F1: Would Michael Schumacher Race for McLaren ???

There are 20 comments on the Nov 6, 2007, Paddock Talk story titled F1: Would Michael Schumacher Race for McLaren ???. In it, Paddock Talk reports that:

“I can imagine that there are thoughts along those lines. "Michael has everything: skill, fitness, and I am sure that he would beat (Lewis) Hamilton”

Would Michael Schumacher Race for McLaren ? A mischievous remark by Williams' Patrick Head has led to genuine speculation that Michael Schumacher might be limbering up to abandon retirement after just one year. via Paddock Talk

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Paddock Talk.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mclarenschumifan

Makati City, Philippines

#1 Nov 18, 2007
y not? y not? ynot? that would be a great barometer for shcumi and hamilton. we would see if schumi could win without a lapdog or if hamilton would crack again. notwithstanding team oreders, of course...
Siraj

Toronto, Canada

#2 Nov 18, 2007
mclarenschumifan wrote:
y not? y not? ynot? that would be a great barometer for shcumi and hamilton. we would see if schumi could win without a lapdog or if hamilton would crack again. notwithstanding team oreders, of course...
Heh..heh..good one. I don;t believe that it will happen although it would be great to see the competition and Lewy looking to Ronnie for his huggie after he gets whipped week in and out. I think that Maclaren are heading for Penalties anyways.

Since: Oct 07

Tallinn, Estonia

#3 Nov 19, 2007
No, as Michael and his manager said, if Schumacher would ever race again, then only for Ferrari.
Plus Michael would never want to work with someone like Dennis.
Gem

London, UK

#4 Nov 19, 2007
Everyone knows Shumacher would only go back to Ferrari, the reliable and fastest of them all.

And before anyone so much as dares to accuse me of loving Ferrari or Shumacher... Im far from it! But even so, those are the facts. McLaren have been unreliable for years! How do we know that this just wasnt a lucky year for them??

Its true, if he went to McLaren, then he could help Hamilton. But god would he need a lot of help!

There are many drivers that cant withstand the pressure of being hyped up! Sometimes they are as good as people say, but they become arses under pressure. I will give you an example...Jenson Button, was hyped up when he entered F1, semi-good to begin with, pressure got to him...and now where is he?? A complete dick!

I just hope Hamilton doesnt have to same failure, i'd like to see him do well, im just not sure if hes all hea cracked up to be...
Annie

Oswestry, UK

#5 Nov 19, 2007
Its true, if he went to McLaren, then he could help Hamilton. But god would he need a lot of help!

Michael would help Hamilton in certain ways but the big no no is the data - he has always protected his data - good move by Schumi and correct.

“evil flourishes when-”

- good men do nothing

#6 Nov 19, 2007
Personally I would love to see both (M)Schumacher and Montoya back in F1.
Unfortunatly these racers have so much pride that it won't happen whilst "drivers" like Jenson Bottom & David Coolthud stick around for ever!
Go Fernando Go

Australia

#7 Nov 19, 2007
MS is still capable of driving as fast as he ever drove, but you will never see him in a Mclaren because
1. There is no clear evidence of MS making a comeback
2. MS always sought No.1 driver status for the team he was driving for. Mclaren would never give MS No.1 driver status as long as Hamilton is in the team. MS wanted to join Mclaren before he switched to ferrari but he couldn't agree to not being the clear No.1 driver at Macca.Joining Ferrari instead of Macca proved to be a smart move as he went on to win another 5 WDC's.
MS would be crazy to join Macca if he were to make a comeback.Macca would just do to MS what they did to Fernando-ie; Use the champions set up ability, then favour hamilton both emotionally and tecnically under the guise of "equality" Making Hamilton look fast and the champion look ordinary.

“Wasted Days and Wasted Nights!”

Colombo Sri Lanka

#8 Nov 19, 2007
Go Fernando Go wrote:
MS is still capable of driving as..... Use the champions set up ability, then favour hamilton both emotionally and tecnically under the guise of "equality" Making Hamilton look fast and the champion look ordinary.
Hey GFG, couldn't agree with you more - It will be interesting to see how competitive Macca is next season without FA helping them with the setup off season.

Lewis is a spoilt young brat (most of them are) and I agree that no other driver is going to get equal or better treatment than Lewis while he is there.

As they say all McLaren drivers are equal but Lewis is more equal than his team mate!!!
mclarenschumifan

Cebu, Philippines

#9 Nov 20, 2007
so it's all settled then. lewy and ronnie are definitely lovers!!!

