Turkish GP: Mercedes' Michael Schumacher Too Old For F1?

May 8, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

Watching Mercedes driver Michael Schumacher at the Turkish Grand Prix on Sunday, one thing seems very clear: The seven-time world champion is too old for Formula One.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of100
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
naomi

Kempton Park, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

Shame then Massa,that finished 11th, Barricello and all the other drivers that finished behind Schumi is also too old for F1. In China he had a good race and all "the drivers" like Buemi, Heidfeld, Petrof, Kobhasi.. that finished in front of him in Turkey where behind him in China. Rosberg also battle to keep up with the front drivers. If it was not for a pair of new soft tyres later in the race he would have finished low down. Your all just jeolous on Michael.
Ralf

Vienna, Austria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

Massa is the same age as his team mate Alonso. Barrichello is 13 years older than his team mate Maldonado and he finished BEFORE his younger colleague in EACH race this year (last year's Hulkenberg is 16 years younger and was beaten by old Rubens 47:22 points). Sebastien Buemi and Kamui Kobayashi finished BEFORE Schumi with an inferior car (Kobayashi even twice this year).
Nico Rosberg beats Schumi all the time - qualifying 19:4, points 162:78, podium 3:0 so far; Schumi was good as youngster at Benetton, average with a fast Ferrari and now to old for F1.
It's over. For the first time he has a team mate who is way faster and Mercedes will hopefully sooner rather than later realise that and concentrate on him instead of trying to build a car that fits Mr. wannabe best of all time...
Yes, you're right in one thing Rosberg battled with the FRONT runners while Schumi struggled with the SAME car (actually fitted rather for him than for Rosberg)in the lower midfield. There's no jealousy just a bit pity for an old man who should stay home an leave racing to the young ones. There are so many young talents who deserve a chance. Any other driver with his performance would have been sacked long ago...
bob

Hungary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2011

Judged:

Schumachers brainless ignorance showed up great this week.. I think he should leave now before he makes a real a**hole of himself.
Hey didnt Alonso do well!! maybe Ferrari are getting it right now after 4 or 5 races (just like i said fuckwit Redneck blob)

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

As much as I have always enjoyed watching Schumy race, and excited on his return, I would have to agree. Maybe it is time for him to retire for good. Don't let this and next year cast such negativity on his great career and being the Worlds Greatest Driver in motorsport history.
bob larden kulta kimi

Saint Asaph, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

Judged:

DavidH64 wrote:
As much as I have always enjoyed watching Schumy race, and excited on his return, I would have to agree. Maybe it is time for him to retire for good. Don't let this and next year cast such negativity on his great career and being the Worlds Greatest Driver in motorsport history.
his heart ruled his head on this ocasion he should have stayed away and carrying on will leave a bad taiste in his mouth i always new it wasnt a good idea sad really

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Judged:

bob wrote:
Schumachers brainless ignorance showed up great this week.. I think he should leave now before he makes a real a**hole of himself.
Hey didnt Alonso do well!! maybe Ferrari are getting it right now after 4 or 5 races (just like i said fuckwit Redneck blob)
oh it's the shameless English monkey shouting his mouth off again ... how sweet - "didn't Alonso do well" .... what an idiot ... as for Schumie's brainless ignorance, even at 42 he is still respected by all the drivers on the grid, really he doesn't listen to half dead idiots like you ... ha ha brainless ignorance ... you want brainless ignorance... Alonso in China trying to illegally use his DRS system to pass the old man, got caught cheating again and then it was the FIA fault ... just like Germany 2010 was Massa's fault I'm sure, Singapore was Piquet's fault Spygate was everyone but Alonso fault and of course breaking the rules and communicatiun in Italian over the radio in Turkey must have been the Pope's fault ... here's the only thing you need to understand you dumbass worshitter ... Alonso will never be half the driver Schumie is or was, and at his present rate of wins per season Alonso will have to race until the grand old age of 55 to even come close to matching Schumie's win count of 91, and before you try tell the rest of that has nothing to do with it, just a couple of years ago when he signed for Macca you stupid worshitters were telling the rest of us it was just a matter of time before he broke all Schumie's records ... sorry Alonso will never do it, he's not good enough, he never was and never will be, he had one glory year in 2005 when he won the WDC, came back in 2006 and stole it with an illegal car and the rest is history, since his cheating ways he has been involved in a cheating scandal every season since then... karma's a bitch baby, it will eat you alive and Alonso is proof positive ... okay you limey SOB off you go, stick your head back up your butt again ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Judged:

