... even now going so far as to break the rules again with the illegal rear wing to try even get close to the RBR's ... but of course you worshitters will tell everyone he knew nothing of it all .. "i am from Barcelona I know nothing" .... hey dumbass what about the new rumour Hamilton is going to be signed by Ferrari, if that happens we will see the demise of Alonso once again, his 6/10ths will be turfed into the garbage can and the black bloke will own him again, just like he did in 2007 ... FORDza Fernando
Ralf

Vienna, Austria

#35 May 21, 2011
<quoted text>
ha ha ha I asked you to name one driver greater than Schumie and you stammered like a babbling retard ... come on ROFL, name just one ...
That list would be too long because there so many of them...
What about Michael's performance in Turkey? Would like to hear your opinion. Even in Spain - one of his favourite tracks - Rosberg is still demolishing him. Rosberg was asked if Michael is his easiest team mate so far and he politely evaded - as you always do, but not politely - the question. So what about Schumi? This forum is about him. What do you say about his performance? And don't come again with 7 - 91 - and so on...How much more time will he need? He should hurry and show results before his contract ends...Mercedes will not extend it!!!
Rosberg is the better driver. The first real good one after Nelson Piquet. The only champ as team mate...

http://f1-facts.com/statistics/team-mates/M.S...
Bob

#36 May 21, 2011
.... hey dumbass what about the new rumour Hamilton is going to be signed by Ferrari, if that happens we will see the demise of Alonso

Are you a f**king retard??

Hamilton & Ferrari..........lol dream on Fuckwit No body wants that halfbreed clown just like your King Schumi after this year & if you think Alonso is making a fool of himself look at massa & king Schumi the 8th or is it the 10th.
Lets see what f**kup the King will make this week
ps lets see schumis demise .. lol

Location hidden

#37 May 22, 2011
Bob wrote:
.... hey dumbass what about the new rumour Hamilton is going to be signed by Ferrari, if that happens we will see the demise of Alonso
Are you a f**king retard??
Hamilton & Ferrari..........lol dream on Fuckwit No body wants that halfbreed clown just like your King Schumi after this year & if you think Alonso is making a fool of himself look at massa & king Schumi the 8th or is it the 10th.
Lets see what f**kup the King will make this week
ps lets see schumis demise .. lol
you ignorant little racist half breed piece of shite ...

Location hidden

#38 May 22, 2011
Ralf wrote:
<quoted text>
That list would be too long because there so many of them...
What about Michael's performance in Turkey? Would like to hear your opinion. Even in Spain - one of his favourite tracks - Rosberg is still demolishing him. Rosberg was asked if Michael is his easiest team mate so far and he politely evaded - as you always do, but not politely - the question. So what about Schumi? This forum is about him. What do you say about his performance? And don't come again with 7 - 91 - and so on...How much more time will he need? He should hurry and show results before his contract ends...Mercedes will not extend it!!!
Rosberg is the better driver. The first real good one after Nelson Piquet. The only champ as team mate...
http://f1-facts.com/statistics/team-mates/M.S...
you should have waited the 23 odd hours before you made a c*nt of yourself ... again ... certainly we saw Rosberg demolish Schumie in Spain today hey ROFL, ha ha ha ha Schumie you beauty ... Rosberg was left licking his wounds and you have egg all over your face dumbass .... Rosberg is a better driver ... really the first reall good one after Piguet ... maybe Piquet Jr, but Sorry Nico is not even close to being a patch on Piquet Sr ... you reaslly are showing your lack of F1 knowledge with a staement like that stupid ...

and funny you keep telling me how long this list would be, but you still can't just name one driver on it ... get real ROFL, you are clueless, you have nothing ... oh wait maybe one thing, your pal for the UK's sack on you chin ...

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#39 May 22, 2011
keith uk wrote:
Ralf, what do you mean by old man? Fangio won his titles in his forties and he was`nt as fit as Mick.If you have watched the man race over the years and I Mean "watched" him race then you`ll know its just a matter of time before he gets his shit together. i`ll take the bet with you, he`ll win again and when he does I want my 1000 euro`s.
Fangio was over 46 when he won his last championship.
Schumaker may very well win again, but I wouldn't bet 1,000 on it.
Mercedes needs to come up with a similar package that Brawn inherited from Honda, then Schumi would definitely shine.
I've followed F1 since the late 50s and when Michael won his first championship with Benetton I thought it was great, but when he moved to Ferrari (my least favourite team) and began to win everything, F1 became extemely boring for me, although I never missed watching a race even then.
The 'new' Schumaker is a nice guy and I'd love to see him do well before he gives up completely.
No matter what anyone says, he has a record that will never be beaten and that cannot be taken away from him, I'd bet 10,000 on that, F1 will be a defunct sport before anyone gets that chance.
-
NB: Graham Hill was 39 when he won his last championship.
Ralf

Vienna, Austria

#40 May 22, 2011
<quoted text>
you should have waited the 23 odd hours before you made ...
Every dog has his day.
Oh great, on one of his beloved tracks he could stay ahead of Rosberg - superb. The pit stops helped him to get some distance (in the first stop he gained 5 seconds) but Rosberg closed in immediately. Rosberg, being a good boy, helped Schumi not to loose face once again and stayed behind.
I didn't need to wait because I knew before that Schumi will be strong in Spain - you can read it under "F1: Schumacher To Retire Again ???"
Alonso and Schumi had a great start but Fernando lost pace due to the tires. Schumi could have caught Alonso with Rosberg's speed. Rosberg was definetely the quicker Mercedes driver.
This time, as last year in Spain, Michael managed to stay ahead but the gap is closing - look at last year's result; Michael was faster all weekend and started before Nico. This year Nico was much quicker all weekend; he just lost out at the start, that's racing. Let's wait for Monaco ...
One swallow does not make a summer.
The Istanbul race is forgotten and every real Schumi fan will talk about Catalunya for months to come...
Ralf

Vienna, Austria

#41 May 22, 2011
<quoted text>
really the first reall good one after Piguet ... maybe Piquet Jr, but Sorry Nico is not even close to being a patch on Piquet Sr ...
Do you actually read the posts before you reply? Or is it that you just don't understand?
There was a link about team mate comparison.
Everyone would understand that but I'll spell it out especially for you. I didn't compare Rosberg to Piquet but meant that Rosberg is Schumi's first team mate since Piquet who could really challenge and outperform him. Or do you want to deny the fact that Rosberg has the better results and is quicker most of the time?
Still waiting for that comment on Istanbul...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sebastien Buemi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alguersuari says Formula One has become an auction (Feb '13) Feb '13 BAS 1
News F1: Driver Exodus 'No Loss' Insists Verstappen (Dec '11) Dec '11 bhiam 1
News Torro Rosso confirm new driver line-up (Dec '11) Dec '11 F1 Funatic 1
News Raikkonen's NASCAR switch surprises F1 drivers (Apr '11) Apr '11 Bwest 1
News Toro Rosso's warning and incentive (Apr '11) Apr '11 Bob 1
News Barrichello impresses in testing (Feb '11) Feb '11 RSR08 1
News Ferrari want change on Formula One safety car r... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Sam 5
More from around the web