F1: Rosberg to McLaren Rumors Running...

F1: Rosberg to McLaren Rumors Running Full Steam ???

There are 21 comments on the Paddock Talk story from Oct 23, 2007, titled F1: Rosberg to McLaren Rumors Running Full Steam ???. In it, Paddock Talk reports that:

“It's something neither Frank (Williams) or myself is even contemplating.”

Williams chiefs are not even contemplating letting Nico Rosberg depart to McLaren for the 2008 season. via Paddock Talk

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Paddock Talk.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
koji

Spain

#1 Oct 23, 2007
personally i would prefer mercedes buying macca share and lewis an dennis leaving to prodrive

but now that looks prodrive deal is not ready

if alonso goes dennis would put pedro as an aid man to lewis, he has to save money.
dave

UK

#2 Oct 23, 2007
Actually I think theres a small chance Gary Paffett may take the 2nd McLaren seat if Prodrive will not be racing next season.
bobby_

Toronto, Canada

#3 Oct 23, 2007
Let's hope Keke have enough common sence to protect Nico from McMisery.
Suhaila

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#4 Oct 24, 2007
bobby_ wrote:
hear hear!!!
Nicole

Espoo, Finland

#5 Oct 24, 2007
bobby_ wrote:
Mika Häkkinen was sure that Nico would take Alonso's place but Keke has refused to comment on that.

One thing might speak for itself - Keke said on Sunday that it takes a special talent to lose the WDC when leading 17 points and only two races to go. He hasn't slashed out at McLaren like this before which in my eyes means only one thing - Nico is not going to Macca.

I would have liked to see Alonso and Kimi as team mates!
koji

Spain

#6 Oct 24, 2007
would have liked to see Alonso and Kimi as team mates!

still can be

interview to vettel:

Q- Where you think that Alonso will run?

A- Good, already it seemed strange to me nobody asked that question before to me.

The shot can leave for any side.

But I will give U a Clue.

It can be that in these days,ToroRosso is sold to Ferrari and if finally happens it can be possible a certain Massa finishes there.

Q- Do You Think possible that the announcement of renovation for Massa by Ferrari is a smoke curtain to get Dennis leave Alonso for free and sign him?

A- Maybe..that has to do with the question which I answered before.

And something more: Alonso already knew that Massa was renewed a long time ago.

see...ummm...

i remember saying massa could be in toro rosso next season a couple of times..

and this goes in the direction my friend at Fiat pointed out last week.

he said the deal between nando and luca is done weeks ago.

nando NEVER lies he always speak his mind, and if he say renault is not his first option i do believe is true

fav doesnt look very happy today, and its not usual to see luca praising nando in public.
Nicole

Espoo, Finland

#7 Oct 24, 2007
Hi Koji, I've been thinking about it too, Flavio's statements and Luca praising Alonso. That would be great, I'm sure they would both enjoy each others company and we wouldn't have to be afraid of neither one of them starting a personal campaign against each others in the press.

“"McLaren in my soul"”

Since: Apr 07

Worcester, U.K

#8 Oct 24, 2007
Nicole wrote:
Hi Koji, I've been thinking about it too, Flavio's statements and Luca praising Alonso. That would be great, I'm sure they would both enjoy each others company and we wouldn't have to be afraid of neither one of them starting a personal campaign against each others in the press.
Honey you are living in a DREAM world if you think alonso would 'play nice' with Kimi & respect him!! Simply NOT going to happen, he is the most self centred, self absorbed driver out there (now MS has gone) The moment Kimi started to beat him (& he would) he would be wah wahing all over again like the petulant loser he has become this year.

Many in the paddock have been appauled by alonso behaviour this season & he wasn't worthy of the WC title, thankfully thats not a issue now.
Nicole

Espoo, Finland

#9 Oct 24, 2007
winged princess wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey you are living in a DREAM world if you think alonso would 'play nice' with Kimi & respect him!! Simply NOT going to happen, he is the most self centred, self absorbed driver out there (now MS has gone) The moment Kimi started to beat him (& he would) he would be wah wahing all over again like the petulant loser he has become this year.
Many in the paddock have been appauled by alonso behaviour this season & he wasn't worthy of the WC title, thankfully thats not a issue now.
Princess, I just can't see the two of them fighting, just can't!

Everything went wrong in McLaren this year, Alonso did not fit in there. I hope next year will be totally different and that Ron finds a more suitable team mate to Lewis because the chemistry between the two of them didn't need any outside fuel to blow up and it ended up in a total disaster.

I believe it's important that team mates get along, it strenghtens the team and it shows on the track. Nobody saw this coming but it should be prevented next season.