Ralf wrote:
Massa is the same age as his team mate Alonso. Barrichello is 13 years older than his team mate Maldonado and he finished BEFORE his younger colleague in EACH race this year (last year's Hulkenberg is 16 years younger and was beaten by old Rubens 47:22 points). Sebastien Buemi and Kamui Kobayashi finished BEFORE Schumi with an inferior car (Kobayashi even twice this year).
Nico Rosberg beats Schumi all the time - qualifying 19:4, points 162:78, podium 3:0 so far; Schumi was good as youngster at Benetton, average with a fast Ferrari and now to old for F1.
It's over. For the first time he has a team mate who is way faster and Mercedes will hopefully sooner rather than later realise that and concentrate on him instead of trying to build a car that fits Mr. wannabe best of all time...
Yes, you're right in one thing Rosberg battled with the FRONT runners while Schumi struggled with the SAME car (actually fitted rather for him than for Rosberg)in the lower midfield. There's no jealousy just a bit pity for an old man who should stay home an leave racing to the young ones. There are so many young talents who deserve a chance. Any other driver with his performance would have been sacked long ago...
hey Ralf, here you go again ... whinging and bitching and squealing like a sore loser ... you're hatred for Schumie is so blatant it's sad ... get real, Schumie is the greatest and most successful driver F1 has and will ever see ... chew on those accolades ... now about that moronic statement that there are many young talents who deserve a chance ... really your liberal kumbaya give every one a chance views may work on you u10 football team, but this is big business, it's called capitalism, you Austrians should try it sometime ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Judged:

Ralf wrote:
you missed one .. Vettel is 11 yrs younger than Webber yet Vettel is kicking Webber's ass big time ... you forgot that one why? because you hate Vettel as much as you hate Schumie ... hmmmm consitstency Ralfie, don't be a hypocrit problem is Vettel is too much like Michael, and you hate that don't you ... dumbass

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Judged:

bob wrote:
Your proctologist called. He found your head.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Judged:

bob wrote:
When your IQ reaches 50, SELL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Judged:

DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your proctologist called. He found your head.
ha ha ha brilliant David ....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Judged:

redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
you missed one .. Vettel is 11 yrs younger than Webber yet Vettel is kicking Webber's ass big time ... you forgot that one why? because you hate Vettel as much as you hate Schumie ... hmmmm consitstency Ralfie, don't be a hypocrit problem is Vettel is too much like Michael, and you hate that don't you ... dumbass
He must hate all Germans. Haven't you heard? Among the ignorant we are still Nazi's.

Hey Ralf and Bob... FICH DICH!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Judged:

DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
He must hate all Germans. Haven't you heard? Among the ignorant we are still Nazi's.
Hey Ralf and Bob... FICH DICH!
Fich dich was not directed at Redneck Bob or Bob Larden
Ralf

Vienna, Austria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Judged:

Challenge to all Schumi fans. Facts don't seem to count for you guys, so i dare to place a bet offer.
1000.- that Schumacher will never again win a formula 1 race.
Is it possible to have a civilized conversation? All you know is swearing and abusing because you don't have anything positive to tell about Schumi's comeback. Oh yes, it's very brave of him to challenge the young drivers and that's that. Why is there not a single comment on Schumis (mediocre) performance? What's wrong with Schumi, why is he so much slower than Rosberg? The car is the same and he surely gets the better treatment from Mr. Brawn...
Give him some time you say. How much more time does he need?

You don't have anything but 7 titles, 91 victories all the time - everyone knows that...no one can rest on his laurels for ever.
have a look at that:
these are some more realistic statistics:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/02/14/champio ...

Best F1 champions:
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/02/14/ayrton -...