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#10 Nov 20, 2007
The only reason I see that MS would not drive for macca is simply because he has more class than that...
anonymous

Kitchener, Canada

#11 Nov 24, 2007
schumi would never run for macca, he would have to play second fiddle to LH ronnie's boy wonder and he's to much of a champion to play second fiddle to anyone. plus i'm sure if he wanted to race again ferrari would just hand him driver no 1 seat. kimi is great BUT ferrari is probably where they're at today because of schumi and the dream team, and shumi is were he's at because of ferrari and the dream team...it's all about the red car...ferrari fan forever.
Siraj

Toronto, Canada

#12 Nov 24, 2007
Schumi is not only a brilliant driver but an extremely smart businessman. This whole suggestion is ludicrous even to discuss. Why would a 7 time WDC, go and race for a team that spent 400 million dollars running an F1 team annually, sabotage a World Champion, pay a 100 million dollar fine for cheating, all to lose all their credibility to protect of an egomaniac, rookie upstart? Ferrari fans would do more than squirm at this whole thing. Give Schumi some intelligence....pretty please?
Roughneck

London, UK

#13 Nov 25, 2007
MS makes a perfect team mascot,why change?Kimi would not play the lapdog anyway...
Mike

Gloucester, UK

#14 Nov 26, 2007
Go Fernando Go wrote:
Macca would just do to MS what they did to Fernando-ie; Use the champions set up ability, then favour hamilton both emotionally and tecnically under the guise of "equality" Making Hamilton look fast and the champion look ordinary.
I love this kind of quote from you poor delusional Alonso supporters. Of course it was Alonso’s set up that made Lewis look so good, and that’s why he got 6 poles and Alonso only got 2……no wait, if Lewis was using the same set up as Fernando and if Fernando is a better driver, surely that statistic would be the other way round….??? Or maybe it’s because they used Fernando’s setup data, then sabotaged his car for qually and the race….no that can’t be right because he had a better reliability record this year than Lewis….or maybe it’s that Fernando is overrated and was out performed by a rookie this year, threw all his toys out of the pram and stomped off home shouting “I DON’T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE!!”

I’m sure Force India would give him number 1 status in the team and would be willing to hire a rookie from formula ford to make him look like a world champion again!!
Engine

South Africa

#15 Nov 26, 2007
Ron Dennis has no class, forever crying. Schumi would never race for this low class coolie.

I say let Schumi go to Toyota on condition they give Ralf a job, too. Atleast help his bro win something.
mat

UK

#16 Nov 26, 2007
Engine wrote:
Ron Dennis has no class, forever crying. Schumi would never race for this low class coolie.
I say let Schumi go to Toyota on condition they give Ralf a job, too. Atleast help his bro win something.
if michael wanted to race he would race for ferrari
assuming he wanted to rave and wasnt able to race for ferrari he would race for mclaren,absolutely no doubt,after all no other car is going to compete next year

by the way,even ferrari couldnt afford the repair bills for ralphs' driving.
Siraj

Toronto, Canada

#17 Nov 26, 2007
Engine wrote:
I think that Schumi will stay retired because he would not want to have his butt kicked again like it was. This time he has more to contend with. Stay away Michael Schmumacher, and maintain your aura...come...and get beaten.

“evil flourishes when-”

- good men do nothing

#18 Nov 27, 2007
OK the question was "Would Michael Schumacher race for Mclaren?"

The answer is no.
gabe

Windsor, Canada

#19 Nov 27, 2007
Siraj wrote:
<quoted text> I think that Schumi will stay retired because he would not want to have his butt kicked again like it was. This time he has more to contend with. Stay away Michael Schmumacher, and maintain your aura...come...and get beaten.
is fernando going to beat him with his toyota...or hamilton while sitting on his fathers lap???(ronnie or tony???)

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#20 Nov 27, 2007
Siraj wrote:
<quoted text> I think that Schumi will stay retired because he would not want to have his butt kicked again like it was. This time he has more to contend with. Stay away Michael Schmumacher, and maintain your aura...come...and get beaten.
Hey Siraj, get over it, get his butt kicked again!!!!! Stay away MS!!! Yip because the racing world will be thrown upside down again and he might just win an 8th WC. Oops how embarrassing that would be, especially for all the "youngsters", but with all honesty only if he did it in a Ferrari, there is no way he would sink to the depths of disaster and drive for "the git" and his cheating team from Woking.

By the way, what do you think Engine was referring to with his comment "Schumie will never race for this low class coolie". Hmmm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nico Rosberg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nico Rosberg Fan Club www.nicorosberg.es (Aug '08) Apr 3 f1 flowers 4
News Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo was quickest on the... Feb '15 S Williams 1
News Lewis Hamilton, pictured, put his most recent s... Feb '15 jeff12365 1
News F-1 Teams Kick Off Testing At Jerez Feb '15 F1 Funatic 2
News Were F1 Fans Right to Boo Nico Rosberg on the 2... (Aug '14) Nov '14 Rook 3
News Nico Rosberg - The new Mercedes-Amg GT is a dre... (Sep '14) Sep '14 rossbyron 1
News Canadian Grand Prix 2014 live stream free feed ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 loz 1
More from around the web