Who do you think would be a dream team mate for Lewis? Nico could be one but seems like it's not going to happen, they know each other from GP2 and have both been racing against each other for the championship, at least they seem to be on good terms. Take care Princess ;)

“"McLaren in my soul"”

Worcester, U.K

#10 Oct 24, 2007
Nicole wrote:
<quoted text>
Princess, I just can't see the two of them fighting, just can't!
Everything went wrong in McLaren this year, Alonso did not fit in there. I hope next year will be totally different and that Ron finds a more suitable team mate to Lewis because the chemistry between the two of them didn't need any outside fuel to blow up and it ended up in a total disaster.
I believe it's important that team mates get along, it strenghtens the team and it shows on the track. Nobody saw this coming but it should be prevented next season.
Who do you think would be a dream team mate for Lewis? Nico could be one but seems like it's not going to happen, they know each other from GP2 and have both been racing against each other for the championship, at least they seem to be on good terms. Take care Princess ;)
Nicole ANYONE would be an improvement on that snake in the grass tbh! I would love to see Nico there, they are great friends. But lots of ppl really get on with Lewis like Massa & Heidfeld, Kovalainen etc

Have a good day!
well

Spain

#11 Oct 24, 2007
winged princess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hamilton, on the contrary, is a wonderful person full of love for his team and completely disinterestda in anything but fair play...

you are talking rubbish.
Phil

Novi, MI

#12 Oct 24, 2007
No, no people... you have it all wrong... Nicole is starting to see it.

We need a team for Lewis (the best)
A teammate for Lewis (the most complacent)
A car for Lewis (the fastest)
A team strategy (some drivers are more equal than others)
A set up expert for Lewis (get his car tuned right)
A special FIA commission (to overrule any possible unfavorable decisions by rogue stewads)
A media campaign for Lewis (including all media and publishing companies with several biographies at the ready)

Everything at the ready for Lewis, cause he is the greatest driver who ever lived. He doesnt need to prove ANYTHING to ANYONE. For you morons who havent seen it yet? What does it take!?!?!
What does he have to prove? Winning even a single race without the presumption of having been favored? Come on! You are so biased!!!

Oh, and a new steering wheel for Lewis, you cant expect him to have to contend with the same pesky buttons other drivers have to dont you?
Phil

Novi, MI

#13 Oct 24, 2007
koji wrote:
would have liked to see Alonso and Kimi as team mates!
still can be
interview to vettel:
Q- Where you think that Alonso will run?
A- Good, already it seemed strange to me nobody asked that question before to me.
The shot can leave for any side.
But I will give U a Clue.
It can be that in these days,ToroRosso is sold to Ferrari and if finally happens it can be possible a certain Massa finishes there.
Q- Do You Think possible that the announcement of renovation for Massa by Ferrari is a smoke curtain to get Dennis leave Alonso for free and sign him?
A- Maybe..that has to do with the question which I answered before.
And something more: Alonso already knew that Massa was renewed a long time ago.
see...ummm...
i remember saying massa could be in toro rosso next season a couple of times..
and this goes in the direction my friend at Fiat pointed out last week.
he said the deal between nando and luca is done weeks ago.
nando NEVER lies he always speak his mind, and if he say renault is not his first option i do believe is true
fav doesnt look very happy today, and its not usual to see luca praising nando in public.
Sensei,

I think you are hoping. I saw an interview (I think it was Marca, but I cant find it now) to Alonso in which he said that he doesnt say things that he doesnt think, and immediately the interviewer asked him if he had a new team or maybe if he was going to Renault (I cant remember) and Alonso says that there is nothing worked out (and he has that smile like he has just eaten his own words) For me it has to be Renault.

Can Ferrari buy Toro Rosso if other teams are impeding entrance of Prodrive? It seems almost the same issue to me, but I havent been following it.

Vettels interview is very curious as it is the fact that Marca or As havent made echo of it. If there was substance dont you think they would have made a loud echo?

But along with that, Montezemolo's comments were interesting, as was Alonso's reaction after the last race. That comment saying Renault is not his first option is also interesting. There may be something cooking, but I still say the Renault, deal is a done thing (and Fernando may be waiting to sign if something else is in the works), and the Ferrari one is still wishful thinking.

In any case we are all reading tea leaves. I hope this serves you in something.
Luis Montoya

Argentina

#14 Oct 24, 2007
koji wrote:
personally i would prefer mercedes buying macca share and lewis an dennis leaving to prodrive
but now that looks prodrive deal is not ready
if alonso goes dennis would put pedro as an aid man to lewis, he has to save money.
Epa !!... that could be good for Pedro, he long time ago deserves a seat !!... and it would be great for LH who won't fight someone his age and experience !!... and he would keep on learning with Pedro's attitude more open (as he doesn't aim at the championship but as a full time F1 driver condition)
bobby_

Mississauga, Canada

#15 Oct 24, 2007
winged princess wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicole ANYONE would be an improvement on that snake in the grass tbh! I would love to see Nico there, they are great friends. But lots of ppl really get on with Lewis like Massa & Heidfeld, Kovalainen etc
Have a good day!
Really?? How soon we forget!!
Up until Monaco you cannot help but to like Lewis Hamilton. All that "teammates are friends, I'm going to learn a lot from 2xWDC, I'm going to support him bla, bla, bla..." In fact Alonso bought this crap lock, stock and barrel, and concentrated on his job of improving the car and fighting Ferrari's. The fact is, beating Alonso was Hammi's goal from first time they met.
That’s explain his podium finishes: don't take any risk fighting other teams, just follow Alonso until he will make mistake fighting, than get ahead of him in the points, and bingo by Monaco he is already confident enough, so why not diminish excellent 1-2 by Mclaren and win by Alonso by accusing your own team of team orders??
It is Hamilton who fired the first shot in the sordid affair that culminated in total disaster for the team.
Now tell me Princess who is real snake in the grass??
bobby_