So, who dares? 1000.- easily earned if Schumi is that great.
Ralf

Vienna, Austria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Judged:

DavidH64 wrote:
What's wrong? First you agree that Schumi is too old and as soon as you get support from the other Schumi fan you start to insult people. Do you take it as a personal attack if Schumi is being criticized? I never said that I hate Shumacher or Vettel or any other guy I don't even personally know. In this forum we are just discussing wether or not Schumi is too old for the sport and I think he is.
Look at Rubens, he's old too but he has the advantage of not having taken a brake. Webber too belongs to the old ones and is beaten regularly by Vettel. I guess he'll quit by the end of this season; his only chance to become champion was last year...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

Judged:

Ralf wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong? First you agree that Schumi is too old and as soon as you get support from the other Schumi fan you start to insult people. Do you take it as a personal attack if Schumi is being criticized? I never said that I hate Shumacher or Vettel or any other guy I don't even personally know. In this forum we are just discussing wether or not Schumi is too old for the sport and I think he is.
Look at Rubens, he's old too but he has the advantage of not having taken a brake. Webber too belongs to the old ones and is beaten regularly by Vettel. I guess he'll quit by the end of this season; his only chance to become champion was last year...
I agree he is probably too old. It does not change his record and being the Worlds Greatest driver in Motor sports history. I did NOT attack or disgrace him like you did. Goddamm you are fcuking clueless and ignorant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

Judged:

Ralf wrote:
Challenge to all Schumi fans. Facts don't seem to count for you guys, so i dare to place a bet offer.
1000.- that Schumacher will never again win a formula 1 race.
Is it possible to have a civilized conversation? All you know is swearing and abusing because you don't have anything positive to tell about Schumi's comeback. Oh yes, it's very brave of him to challenge the young drivers and that's that. Why is there not a single comment on Schumis (mediocre) performance? What's wrong with Schumi, why is he so much slower than Rosberg? The car is the same and he surely gets the better treatment from Mr. Brawn...
Give him some time you say. How much more time does he need?
You don't have anything but 7 titles, 91 victories all the time - everyone knows that...no one can rest on his laurels for ever.
have a look at that:
these are some more realistic statistics:
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/02/14/champio ...
Best F1 champions:
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/02/14/ayrton -...
So, who dares? 1000.- easily earned if Schumi is that great.
So what if he does not win again? Does it change all his previous wins and 7 (SEVEN) WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS? No. So stop being such an ignorant douchebag. No wait, impossible, you are too fcuking retarded.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

Judged:

Ralf wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to repeat myself from a previous post...

When your IQ reaches 50, SELL!
Ralf

Vienna, Austria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

Judged:

Dear David
Again and again, 7 titles, 91 victories, clueless, ignorant and so on. Nothing else comes from you. What about Schumi's performance? Does he stand a chance against Rosberg? Can he beat a Kobayashi?
No, he can't. I'm not insulting, I'm stating facts. And fact is, Schumi lost his grip. He forgot how fight properly and when to give in. Look at the Istanbul race; already in lap two he had an accident. Rosberg on the other side fought well and knew when to give in. Schumi isn't just lacking skill but brains too.
You're right, no one can take his titles off him; it's just his reputation that's being diminished with every race. He is doing the damage all by himself and doesn't need my help.
Keep on insulting me and other forum members who state facts, that won't change the facts and I certainly don't care because I know you don't have anything else to say...
Ralf

Vienna, Austria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2011

Judged:

DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree he is probably too old. It does not change his record and being the Worlds Greatest driver in Motor sports history. I did NOT attack or disgrace him like you did.
It DOES change his record in terms of statistics (wins by race entry for example).
And to disgracing racers I just want to say that stating Schumi as the best racer of all time disgraces all the other great racers...there had been lots of F1 drivers that were far more skilled than him. I admit he belonged to the best but he wasn't the best in Formula 1 and certainly NOT in Motorsports history - not even in his prime time. Look at his biking performance; he never did anything in Rally sport either.
All the glamor is gone soon and young F1 fans will remember him as the poor old man who tried to beat age...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of100
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sebastien Buemi Discussions

Search the Sebastien Buemi Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Alguersuari says Formula One has become an auction (Feb '13) Feb '13 BAS 1
F1: Driver Exodus 'No Loss' Insists Verstappen (Dec '11) Dec '11 bhiam 1
Torro Rosso confirm new driver line-up (Dec '11) Dec '11 F1 Funatic 1
Raikkonen's NASCAR switch surprises F1 drivers (Apr '11) Apr '11 Bwest 1
Toro Rosso's warning and incentive (Apr '11) Apr '11 Bob 1
Barrichello impresses in testing (Feb '11) Feb '11 RSR08 1
Ferrari want change on Formula One safety car r... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Sam 5
•••
•••