Jenson Button likely to join Lewis Ha...

Jenson Button likely to join Lewis Hamilton at McLaren

There are 7 comments on the Telegraph.co.uk story from Nov 16, 2009, titled Jenson Button likely to join Lewis Hamilton at McLaren. In it, Telegraph.co.uk reports that:

Jenson Button appears increasingly likely to move to McLaren and form an all-British 'dream-team' partnership with his predecessor as world champion, Lewis Hamilton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Telegraph.co.uk.

Adam F1 Fan

Pembroke, UK

#1 Nov 16, 2009
I Loved Brawn GP's sucess in 2009 I was behind them all the way but all things conciddered i think something is a lil off!Where was Daimler (Mercedes-Benz) last year when Honda put the team up for sale? Nowhere! Where was button? Taking a huge pay cut rumored to be 5 million to help Brawn GP get started. And now Brawn/...... Mercedes is not prepared to make a reasonable offer to keep him. god damn the man is WDC £8m is a steal!

Something tells me this Mercedes deal has been in the pipeline for a while and that "Team Germany" was mercs real intention/ preferance unless they could secure the word drivers champion for peanuts! i also think that Brawn GP may have been made aware of this before the last race of the season, hence no contract for Button as they did not want to loose the Mercedes deal.
I am a huge supporter of Jenson and also support Hamilton I can’t see an issue with them being part of the same team at McLaren. Ok Jenson will likely play second fiddle to Lewis but I am confident that in a good car Jenson can really perform well. 2009 was the first time (maybe ever) Jenson had been driving potentially a championship winning car, and guess what he won the season!
Christelle

South Africa

#2 Nov 17, 2009
Jenson was good in the beginning of the year when they had the dubble diffuser advantage but once all the cars were equal he fell out the bus.
I am no fan of Hamilton but he performed very well - from where he started.
for Jenson to move to team Hamilton - he has to really think this through. That whole team is moulded around Hamilton - look what happened this year. He got all the upgrades and poor Heikki had to make do with second best - and then they say he is no good!! I mean come on!!!
If we can get through this period of speculation and wiating for the driver line ups, I think 2010 is going to spectacular

Since: Feb 08

Dresden

#3 Nov 17, 2009
Brawn has the problem of offering the current champ less money with Nr 1 on his car to play Nr 2 to Rosberg.......can't work.
So Button will take his Nr 1 car for more money to be Nr 2 to Hamilton......that will work? Hmmmmmmmm
At least Ham is a WDC..........so has at least proved something. Button however has also the buttongate saga behind him so maybe the team just don't trust him and may just think his "loyalty and paycut" last year just might have more to do with having a job at all than ermm "loyalty". He showed none of that when he bought himself out of Williams now did he?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#4 Nov 18, 2009
siberianlady wrote:
Brawn has the problem of offering the current champ less money with Nr 1 on his car to play Nr 2 to Rosberg.......can't work.
So Button will take his Nr 1 car for more money to be Nr 2 to Hamilton......that will work? Hmmmmmmmm
At least Ham is a WDC..........so has at least proved something. Button however has also the buttongate saga behind him so maybe the team just don't trust him and may just think his "loyalty and paycut" last year just might have more to do with having a job at all than ermm "loyalty". He showed none of that when he bought himself out of Williams now did he?
I think Hamilton will have to be 2nd to Button in 2010. Regardless of team Button drives he is still #1, he won the 2009 WDC.

“Have a nice day”

Since: Oct 07

Northern Ireland!

#5 Nov 18, 2009
Go Button you deserve to be the no 1 driver!!!
Christelle

South Africa

#6 Nov 18, 2009
Yea go Button!! I really hope that he thrashes Lewis next year!!! With Kimi maybe/possibly out I will be rooting that Jenson will be driving Lewis into the ground.
I know this is wishful thinking but one can drean!
Joshua

Randburg, South Africa

#7 Nov 18, 2009
Brawn is definitely one of "The" best strategists in F1, but I think he shot himself in the foot by letting Jenson go.

He faces a new challenge with having to understand two new drivers as well as trying to learn and come to terms with their driving styles.

I hope they make the most logical decision... Sign Kimi !!

He still has a lot to offer to any team !!!

The Nico/Nick pairing will not work, both in my opinion are mediocre drivers, they need someone with Kimi's aggression.. I doubt they'll pay Kimi what he wants, if they couldn't even pay their WDC what he wanted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nico Rosberg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lewis Hamilton calls in sick, misses Pirelli F1... Oct '16 proflagger 1
News Formula 1's Latest Rumours, Talk: Sebastian Vet... Oct '16 Rbelo 1
News Nico Rosberg makes it seven in a row with victo... (May '16) May '16 Go HAAS F1 1
News Lewis Hamilton walks his dog on a UNICYCLE as h... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
Nico Rosberg Fan Club www.nicorosberg.es (Aug '08) Apr '15 f1 flowers 4
News Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo was quickest on the... (Feb '15) Feb '15 S Williams 1
News Lewis Hamilton, pictured, put his most recent s... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Anonymous 1
More from around the web