'Piquet should have been punished'

Oct 10, 2009 Full story: Gulf Times

New Delhi : Formula One's ruling body should have punished Brazilian Nelson Piquet for the Renault race-fixing controversy, former driver David Coulthard has said.

Full Story

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 11, 2009
OF COURSE he should have gotten something for it - no matter WHO you're driving for, or WHO tells you to do it, you DON'T go out there and throw a crash!

Like every other sport, there are whistleblowing procedures and protections in-place for situations like this. It'll nail the team, or personnel in it, and there'll be a lot of publicity, but you would have come out of it as a stand-up guy.

BUT, now YOU'VE got it in YOUR 'public record'(what the racing public will always remember about you) that YOU threw a crash because YOU were "just following orders".

WHO'S going to take you seriously after THAT?
Well, actually, take you seriously AFTER that rant you did and THEN revealing it to TOTALLY f**k yourself up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ING Renault F1 Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's time to close Formula 1's cockpits Oct '14 ramosel 1
Kubica Safely Through Day Three (Aug '14) Aug '14 simon lorinyenko 1
Ferrari rules out Kubica F1 comeback (Oct '13) Dec '13 Gott War Racing 3
Prac Two: And it's another P1 for Vettel (Oct '13) Oct '13 Cale 11 2
Skeptics question Russian F1 deal that saved Sa... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Sol 1
Why I oppose a Kimi Raikkonen comeback (Oct '10) Apr '13 Binoy 21
Red Bull's Vettel wins Bahrain GP (Apr '13) Apr '13 F1 Funatic 1
More from around the web