Mississauga, Canada

#16 Oct 24, 2007
Phil wrote:
No, no people... you have it all wrong... Nicole is starting to see it.
We need a team for Lewis (the best)
A teammate for Lewis (the most complacent)
A car for Lewis (the fastest)
A team strategy (some drivers are more equal than others)
A set up expert for Lewis (get his car tuned right)
A special FIA commission (to overrule any possible unfavorable decisions by rogue stewads)
A media campaign for Lewis (including all media and publishing companies with several biographies at the ready)
Everything at the ready for Lewis, cause he is the greatest driver who ever lived. He doesnt need to prove ANYTHING to ANYONE. For you morons who havent seen it yet? What does it take!?!?!
What does he have to prove? Winning even a single race without the presumption of having been favored? Come on! You are so biased!!!
Oh, and a new steering wheel for Lewis, you cant expect him to have to contend with the same pesky buttons other drivers have to dont you?
I love it!! Sarcasm!! Exactly what doctor prescribed!!

Since: Sep 07

Bandung, Indonesia

#17 Oct 24, 2007
Alonso to Ferrari? Bring it on!
Kimi would just beat the hell him out! He won't got distracted!

“"McLaren in my soul"”

Worcester, U.K

#18 Oct 25, 2007
bobby_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?? How soon we forget!!
Up until Monaco you cannot help but to like Lewis Hamilton. All that "teammates are friends, I'm going to learn a lot from 2xWDC, I'm going to support him bla, bla, bla..." In fact Alonso bought this crap lock, stock and barrel, and concentrated on his job of improving the car and fighting Ferrari's. The fact is, beating Alonso was Hammi's goal from first time they met.
That’s explain his podium finishes: don't take any risk fighting other teams, just follow Alonso until he will make mistake fighting, than get ahead of him in the points, and bingo by Monaco he is already confident enough, so why not diminish excellent 1-2 by Mclaren and win by Alonso by accusing your own team of team orders??
It is Hamilton who fired the first shot in the sordid affair that culminated in total disaster for the team.
Now tell me Princess who is real snake in the grass??
bobby of COURSE he was going to race his team mate! What would you he rather do? Sit there & knit? He's a racing driver, thats what they do RACE. Unless they are ferrari lap dogs who are programmed to just do their bidding & roll over when asked - that is NOT racing. I'm glas Lewis didn't lie down for alonso, he deserves to be runner up in the championship. In his 1st year, he has put that ex WC to shame. Good on him.
bobby_

Richmond Hill, Canada

#19 Oct 25, 2007
Princess, Lewser did not have a chance against Alonso on his own:

It is clear that the only people at Mclaren who fought Ferrari this season are:
1. Fernando Alonso
2. His mechanics.
3. Engineers back at the factory.

Hamilton, Dennis, Haug and Whitmarsh, dedicated all season to wrestling WDC from Alonso.

And O Boy!! they flopped.

Can you imagine for one second that they would have treat drivers this season, like they treated Hakkinen and DC??

Alonso would have 8 wins at least. hamilton may be one (Canada??) I’m kidding!!

All this story is reminiscent of Cinderella,
but they clearly picked the wrong guy to play the part!!

McLaren management is a disgrace to the sport, period. No excuses!!!
Ksyusha

Rivne, Ukraine

#20 Oct 26, 2007
Nicole wrote:
<quoted text>
Mika Häkkinen was sure that Nico would take Alonso's place but Keke has refused to comment on that.
One thing might speak for itself - Keke said on Sunday that it takes a special talent to lose the WDC when leading 17 points and only two races to go. He hasn't slashed out at McLaren like this before which in my eyes means only one thing - Nico is not going to Macca.
I would have liked to see Alonso and Kimi as team mates!
Nicole, I would support you in your wish, but it's a true challenge for us fans. I would be against to have us split, as if they would fight for the championship we would support the different. And Fernie and Kimi like each other and I like the way Fernando supports Kimi in his champ's award. Fernando knows very good to whom this title should belong through 2008 - to Kimi... It should not change, but them in one team it would be very difficult, that is true...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nico Rosberg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nico Rosberg makes it seven in a row with victo... May '16 Go HAAS F1 1
News Lewis Hamilton walks his dog on a UNICYCLE as h... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
Nico Rosberg Fan Club www.nicorosberg.es (Aug '08) Apr '15 f1 flowers 4
News Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo was quickest on the... (Feb '15) Feb '15 S Williams 1
News Lewis Hamilton, pictured, put his most recent s... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Anonymous 1
News F-1 Teams Kick Off Testing At Jerez (Feb '15) Feb '15 F1 Funatic 2
News Were F1 Fans Right to Boo Nico Rosberg on the 2... (Aug '14) Nov '14 Rook 3
More from around the web