Hamilton says 3 candidates _ Rosberg,...

Hamilton says 3 candidates _ Rosberg, Sutil, Kovalainen _ in contention to be McLaren teammate

There are 29 comments on the PR-inside.com story from Nov 3, 2007, titled Hamilton says 3 candidates _ Rosberg, Sutil, Kovalainen _ in contention to be McLaren teammate. In it, PR-inside.com reports that:

Lewis Hamilton believes three drivers are in contention to be his new teammate at McLaren-Mercedes for the next Formula One season. via PR-inside.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PR-inside.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
alawrence8

Woodside, NY

#1 Nov 3, 2007
I cannot remember any 2 year period of time when such a wealth of rookie talent entered the sport. Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg, Heikki Kovalainen, Robert Kubica and Sebastion Vettel all potential world champions.

Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg would give Mclaren a very powerful driver lineup. The only stumbling block to this union could be Keke Rosberg, Nico's Father, who happens to be his manager. The newspaper Daily Mail says that "one obstacle could be his father Keke, who might prove reluctant for his son to link up with Hamilton who had the measure of him in Karting".

Laz

“*Insert trolling comment here*”

Since: Oct 07

Gets 'em thru the long grass.

#2 Nov 3, 2007
Why would any of those drivers want to go to the McLaren/Hamilton circus to have their career ruined?

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3 Nov 3, 2007
As Jenson found out it is hard to get out of a Williams contract and I don't see his karting days being the problem as much as Hamilton himself and Keke is no fool, I just don't see Nico going to McLaren some how.
F Alonso World Champion

Cambrils, Spain

#5 Nov 4, 2007
I have the man: Rubens Barrichello
larry

Spain

#6 Nov 4, 2007
F Alonso World Champion wrote:
I have the man: Rubens Barrichello
I agree. He should stop everytime that Lewis is out of the track pushing wrong buttons.

As the cranes can´t get in the cars anymore, Rubens should work as a crane to Lewis. There´s no rules about it...
F Alonso World Champion

Cambrils, Spain

#7 Nov 4, 2007
larry wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. He should stop everytime that Lewis is out of the track pushing wrong buttons.
As the cranes can´t get in the cars anymore, Rubens should work as a crane to Lewis. There´s no rules about it...
Con dos cojones (with a pair of bollocks)

“Just love F1”

Since: Oct 07

Benavidez, Tigre

#8 Nov 4, 2007
«I know them all very well. I
want a team player,» said Hamilton ...
gwo

Zaragoza, Spain

#9 Nov 4, 2007
alawrence8 wrote:
I cannot remember any 2 year period of time when such a wealth of rookie talent entered the sport. Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg, Heikki Kovalainen, Robert Kubica and Sebastion Vettel all potential world champions.
Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg would give Mclaren a very powerful driver lineup. The only stumbling block to this union could be Keke Rosberg, Nico's Father, who happens to be his manager. The newspaper Daily Mail says that "one obstacle could be his father Keke, who might prove reluctant for his son to link up with Hamilton who had the measure of him in Karting".
Hamilton hype goes on and on and on...
Abbie Clark

Liskeard, UK

#10 Nov 4, 2007
I really can't imagine any self-respecting Rookie wanting to join up with McLaren/Hamilton show. It might be harder to fill that seat that perhaps they're thinking.
Devoted Ferrari fan

UK

#11 Nov 4, 2007
Who does Hamilton think he is! Who is he to say who goes to that pathetic team who would want to? Whoever does they had better be prepared to be number 2 and do everything Ron dennis and Hamilton tells them!
bobby_

Richmond Hill, Canada

#12 Nov 4, 2007
All the noise coming out of Hamilton and Mclaren now, indicates that they are ready for Number 1 driver policy......now???

What a losers, screw 2xWDC, but do it for the mediocrity Hamilton... LOL!!!
Abbie Clark

UK

#13 Nov 4, 2007
bobby_ wrote:
All the noise coming out of Hamilton and Mclaren now, indicates that they are ready for Number 1 driver policy......now???
What a losers, screw 2xWDC, but do it for the mediocrity Hamilton... LOL!!!
Shows how false they've been all this season; they're hypocritical liars.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#14 Nov 4, 2007
Williams has once again played down expectations that Nico Rosberg is a front-runner to replace Fernando Alonso at McLaren for the 2008 season.

