F1: Ferrari Set for FIA Floor Flexing...

F1: Ferrari Set for FIA Floor Flexing Test

There are 12 comments on the Speed Channel story from Apr 12, 2007, titled F1: Ferrari Set for FIA Floor Flexing Test. In it, Speed Channel reports that:

“Some small detailed changes, but nothing fundamental, nothing that can affect the performance of the car.”

Ferrari is likely to be subject to the updated FIA test of floor deflection for the first time after qualifying on Saturday. via Speed Channel

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Speed Channel.

emre

Istanbul, Turkey

#1 Apr 24, 2007
ferari yaeıoş seti
kojikabuto

Spain

#3 Apr 25, 2007
ferrari and bmw to test again

The F I A has sent a letter to all teams communicating to them that from next race the flat bottoms will be put under an ascending force of the 2000 Newtons.
This, instead of the 500 Newtons used until now. FIA have changed the regulation on the verification of the flat bottoms of the cars, after the letter sent by Mclaren on the first test of season,and Melbourne G.P,requesting an explanation from the FIA,to verify that Ferrari and BMW teams used a wharf between the chassis and the flat mentioned one that could make it flexible, now returns to change it for the G.P of Spain that will dispute the 13 of May. After the technical verifications made in the Great Prizes of Malaysia and Bahrein, the technical commissioner of the FIA, Charlie Whiting, has not been sure of which flat bottoms are not flexible and for that reason it has been decided to quadruplicate the force that will be applied to such, always lacking of wharves and other devices and that is really "flat and rigid". The teams that uses the wharves between the flat bottom and the chassis argues that these are for avoiding that the bottom of the car suffers damages when raises by the curbs.

Source: reuters
kojikabuto

Spain

#4 Apr 25, 2007
one rumor runnin in the paddock,and its only aq rumor, that is something very strange that now the FIA decides to change the norm respect to whatever must flexar the bottoms of the car.seems like Bernie want to wipe out the small advantage of the red ones with respect to mclaren. This smells a bit of pact between Ron and Bernie so that the British take the championship. Both they know that only Alonso is able to beat the Italians, but if they leave Mclaren with advantage is very possible that Hamilton also obtains it.

The only problem is not to give to the Spanish a car with the same benefits that the briton. Everything in this life has price.

Ganesh

Beijing, China

#5 Apr 25, 2007
Strange!!!But lets see if it does make a difference.Ferrari already have removed their flexi floor so i guess i shudnt be a problem anymore.
kojikabuto

Spain

#6 Apr 25, 2007
I know!!, thats why im suprised now with this "sudden" effort from the FIA to pursuit BMW AND FERRARI (by the way the only teams that can beat the maccas by now)

your gonna say that alonso fans are always looking for complots or sabotage against him
but the affair of the lamp falling down "accidentally" just before the qualy for the race,the stange behavior of the car and the brakes of FA car just after winning his first GP with Mclaren...and now this...

for the first time really looks like bernie wants Mclaren instread ferrari to win the titles. and if hamilton is there or wins over FA..MUCH better for the Bussinen$$$$

More info about this matter

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/article...
Ganesh

Beijing, China

#7 Apr 26, 2007
Yeah perhaps Bernie wants Macca and may be also Lewis to win.But i didnt get u of what u told of Fernando's lamp accident incident.I didnt get the connection between these two events.
kojikabuto

Spain

#8 Apr 26, 2007
i meant this
http://www.topix.com/forum/formula1/kimi-raik...

put all togheter....too many strange things in a row..
Ganesh

Beijing, China

#9 Apr 27, 2007
Ok now i get it .Anynews of when testing will begin?
kojikabuto

Spain

#11 Apr 27, 2007
not for now,

mclaren was testing new aero pack in menorca with gary paffet yesterday and ferrari is doing so in italy.

probably next week.
Ganesh

Beijing, China

#12 Apr 27, 2007
kojikabuto wrote:
not for now,
mclaren was testing new aero pack in menorca with gary paffet yesterday and ferrari is doing so in italy.
probably next week.
Well i hope Kimi is sorted with all the issues he had in Baharain and Malaysia.Ferrari is looking good and so is the mclaren,but i fear Mclaren will only get better as we move into Europe.
Macomen

Ljubljana, Slovenia

#15 Apr 27, 2007
Ferrari isn't going down, never!!! They are the beast team and they have Kimi the beast driver!!
Vijay

Trivandrum, India

#17 Apr 29, 2007
I dont think McLaren will make it this season. I sincerely believe that the Ferraris will reign supreme in the rest of the races.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nico Rosberg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lewis Hamilton calls in sick, misses Pirelli F1... (Oct '16) Oct '16 proflagger 1
News Formula 1's Latest Rumours, Talk: Sebastian Vet... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Rbelo 1
News Nico Rosberg makes it seven in a row with victo... (May '16) May '16 Go HAAS F1 1
News Lewis Hamilton walks his dog on a UNICYCLE as h... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
Nico Rosberg Fan Club www.nicorosberg.es (Aug '08) Apr '15 f1 flowers 4
News Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo was quickest on the... (Feb '15) Feb '15 S Williams 1
News Lewis Hamilton, pictured, put his most recent s... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Anonymous 1
More from around the web