Massa and Alonso call truce

Massa and Alonso call truce

There are 10 comments on the Irish Examiner story from Jan 16, 2010, titled Massa and Alonso call truce. In it, Irish Examiner reports that:

FELIPE MASSA is adamant he has cleared the air with new Ferrari team-mate Fernando Alonso.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Irish Examiner.

Anuruddha Fernando

Colombo, Sri Lanka

#1 Jan 22, 2010
that's better to keep groving their friendship,because if they work as a team,so it's better to win the championship

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 25, 2010
It sure is

“F1”

Since: Jul 08

Miami, FL

#3 Jan 25, 2010
its about time these two can use their talents together..

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#4 Jan 25, 2010
blah blah blah .. felipe I hope you kick El Torro's butt big time ..... hey 4mil, seriously they rally must have the most formidable line up, 2 very talented drivers. I think Alonso has the strategic brain, while felipe has the raw talent and is blisteringly quick ....

“F1”

Miami, FL

#5 Jan 25, 2010
you know, looking at their abilities if they could work together and learn from each other they may be a pretty good duo. taking into consideration ferrari's extensive testing they've managed to skimp up here and there. Ferrari may have a good thing up their sleeves.

Forza Ferrari!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#6 Jan 26, 2010
Bob are you going to support the American team or stick with Ferrari?

“Just love F1”

Since: Oct 07

Benavidez, Tigre

#7 Jan 26, 2010
USF1 will have one of our own, Jose Maria "Pechito" Lopez, driving for them .. sponsored by ... our Goverment !!!!!!.. oh God !!!,

“Lawrence”

Since: May 09

Flushing N,Y,

#8 Jan 26, 2010
Montoya4ever wrote:
USF1 will have one of our own, Jose Maria "Pechito" Lopez, driving for them .. sponsored by ... our Goverment !!!!!!.. oh God !!!,
Monty, what is your opinion of him, because I can't see anything outstanding in his history? Money problems for a small team seem to insure, that the money a driver can bring will overide talent. Unfortunately that seems to be the way of F1..!!

“F1”

Miami, FL

#9 Jan 26, 2010
hmltn-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Monty, what is your opinion of him, because I can't see anything outstanding in his history? Money problems for a small team seem to insure, that the money a driver can bring will overide talent. Unfortunately that seems to be the way of F1..!!
I remember the good ol days when talent was looked for and normally found and put to drive. hence the good old days of the 80s - mid 90's. Now its all about who brings in more $$ hence why Sebastian Bourdais lost his drive. HES A 4 TIME CART CHAMPION that was in a RedBullSHIT of a car.. i think he deserves another chance (if that ever comes) in a team that has a future and with some ground. With a couple expections like FA, FM, SV, Rubens, MS, LH, JB and a couple others.. F1 has a way of hiring the jokes and blokes latley..

“Just love F1”

Since: Oct 07

Benavidez, Tigre

#10 Jan 26, 2010
hmltn-1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He had GP2 experience with no outstanding records, he had a chance as test driver for Renault with lots of competition and then he came back to Argentina to race tourism (stock cars, top race) which are very popular here (Ford against Chevrolet ... and others). Lopez in two years won more than anyone else. Drivers and managers pointed him as a great talent and a true profesional, hard worker and focused !!... I don't agree about the government supporting Lopez but they do it because they think "Pechito" is going to do it just fine and it will be good for the country's image (????)... and maybe it is the first step towards having our GP back on the F1 schedule

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ING Renault F1 Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Air times announced for NBCSN documentary, 'Haa... Mar '16 Go HAAS F1 2
News F1 ACCESS30 Mar 2015 Alonso: McLaren exceeded m... (Apr '15) Apr '15 stewart scott 2
News F1 ACCESS01 Apr 2015 Say what? The best of race... (Apr '15) Apr '15 stewart scott 2
News It's time to close Formula 1's cockpits (Oct '14) Oct '14 ramosel 1
News Kubica Safely Through Day Three (Aug '14) Aug '14 simon lorinyenko 1
News Ferrari rules out Kubica F1 comeback (Oct '13) Dec '13 Gott War Racing 3
News Prac Two: And it's another P1 for Vettel (Oct '13) Oct '13 Cale 11 2
More from around the web