After Alonso's contract release was announced last Friday, Lewis Hamilton at the weekend publicly named Rosberg as well as Adrian Sutil and Heikki Kovalainen - among the most likely drivers to race alongside him next year.

But Patrick Head, Williams' technical veteran and a co-owner of the Grove-based team, has maintained the outfit's consistent message in the face of the rumours - that Rosberg is not for sale.

"Nico is contracted to our team for 2008 and we have an option for his services for 2009," he told the Mail on Sunday.

"We are planning to go into next season with Nico as our lead driver, and we would not entertain any approach from McLaren for Nico.

"McLaren are a team in a position to offer very large salaries, but our aim is to be looking to strengthen Williams," Head added.

I don't think so lol.

“F1 the ultimate sport ”

Since: Jan 07

Johannesburg, South Africa

#15 Nov 4, 2007
"Hamilton says 3 candidates _ Rosberg, Sutil, Kovalainen _ in contention to be McLaren teammate"

When was he made Team Boss . Maybe Heiki should go and teach the brat a leason
jay james

Isla-cristina, Spain

#16 Nov 5, 2007
Who the hell does Hamilton think he is .does he own Mcclaren? Alonso is free from them at last,who would want to play second fiddle to Hamilton.

“Wasted Days and Wasted Nights!”

Since: Oct 07

Colombo Sri Lanka

#17 Nov 5, 2007
Well it jus goes to show that all drivers are equal at McLaren but Hamilton is MORE equal than others!

No preference!!!!!!
scalesy

UK

#18 Nov 8, 2007
The young Mr Hamilton is getting far to big for his boots i used to think he was okay but I admit it how wrong I was.

I just hope that whoever takes up the poisoned chalice comes out the other side with a career and either way brings the young pretender down to earth with a bit bump!!!!! But alas I doubt that will happen not with the blatant bias of his team to the detriment of his teamate even to the point of neither being WC

Oh just for the record I didn't think much of Alono's antics either for me I think Hamilton and Alonso are more alike than they or anyone else would care to admit however Hamilton is a much more accomplished and convincing liar with more backing

gwo

Bergara, Spain

#19 Nov 10, 2007
Devoted Ferrari fan wrote:
Who does Hamilton think he is! Who is he to say who goes to that pathetic team who would want to? Whoever does they had better be prepared to be number 2 and do everything Ron dennis and Hamilton tells them!
He already said that he did not want Alonso in his team and that was before he had achieved anything. And I said it in this forum: if things don't go as he thinks they will, Hamilton will have to eat his words. And it happened. And what to say of the planned visit to Senna's grave. Thank God Kimi won and we were spared of all that cheesinyess. LOL.
I remember I said something like "Hamilton had better win or he will become the Kournikova of F1". Well, he is certainly scoring points in that category.
Abbie Clark

Bradford, UK

#20 Nov 10, 2007
gwo wrote:
<quoted text>
He already said that he did not want Alonso in his team and that was before he had achieved anything. And I said it in this forum: if things don't go as he thinks they will, Hamilton will have to eat his words. And it happened. And what to say of the planned visit to Senna's grave. Thank God Kimi won and we were spared of all that cheesinyess. LOL.
I remember I said something like "Hamilton had better win or he will become the Kournikova of F1". Well, he is certainly scoring points in that category.
Note the 'in his team'- what a big head. As the record says he needs to shutup and drive. Oh he's on Parkinson tonight if anyone's interested, following his appearance at the TV awards last week - perhaps he now interested in a career in the media?
mat

Richmond, UK

#21 Nov 10, 2007
jay james wrote:
Who the hell does Hamilton think he is .does he own Mcclaren? Alonso is free from them at last,who would want to play second fiddle to Hamilton.
im glad you understand that alonso would only be able to play second fiddle to lewis

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nico Rosberg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lewis Hamilton calls in sick, misses Pirelli F1... (Oct '16) Oct '16 proflagger 1
News Formula 1's Latest Rumours, Talk: Sebastian Vet... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Rbelo 1
News Nico Rosberg makes it seven in a row with victo... (May '16) May '16 Go HAAS F1 1
News Lewis Hamilton walks his dog on a UNICYCLE as h... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
Nico Rosberg Fan Club www.nicorosberg.es (Aug '08) Apr '15 f1 flowers 4
News Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo was quickest on the... (Feb '15) Feb '15 S Williams 1
News Lewis Hamilton, pictured, put his most recent s... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Anonymous 1
More from around the web